Monday, October 26, 2015

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream VS NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick

I normally don't blog about the personal items I buy, but I usually really love the NYX cosmetics brand and was recently kind of bummed out when I purchased one of their products and wanted to share my experience with you here. I have really been in love with liquid lipsticks lately because I love the way they dry, the way they look and how long they last so I was excited to see that NYX has a few liquid lipstick options.

I originally found the NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick first and wanted to try three shades but couldn't find them in the stores near me, every time I went they were sold out. However I noticed they had another liquid lipstick which is their NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream and decided to pick up a shade called Istanbul along with one called Copenhagen, I love how both shades look and they dried well. I was extra excited when I visited one of my local Ulta's on Friday because they finally had the Liquid Suede in Cookies & Cream that I had been looking for.

 



When I got home I went to try it out right away and found that it is the exact same color as the Sofe Matte Istanbul which was a big disappointment, not just because it was the same shade as the other one I bought but for three other reasons as well. 1.) The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream has 0.23OZ per lip cream and the Suede only has 0.13OZ although the product packaging is much lager. 2.) The Suede comes with less product for a higher price, the Soft matte is $5.99 and the Suede us $6.99. 3.) The Soft matte smells like cupcakes and the suede has more of a waxy smell to it. As you can see in the photos above based on the packaging they look like two different colors with the cookies & cream being darker and also in a larger tube. Can you tell the different on my lips when I wear both of them at once? My bottom lip is the Cookies & Cream Liquid Suede, and the top is Istanbul sofe matte.

I would suggest checking out the matte lip cream line first because I have a feeling a few of the suede shades will be available in the soft matte and you will get more product that smells better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Soft Matte looks nice and smelling like cupcakes is a bonus I will have to look into getting this product thanks for the post.

Sherry L. said...

I am kind of bummed to realize there isn't as much in the suede as they packaging leads you to believe, I wanted to try the sandstorm but this isn't the first review I've read stating there isn't as much as you think in it :/ I will look into the other line.