Sunday, October 11, 2015

Tolmachoff Farms Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned below have been provided by Tolmachoff Farms  for the review free of charge.****

Every year it is a family tradition of ours to visit at least one farm during October to experience a fall festival or similar Halloween festivities, this year we had the chance to visit a wonderful farm called Tolmachoff Farms. Tolmachoff Farms was easy to locate and had plenty of parking space open for everyone visiting, right away as you pull into the entrance you can see that the farm has a lot to offer including a large market area where you can purchase pumpkins, home made goods and more. When we arrived we had the chance to meet the owner who was really nice and told us about the farm, she was happy to answer any questions we had, then we were on our way to check out the farm.





I've been to a few farms in our state but have to admit that Tolmachoff Farms offers more than any of the others we have visited, I was actually surprised by the amount of things the farm has to offer for family fun. As soon as we walked into the farm we noticed a face painting station, a pumpkin painting area, a play area with a two story play house and large slide, a petting zoo, a corn play box (This was like a sand box, but instead of sand it was dry corn. The kids had a blast playing in this), the farm also offered jump houses, a giant jumping pillow, a Haunted corn maze, a family corn maze which offered a fun scavenger hunt and a smaller kid friendly corn maze that last 3-10 minutes which is perfect for the small tots, a train ride, concession stands and more. Aside from seeing the multiple number of activities the farm had to offer, I also noticed there was plenty of shaded seating for anyone wanting to rest or to sit down and eat once they stop by the concession stands they had near the bounce houses.





The kids were unsure what to do first because there was so much to do so we let them decide on what order to do everything in. Tickets into the farm cost $9 each for ages 2 and up and include most of the activities around the farm, the things that aren't included such as the train are all fairly priced and very affordable for families with more than once child, we paid $2 per ticket for the train ride and the kids had a blast on it. After playing in the corn box, having a race with rubber ducks, visiting all of the cute animals at the petting zoo and taking a ride on the train the kids wanted to go through the corn maze. The corn maze takes 45-60 minutes to complete and they have a fun scavenger hunt to do while you go through the maze, you are given a paper and a pencil before you go in and asked to search for mail boxes and post signs. The mail boxes contain small pieces of a map that you can connect together to find your way out of the maze, and the post signs have an answer to a question that is on your paper. I do have to admit we did get slightly lost in the maze and turned around quite a few times, the maze was quite large and it was a lot of fun to do with the kids. There were employees all over the farm offering help if you needed it and were all happy to answer any questions you wanted to ask, while in the maze we were approached by a few employees asking if we needed any help which I thought was very sweet and awesome of the farm to offer. After the corn maze the kids were tuckered out and ready to go home, so we stopped by the petting zoo one more time then headed home, it was a very enjoyable day and the kids look forward to returning to Tolmachoff Farms again.

Are you in the Phoenix/Glendale or surrounding areas and want to visit the Tolmachoff Farm? The information for their farm is below or you can visit their webstite to find out more about their farm.

October Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Sunday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
(last ticket sold 1 hour before closing)

We will be open on Columbus Day, 9:00am - 8:00pm
November Hours:
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:00a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

(last ticket sold 1 hour before closing)
Admission to farm:
$9.00 each ages 2 & up (MasterCard/Visa accepted)
Admission includes:
family & mini maze, petting zoo, jumping pillow, spider web, pedal carts, play areas, bounce house (bounce house weekends only)



18 comments:

Cheryl said...

Tolmachoff Farms looks like lots of fun for a family day trip.

Unknown said...

This looks like a lot of fun and it isn't too far from where I live (about 30-45 min drive) I will have to look into this I think my kids would enjoy it.

Unknown said...

it;s a great place

Unknown said...

The corn box and the maze sound like a lot of fun. I don't live too far from this so I will check it out with my kids.

Anonymous said...

Going for the maze is probably what I would love to do

Raine Dawson said...

I'd love the Haunted Maze. This brings back so many wonderful memories, we went to a pumpkin farm every year when I was little, it was called Cackleberry Farms. Since I was a kid it was like a big spooky Disney (I loved all things spooky). Sadly it closed and there were never any farms like it to take my kids to, just pumpkin patches with hayrides. I'm glad you had fun, it seems like a really great place.

zukaakazux said...

sounds like you had lot of fun, nice

Huguette En said...

The train sounds like fun!

Jenny Gunnoe said...

I would like to do the maze... I've never done that before!

Natalie B. said...

I'm not in your area but, wow, this looks like quite a bit of fun! I really like how many activities they have too. So fun. :)

Cristina said...

I'd love the Haunted Maze.

Cheryl said...

I would enjoy the petting zoo.

Unknown said...

That looks like everyone had a great time--what a neat place!

Wanda B said...

I would most want to visit all the cute and cuddly animals.

Mer said...

I love corn mazes, and the set up for this one sounds very unique!

Robin Wilson said...

When my son was young we did the same type of thing every year. At least a corn maze and hay ride. That farm looks like a lot of fun! Happy Halloween!

Zoey said...

I would want to do the scavenger hunt in the corn maze.

Unknown said...

I'd want to do everything, but my first thing to do would be the petting zoo!