Thursday, November 17, 2022

World of Illumination Candy Rush Review!

One of the things I remember most about the holidays growing up was going with my grandma to see Christmas lights that everyone put up. Now that I am older & have my own kids, we enjoy taking them out during the holidays to see lights too. The only difference? It doesn't seem like nearly as many people put up decorations like they used to, so we normally look for neighborhoods that decorate together, & fun events like the World of Illumination offer you a chance to see hundreds of lights while listening to Christmas music. 

We are lucky enough to actually have three different locations here in Arizona that each offer their own theme, however today I am only sharing the "Candy Rush" location in Tempe with you. It is located at the Tempe Diablo Stadium 2200 W Alameda Dr. Tempe,AZ 85282. They officially opened last night for the season & will be open until January 1st,2023.

You will only need one ticket per carload, it is $39.99 for a ticket. You can get 20% off if you visit Mon-Thurs, tickets are purchased online only and can be purchased on their website by clicking here. There is no limit to the number of people that can be in the car, for example if you have a large van that can hold eight or nine people there is no extra cost vs a car that only has five people. However there is a size limit on the vehicles that can go in due to the size of the course, there are no limos, rvs or buses allowed.

We were able to visit last night for opening night & had a fantastic time with the kids. We enjoyed the songs they had playing on the station they allow you to tune into & enjoyed the synced light show that went along with it. There were a lot of really neat light tunnels to drive through, adorable characters to see & more. Since they ask you to stick to a speed limit of 2-5 miles per hour it was a slow & enjoyable ride, so we let the kids pop out of the windows to look at the lights which they were thrilled about. 

The drive was peaceful & exciting at the same time, we really enjoyed how they had everything set up. It was easy to guide yourself through the course & we were lucky enough to arrive at a time with only a handful of other vehicles so we were able to get some good clips, CLICK HERE to watch the instagram reel I put together with clips from the show.

Is this something you think you would enjoy visiting? What is your favorite Christmas song?

Disclaimer- World of Illumination provided me with a ticket to the event mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

30 comments:

Chad said...

omg the place is stunning wow!!! I love going to places like these with my kids, so much fun...

Beth said...

That is the coolest! I love looking at Christmas lights during the holidays, and they really did it big time there.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures the best! So pretty! Very detailed and solidly written post too!

-Whitney Stewart

Cinny said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! My family would love to check it out.

alita said...

What a fantastic time you had in this place. We also have a lot of beautiful illumination displays like this. I love the beauty holidays bring every year.

mail4rosey said...

I am loving all of this Christmas content. It's nice that I'm not the only one starting early. Seems people are getting more and more comfortable with an early start and I for one am glad. :)

SmartShopperGuide said...

This place looks so fun! I love this time of year so much, and this is one of the reasons.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

What a fabulous and festive looking place World of Illumination is! I would love to visit it with my family

Yaya said...

That is a great illumantion. My family lives in the area so I will recommend it to them in case they don't already know.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hhhhmmm...I think I would love visiting here! Who wouldn't love anything themed Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks so beautiful! I love seeing Christmas lights displays 😍 Yesterday we went to Kew Gardens, London to see the lights displays, loved it ❤️. I would love to visit this place as well!

Everything Enchanting :)

jerseygirl137 said...

I love going to look at the Christmas lights. This is beautiful.

Christina Ferguson said...

How absolutely beautiful. We have something similar here on Vancouver Island. If you are everon the west coast of Canada during the holidays you will have to check it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdbaXCchV0U

Sandra D. said...

Love looking at Christmas lights this looks so amazing.

Gina Ferrell said...

This looks like a great place to visit. I love visiting these kinds of places during this time of year and seeing all the pretty lights and decorations.

Edye Nicole said...

I love holiday lights!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

amalateesside said...

I love lights like these, there is something about neon lights at Christmas. I love the tunnel and the candy canes are super cute! Perfect festive outing it seems.

Anonymous said...

We did something similar to this last week in Lancaster, PA. The kids absolutely looooved it!!

Motions and Emotions said...

It is the best time of the year and what a perfect timing I came across this post. The place looks fabulous with all the lights.

Lyosha said...

sounds like so much fun to attend and to do. I am sure kids loved it most. A big baby such as me would have been head over heels. I am actually now partly only after reading you blog

Fransic Verso said...

Waa, this looks so cool, and the lights. I want to see this place for a little far to see them. I would love to visit this for the holiday!

Justin said...

World of Illumination looks like an amazing place to visit. I will be in Arizona in a few weeks, so I will have to look up the locations and plan a visit.

Polly said...

I'm sure you had a great time visiting this area. I would as well! The display at World of Illumination is incredible, and you can feel that Christmas is approaching fast! 

Khushboo said...

I love the vibes there so festive and fun. Would love to visit here.

Lady In Read said...

Your post reminded me that it is time for me to look for any such new places and events to visit in our area this year. I try to find something we haven't seen before each time and also to ensure that we all love it ..
Love the candy canes :)

Blair Villanueva said...

If I am only just near this place, I will definitely not going to miss visiting and snapping lots of pictures for my blog and socials. Let's appreciate the people behind the beautification of this place! They deserve Christmas bonuses.

Anonymous said...

We did something similar to this last week in Lancaster, PA. The kids absolutely looooved it!! *Sarah

Heather Swanson said...

I would love to go

Maryann D. said...

I would be so happy to see this, just lovely!
twinkle at optonline dot net

Antoinette M said...

This looks amazing! I love looking at Christmas lights. My favorite song is Jingle Bells!