Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Paint your own ceramic pottery kit - Review!


Made by me! is one of the brands that Horizon Group USA creates & sells that offer hands on craft kits for kids that suit a wide range of ages. One of the kits we were recently sent to review is the Paint Your Own Ceramic Pottery which can be purchased on amazon for $16.97 and some stores such as Walmart & Target sell their products as well. This kit is recommended for ages 6-9, slightly older kids may enjoy it as well, even adults can use this kit to paint the ceramics. Painting is a low stress craft activity that can be quite peaceful, then after you are done panting you can either keep the items or gift them.

This painting kit comes with four different items to paint & decorate how you'd like. There is a small bowl, a vase, a flower pot & a dome pot. Sadly, our kit came with a broken vase that wasn't fixable so only three of the products will be shown on this post. It also comes with twelve bright acrylic paints plus a paint brush.  



All of the ceramics are light weight & take the paint quite easily. The kids liked that they didn't need to add several layers of each paint color to get the shade they were wanting to achieve. The kids had fun using different themes to paint the ceramics, the bowl my daughter did a underwater scene on & my son did the other two. The flower pot he did with a sunset theme & it has some glitter as well to give it a shimmer like a real sunset, and the dome he did a turtle shell however you can't quite tell in these photos. 

Which of the ceramics would you want to paint? Do you have a favorite craft or art type you enjoy?

Disclaimer-  Horizon Group USA provided me with the products mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

24 comments:

Beth said...

That is so cute! I would love to do this with the kids as part of an introduction to gardening, as well.

Ella English said...

This looks like such a fun kit. I know my kids will love it because it helps them explore their creativity.

Marci Smith said...

This looks like so much fun! I bet my kids would love it.

Anonymous said...

This looks like such fun. Would be great to have some of the neighborhood kids over and do this! Stephanie

Linda said...

I love pottery just not good enough to do this creative work.But definitely gonna try now.

Samantha Donnelly said...

I do love these kits, my kids used to love these and make lovely little gifts for family as well

Chad said...

This is so so cute!!! I would love to do something similar with my kids, that is really fun.

Yaya said...

This is a really cute activity for the kids to be able to do. This will be fun to do together.

Patricia Chamberlain said...

This looks like such a fun kit! My daughter is six and would absolutely love it. I'll have to grab one for her.

mail4rosey said...

These end up being the best kind of gifts too. I love the pottery things all of my kids have made me over the years.

Clarice said...


This is nice and I think it would make a great gift. Will check this out. A perfect way to express creativity.

Heather Swanson said...

I have tried ceramics & really enjoyed it.

Lavanda Michelle said...

I love crafts and my middle girls would love to do this with me. I can't wait to enjoy it soon. Thanks!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This looks like a great Christmas/Birthday gift as well for kids who love doing arty stuff.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hihi...that's a hard one. I'd love to paint all these ceramics.

Jasmine Martin said...

I am a big fan of making and painting pottery. This looks like it would be such a great activity.

Neely said...

This would be a really fun idea. I be tmy son would love it!

Fransic Verso said...

This looks fun and a nice thing to do. The blue and fish is a good one. I see this good idea to do with my little brother.

Jupiter Hadley said...

This seems like a really great idea! We have gone out to Pottery places before, but it takes so long to get it back after it has been cast.

Angela Ricardo Bethea said...

I'm sure the kids would definitely love this ceramic pottery kit. A great, fun and creative activity to do with the family.

Sandy C. said...

I like so many crafts, crewel embroidery is my favorite. I would love to try this ceramic painting. I know there are places you can go and do it, but I am pretty much homebound these days.

Jennifer D said...

I love that. I’m always trying to get my craft adversed kid to do this stuff with me

Gina Ferrell said...

My daughter would love this! She loves to paint and do art.

Christina Fergusn said...

I love creative art kits. I have as much fun as the kids do. I would like to give this one a try.