Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tiny Epic Dungeons!

 

Who is ready to go on an epic adventure that is compact enough to fit snuggly inside of a pocket or purse? Gamelyn Games has a series of board games in their "Tiny Epic" collection that are complex, have quite a few game pieces & are exciting to play yet still manage to fit inside of small 5 x 7 (or smaller) game box. If you've been here before you will see that I recently did a review for Tiny Epic Pirates and also wrote about Tiny Epic Galaxies Blast Off, now I am going to tell you about Tiny Epic Dungeons. 

This game 100% has a dungeons and dragons action adventure feel to it where you'll participate in dungeon exploring, fighting monsters, collecting loot and having a few laughs or even a cry along the way.  As mentioned, the game boxes aren't that big, they stand at maybe two inches tall, so I was surprised that cards, dice, mini monster figures, game pieces & actual hero figures were all included in this one small box. The hero pieces are slightly bigger than a dice, yet they are still extremely detailed, you can see their weapons, facial expressions, etc. If you are someone who enjoys painting mini figures, you can paint these to match their player card.

When it comes to the complexity of the game, Tiny Epic Dungeons & its expansion pack Tiny Epic Dungeon Stories has a lot more to learn & do than the other two games we received from Gamelyn. There is quite a bit to read & understand when it comes to moving around and completing this game, there are twenty pages in the rule book. I would either read through the whole book before playing, or scan the QR code on the front of the Adventurers' Manual to watch a video, see rule clarifications and more to help you understand how this game is played. Once you have an understanding of the rules, the games will progress easier & faster. 

They have the game set up to where you will explore a unknown dungeon while fighting monsters, disarming any traps you may come across and collecting loot as you work towards your goal of defeating the game. Be careful which hallway you take, it could lead to a dead end! Before each game you will shuffle the dungeon deck, this makes it to where each game will be unique since you will never know which card will be next or which way a hero will choose to roam. It is always a huge bonus when games are set up like this because you get a new game each time which means you'll get more out of this board game over the course of time you own it. 

I like the assortment of dungeon monsters they have to battle & the different types of loot you are able to collect. Setting everything up goes quickly & is pretty easy, each game will take 45-60 minutes to complete and can be completed by 1-4 players. Family game wise I would stick to the recommended age of 14+ simply because of how much there is to do & remember along with trying to figure out the rules it may be a little difficult for young kids. However, the Tiny Epic Galaxies Blast off & Tiny Epic Pirates can be played by younger board game fans if you want to check out the reviews for those I linked at the start of this review. 

I also enjoy that we get a full-sized game out of each small box & it that they can easily be carried with us on trips. They also take up very little space on our game shelf allowing us to store more. The expansion pack for this game shown above comes with additional monsters, levels, heroes, etc so you can get more out of the base pack. Along with the games shown above they have a ton of other Tiny Epic games that sound fun to play such as tiny dinosaurs and tiny zombies. These games would make great holiday gifts for the board gamer in your life! Head over to their website to check out what they have to offer. 

Disclaimer- Gamelyn Games provided the products above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

20 comments:

Samantha Donnelly said...

This sounds like a great game, and something the family can do together over Christmas and on wet Sunday afternoons

Beth said...

This looks like a fun game. I need to see what else they have to offer.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I’d love to use them to introduce my kids to fantasy RP - Marci Smith

Laura said...

I enjoy games like this that are a little involved and you have to pay attention to. They are also good for the kids - keeps everyone focused.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This looks like a fun game for all. I know my son would really enjoy playing it.

Proseccobefore7 said...

Family game nights were a must when I was younger and I have very fond memories of those times. I am hoping to deliver that experience to my little one and we already have a nice collection. This game will be definitely added in the future. It looks like so much fun!

beautyqueenuk said...

Definitely something I can imagine my nephew asking for in a few years time, he is, I think a little too young for it just now, but he loves his fantasy games.

Patricia Chamberlain said...

We love board games in my house. I think it is so cool that this company makes them tiny and portable! This would be great to take with us when we travel.

alita said...

I'm so ready to go on an epic adventure. Board games in the holidays are always fun. Im glad I discovered this.

brianne said...

This is such a great game to play. My family always enjoys card games at home.

Chad said...

I love board games, they're so much and a good opportunity for the entire family to bond.

Tammy said...

Ahh this looks like so much fun! My brother and I would have loved this when we were younger. Such a fun gift idea.

Neely said...

sounds like a fun game! Will have to check it out!

Kristy Bullard said...

Looks like such a fun game! It would be the perfect gift for game lovers.

StarTraci said...

This looks like a very fun game. My nephew would especially love the figures. He enjoys storylines like this.

Fransic Verso said...

This is cool, love to have figures, and sometimes I keep them on my desk when I'm working haha. I would definitely love to get this one. Thank you for sharing!

Marky Ramone Go said...

Looks like a fun game to play with kids in the family.

Marysa said...

What cute mini figurines! This looks like a fun game and a great way to get kids using thinking skills, not on electronics.

Jupiter Hadley said...

I really love the look of these mini-figures! They'd be so fun to paint.

Khushboo said...

Looks like a cool game. I like the mini figures