Monday, November 14, 2022

STMT DIY Custom Candle Making Kit Review

 

When it comes to craft & activity kits Horizon Group USA has become a household name for us, they have a number of brands which include Made by Me!, Simple Trendy Modern Touch, The Young Scientist Club & more that each have their own assortment of fantastic products. The best part of all of their kits is that they are all affordable & fun. As part of their influencer program I get a box once a quarter with some fun kits to try out & review. You can see some of the past products I've featured by clicking on this link. We recently received the STMT DIY custom candle making kit which can be purchased for $16.99 on amazon & can also be found at a number of stores such as Walmart that sell their brands. 

This candle making kit comes with everything you need to make two candles. You will receive three scents, two color dyes, stir sticks, scent recipe cards, two wicks, a pen and some decorating products to adorn your candle tin with. The stickers you don't use can be saved & used for other projects, you may also have some left over wax, scent liquids & dyes so as long as you pick up an extra wick or two you'll be able to make an additional candle.

Older children will be able to do this kit on their own with minimal supervision, however younger children will need help melting & pouring the hot wax into the tins. You will need a microwave safe bowl to melt the wax. You can make one candle at a time & mix the scents and color in the bowl before pouring into the tins or you can mix it around after you pour the wax into the tins. 

My kids really enjoyed using this kit, and were both quite happy with how their candles look & smell after it finished hardening. We enjoy this kit because after we make them we can either keep them for use around the house or we can add them to gift bags for the holidays/birthdays, who doesn't love a useful handmade gift? 

What is your favorite scent when it comes to purchasing or receiving candles?

Disclaimer-  Horizon Group USA provided me with the products mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

24 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is a fun idea! My boys would enjoy it as they like doing crafts. It could make great gifts to give to family, too.

Paula Richie said...

I'm sure it is nice when you find a candle making kit that comes with everything you need to make the candles. And scents are included too!

Samantha Donnelly said...

I love making candles and have had a few kits before. They are great if you are a candle fan or to make as gifts

alita said...

This kit looks fun. I haven't tried any candle-making in years. It would be great to start again.

Chad said...

I can't believe you made these amazing candles, wow!!! I would love to learn how to do that...

Bryan Carey said...

You know, I don't think I have ever made candles! It's a fun activity that the entire family can enjoy, but I haven't tried it. That needs to change.

Ckrusch said...

Love how easy it looks and such an amazing project! Great gift giving idea too!

Tammy said...

I love crafty kits like this...looks like a lot of fun. I made candles once with beeswax paper and that was such a fun class.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of this kit! I have never thought about candle making before, but I would love to try.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

What a lovely gift especially for those into candle making. So glad you and your kids enjoyed the experience

仙妮 said...

Ohh wowo ...I can't imagine myself making own candle, thanks for sharing this lovely DIY idea, gonna try myself too. Cheers Siennylovesdrawing

Kat said...

This candle making kit is an awesome idea for anybody! A perfect holiday gift also that will provide a memorable experience.

mail4rosey said...

This is just the kind of thing I've been looking for, for my daughter. She is a candle nut.

Shilpa Bindlish said...

I have been thinking of making aroma candles since long and was wondering if that's an easy process to execute at home. Looks like you paved my way.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hhhmmm...I don't have a favourite scent when it comes to candles. I should find the ones I like, actually.

Nyxie said...

I love supporting small, local candle businesses! There's always something quirky about the candles people make over here - usually to do with bonfires and buckfast.

Khushboo said...

This kit looks really good. I love candles and I would love to try making them.

StarTraci said...

This looks like such a wonderful gift for my 15yo. She loves both candles and crafts. We love seaside scents and vanilla scents.

Clarice said...

I have never tried making my own candles so, this sounds really exciting. Would love to try this with the kids. Happy to know there are kits available now in the market.

Anonymous said...

I love this! Crafting has always relaxed me, so I may have to try my hand at this sometime!

Jennifer Prince said...

Ooh! I love that this has everything you need. I've made candles before, but not with colors and all the extras. So fun!

Fransic Verso said...

I've never made a candle before but it looks fun DIY and to do them as we want. Thank you for sharing!

Angela Ricardo Bethea said...

I've never tried a candle making kit before but that sounds like fun and would love to give this a try.

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing. I never knew these could be made by hands this easily. I'll try these out.