Sunday, January 19, 2020

Headbands of Hope - beautiful headbands that give back.

My hair is a mixture between wavy and curly, some days I look a bit like Hermione Granger in the first two films. I don't always like adding a bunch of product to my hair, because even though it helps with the frizz it can sometimes make it look oily, so I enjoy wearing headbands to help keep my hair in place a bit. I recently came across a wonderful company called Headbands of Hope. Not only do they make an assortment of fantastic headbands and hair accessories but for every purchase made they will donate a headband to children with illnesses going through chemo, hospital visits, etc.

They have several different headbands that I like so I went back and forth a little trying to decide which to get, I gave the PR agent I was working with a list of my top three and asked them to surprise me. So in the ended I ended up with a darling chain headband and a "mommy and me" headband set.



The Mommy + Me headband set is in the Grey Floral Knotted headband. This is not a pre-knotted headband, it will arrive flat and you will be able to tie and adjust the headband yourself, which I enjoy because not everyone has the same size head. The material of this headband is really nice, it stretches without any issues and it is soft/flexible enough that is is extremely comfortable to wear. I have an issue with some headbands where I have to adjust it constantly, but I didn't have an issue with it. My eleven year old daughter doesn't usually like wearing headbands, but this one she willing wears on her own without me having to ask if she'd like to wear a headband when we go out. I personally would love to buy this headband in other patterns as well. Got your headband dirty? No problem they can easily be washed. You can buy a set for $16.85.



The second headband I received is the Silver Floral Choker Headband, that features a row of metal flowers connected to a suede tie back. Normally this headband cost $15.85 but is currently on sale for $7.93 (along with several other headbands on sale).

When I wear this headband it kind of reminds me of a Hippie look, it is really cute and I like how it sits on my head. I don't use this one to help keep my hair out of my face or hold my hair in place, instead it is just used to add an accessory to my hair. Along with their other headband, I don't find that I have to really adjust it at all after putting it in. The chain is light weight, the only issue I had with this headband was trying to tie it since I wanted it to just sit over my head it caught my hair a little, but next time I will tie it first and then set it on my head afterwards to achieve the desired look.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Headbands Of Hope for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

18 comments:

Gebby said...

Those headbands look great! And I definitely love buying from selllers who help other.

Joanna said...

The silver headband is so different, I like it very much. It is definitely great to wear in spring, to celebrate the rebirth of nature.

Unapologeticallymeblog said...

These headbands are adorable! Always happy to help those who give back.

Mybeautifulcrazyworld said...

I love it!!! And giving back is always amazing!! Keep up the good work!!

Cherry said...

I really like the second one: the Silver Floral Choker Headband. It's beautiful, more Boho style I think and something I'd go for ;)

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I love headbands. These look so cute. I also love they give back. Thank you for sharing!

Fransic Verso said...

Nice headbands, I sometimes wear cap to hold my hair down because its lot. Thank you for sharing it.

Lorita said...

it looks really good on you! It's almost have a vintage feel to it

Sadiq Saleem said...

I really love it!!! And the return is always incredible! Keep doing the great work!

Ashli Ferguson said...

The floral one is such a cute headband and I would wear it all the time LOL

Marjie Mare said...

They are really pretty. I love hair accessories.

Rhea Mendezona said...

Love the mommy and me one! I would definitely wear that with my daughter ♥️

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

You look amazing with that headband. Cool article too

Dominique B. said...

I like that floral choker headband a lot! I don't think it would work as well on my natural hair but it really looks great on you!

aisasami said...

You look really amazing with that headband. I would love to buy one too!

Trijit said...

My girl friend has the same silver headband and it is really beautiful.

brandi said...

These headbands are super cute! They would make great gifts.

Ch. Nikhila said...

You look beautiful wearing that headband on.