Monday, January 20, 2020

CompletEats has a cookie to fit your Gluten-free & Vegan needs!


Looking around for a gluten-free, plant-based treat? CompletEats offer four different flavors of cookies that are each gluten-free, plant-based and vegan! The four flavors they offer are Banana Bread, Mocha Chip, Cherry Almond and Chocolate Chia. They had a holiday flavor as well which was peppermint cacao chip, I was recently sent some of the peppermint and Banana bread to try out. I was asked to incorporate the cookies into a recipe if I could, so I want to not that I am not vegan so neither of these recipes are vegan however there are alternatives out there that are vegan and can be used instead. Their cookies are made with delicious and wholesome ingredients like cherries, chia seeds, almonds, coffee and more!


I decided to use the Peppermint Cacao Chip as a crust base for some mini cheesecakes, you can make a while cheesecake or you can make mini cheesecakes. I used a food processor to turn the cookies into crumbs and I was surprised how well they blended up, which could be due to how moist and fluffy the cookies are. Much like using graham crackers you'll add a bit of melted butter to the mixture so it form fits to the pan, however you will want to avoid doing what I did. What was that? My brain thought it would need the same time that graham cracker crust does to bake, but I was wrong and the cups got a little burned around the top so I suggest setting the timer for about five minutes less than what you normally would. Due to them not looking the best I am going to skip the photo for this one, but they turned out pretty good. I like the little addition of peppermint, it gave it a nice kick.


The Banana Bread I decided to make ice cream sandwiches with because I love ice cream sandwiches. To make them quick and easy to make I used pre-made store bought ice cream, after I brought the container home I cut the container open so I could take the ice cream out. Once the ice cream has been removed you can cut it into slices and use a cup to create perfect little circles to add in between two cookies. We have a decent selection of sprinkles so I put some on a plate and rolled the ice cream sandwich in it to add a little flair to them. These cookies do not need to be added to a dessert, they are great on their own! It is just fun to mix it up and spice up your desserts from time to time.


At the moment CompletEats sells a sample pack which comes with one cookie of each flavor, a six pack that comes with a random variety or you can buy a twelve pack of a single flavor. The cookies had a lot of flavor and they were pretty thick so they were filling. Their product packaging was nice and it was easy to open, Also how cute is their logo? I love that the "C" is a little moon.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by CompletEats for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

15 comments:

Marta Rivera said...

These look too good! I wouldn't even know they weren't regular cookies!

Forever My Little Moon said...

I do love cookies! Will have to try these!

Cyndi Buchanan said...

These look so yummy! I love that they are healthy.

Shayla said...

Those look good. I love how gluten free deserts seem to be more moist and have more flavor.

Jasmine said...

i wanna see if I can find these!

Beauty and the Bump said...

I love these. They make a great snack while on the go. My favorite was the banana and the mocha.

Parent On Board said...

Looks good. Never heard of CompleteEats before but I love any way that a dessert is turned into something healthy. Yum!

Unknown said...

This looks really good! Thanks for sharing

Tamara said...

Thanks- Hard to find yummy healthy treats. Where can I purchase?

Marysa said...

Thats great that there are so many options out there, to fit every dietary need.

Fatima D Torres said...

I'd love to givethis cookie a try. A friend is alwaysraving about products like this one.

Clarice said...

This is great! Happy to know that we have a delicious cookie that can fit in our diet. I would really love to try this. I also the idea of ice cream sandwiches. Will definitely try that.

Ceci Rey said...

These look fantastic! I like that the one has sprinkles!

Adisha said...

I had no idea we could make this in this way. Interesting!

Momofbksk said...

I’m not vegan, but these cookies look so good! I need to check these out and try them!