Sunday, January 19, 2020

Caturday but on a Sunday!

Today I wanted to introduce you to a new face in the family, little miss Bones (named after Dr. Brennan on Bones) We've had her for just over two months now. The story of Bones:


I was on the fence about wanting another cat, I decided that if we did get another cat that I wanted a black cat (because I love black cats, they are the best) and one that was female so that our big guy would feel less threatened. I joked with my husband that the only way we'd get another cat was if he found one at work and the universe wanted us to have another cat. While I was at work one day I received a call from my husband, after I answered he asked "Were you serious about wanting another cat?", I told him it depended and asked why. My husband works on different construction sites and one of the supervisors he worked with checked the job site in the morning  to get everything ready for the day, left to do some paper work and on his second time around to check on things he found three little kittens in one of the houses along with a bird cage not too far from where the cats were wandering. Neither the cats or the bird cage were there the first time he checked on the site, Someone had dumped them on the job site! They were alone and no mama cat was in sight.

My husband explained this to me and told me there was a small black female kitten, no one at the site was sure what to do with them or how to check them out so I agreed to head over and see them. Before heading out I stopped by the store to pick up some bowls, water, food and blankets because it was chillier than normal on the day they were found. When I arrived, there were three adorable but scared kittens inside of a small cage in the managers office. I took them out to check for ring worm, fleas, ticks, ear mites, wounds, etc and found all three of them to be in excellent health. They were all pretty small though, each weighing less than half a pound and they all fit into one hand, they were smaller than I was expecting them to be before I arrived. They were very hungry and chilly so I feed them and got them bundled up. The manager said he would take a kitten and another worker wanted to take the other home, and I agreed to take the last little kitten.


I bottle feed her for about two and a half weeks with small amounts of dry food until her stomach was ready to fully move onto dry food. She is such a playful and curious cat who has helped our grumpy guss become a little more playful himself. She is doing excellent, picked up on litter training quickly and she is a little snuggle bug. As she has gotten bigger I've noticed she has an odd pattering on her backside, one of these days I will try to snap a good photo of it but she is too energetic to get to sit still often. For those wondering, yes we plan on getting her spayed however we have to wait until she weighs at least 3lbs and she isn't quite there yet.

I'll keep sharing pictures of her and the big guy over on my Instagram page (@Burningmoonprod)

7 comments:

The Super Mom Life said...

What a sweet cat! I'm allergic to them, otherwise, I would love to have one!

kumamonjeng said...

I use to have a cat many years ago and he is so cute and sharing so many similiaties with yours.

Cristina Petrini said...


I don't have a pet and I have a complicated relationship with cats, this does not mean that yours is adorable!

Adi said...

Caturday is a cool word. Glad you got a pet and are taking such good care.

Catherine said...

How sweet! It's always so much fun to welcome a new furry friend to the family...best of luck with Ms. Bones!

Kara said...

I so miss Bones on the TV - she looks adorable

ESHR PRKR said...

Bones looks like the charcoal version to those orange Siamese cats. They are REALLY smart and make excellent communicators. You and the Grumpy Guss are lucky lol All the best <3