Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Treat yourself to a spa day at Vitahydr8 in Mesa,AZ.



When was the last time you treated yourself to some kind of spa or pampering treatment? Treating yourself to a spa treatment doesn't have to be a monthly thing, but when you do head out to the spa it is nice to know you are going to a spot that is relaxing and knows what they are doing. I go to the spa about once a year, usually to get a massage as I carry a lot of stress in my neck/shoulder area which gets pretty tense. I recently had a wonderful chance to speak with the owner of a Beauty & Wellness spa called Vitahydr8. The spa came about after the owner found out she had ovarian cancer, and wanted to share a chance for others in the same position to enjoy some beauty & relaxation. She has a wonderful video on her Instagram page, which can be found Here, that gives you more information on her and the spa, it is worth a watch!


One of the main attractions of Vitahydr8 is their vitamin therapy which infuses much needed vitamins right into your blood stream over the course of an hour, which helps your body as a whole, you'll leave feeling revitalized. They also offer massages, facials, dermaplaning, laser hair removal and more plus starting November 1st they will also have a salon where you can get hair services. My husband and I had the chance to stop by and visit Vitahydr8 on Sunday with my husband to try out their services and see their newly opened location inside of the Sheraton Mesa Hotel at Wrigleyville West. Our Anniversary is tomorrow so we went in for a couples massage and I had a facial as well.


The spa itself was easy to find and if you need directions the hotel staff are extremely friendly, upon entering Vitahydr8 you feel welcomed and ready to relax. They have a beautiful waiting area where you can sit while you fill out any needed paperwork, or wait if you arrived too early. The waiting area overs a comfortable sofa, chairs and tables to keep you comfortable, they also let you know you are free to help yourself to a snack or drink and you are able to change the TV channel if you wish. My facial was an hour long, and was scheduled before our massage so my husband was happy they had this waiting area where he could listen to a bit of TV and read the book he brought with him. The office is pretty quiet, we went early in the morning and aside from the staff there wasn't a ton of traffic in the office which was nice.


I've only had one facial before which helped hydrate my skin so I was looking forward to getting another and seeing how it helps my skin. With the weather changes and me being naughty (not drinking about water), I had a few tiny dry patches on my forehead that were bugging me. The room they do the facials in is cozy and it helps create a relaxing environment. The staff member doing my facial was super sweet and she explained what each product was before she started using it, we chatted a bit during it and she was quite friendly and lovely to talk with. Part of the facial includes a mini message where your face will be massaged with the skincare products, and during the point where you are waiting for the enzyme mask to remove any dead skin, your forearms/hands and neck will also be massaged a bit, adding to the relaxation levels.

 During the facial they cover your eyes with a little shield and use a bright light to exam your skin for a skin assessment, which is when they will let you know if they see anything that needs improvement and offer you suggestions for improvement. I was a bit worried as I get a lot of teeny tiny black heads on my nose, I was surprised and happy to find out that my nose actually isn't as bad as I thought, overall she said she saw a little bit of dehydration across my forehead otherwise my skin looks pretty good. My skin feels so much better and my forehead looks significantly better as well because I no longer have little dry spots and everything healed up nicely. I am also making sure I remember to drink enough water to prevent it from happening again.  Here is a photo of my face once my facial was completed.


Once I was finished with my facial, I grabbed my husband from the waiting room and we were directed into a secondary room where the couples massage would take place. This room was also quite comfortable, it had low lighting and light music to help calm the body and mind. Before your massage begins, the staff member performing your massage will ask you if you've been having any problems, where you'd like to concentrate and if there are any areas you'd like them to avoid. I personally don't like being in just underwear during a massage, plus I usually only go to have my back/shoulders massaged so I always bring a pair of yoga pants to wear while I get my massage. You are completely free to dress to your comfort level, and can be completely open with them about issues such as not wanting your feet, legs, etc to be touched.

My husband has never had a professional massage before so he was little apprehensive about going, but I was able to get him to go with me because I thought it was something he would enjoy. He followed my example and wore basketball shorts so he'd be more comfortable. The massage lasts for an hour, but that hour always goes by way faster than you expect. He seemed to enjoy his experience and he felt a lot better after the hour was over since he didn't feel so tense or tight in his shoulder/neck area. I had a big knot in my right shoulder that is thankfully no longer there, so my shoulders feel so much better than before I went. After the massage was completed the staff meet us in the hallway with some bottled water and walked us out wishing us a good rest of our day. As a note it is always good to make sure you drink plenty of water after a massage.

I really enjoy their facility and think they picked a fantastic location for their spa. All of the rooms are well put together with your comfort and relaxing in mind. The prices aren't bad either, they are on par with a few other similar facilities I've checked out and been to in the past. When it comes to the location and services I'd say this is one of my top two spa facilities I've visited. I highly suggest checking them out for yourself! Their website has a list of all the services they offer, prices, and detailed information if you want to know more about each treatment.

What is your favorite kind of spa treatment to get? If you've never been to any type of a spa, what type of pampering would you like to get done?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Vitahydr8 for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

27 comments:

Cat Mariano said...

I love a spa day! Sounds like yours was great, it’s a cool thing to experience it with your loved one.

Cyndi Buchanan said...

This sounds fantastic! I need a spa day soon!

My Vegetarian Roots said...

oh man, I could use this a the moment. In desperate need of some relaxing spa time! thank you for sharing!

Patty said...

Man I could really use a spa day! This place looks amazing!

Bex said...

Ahhh, your spa day sounds so relaxing! I could really use a massage right about now!

Lifeofkaren said...

Wish I can get one right now :(

Crickette, The Things I Have to Say said...

I love going to spa and getting pampered. I don't do often get a facial, but when I get to go, it's something I truly enjoy. I like it when they steam your face and it feel so clean after the procedure.

As for massages... I am a dentist, so I have chronic backaches and neckaches. My boyfriend and I love getting massages together.

aisasami said...

I loooooooooooove spa days! I never heard of a vitamin therapy at a spa. That seems really interesting. I wonder if there is vitamin therapy here in Japan.

Catherine Santiago Jose said...

I've heard a lot about vitamin therapy at spa but never tried of it but that place was really good and looks very relaxing.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

sounds like a great day! nothing recharges me better than some spa, always excited for it. I am so glad you liked it!

Unknown said...

I love a good spa day! They are my favorites when I'm feeling run down!

Rikki Ridgeway said...

What a gorgeous place to have a spa day. It's so nice to treat yourself with things like this every once in a while. Self-care, especially in Motherhood, is vital to keeping a great mental health system.

Zandra Castillo, M.B.A said...

I love having a nice spa day. I also love skincare and wellness products . I usually purchase this and have my own spa day at home.

Polly said...

Hi Luna, you look amazing on that selfie! Spa day is the best! I always look forward to it - I usually schedule mine every 2 weeks on weekends! I haven't tried vitamin therapy but it seems good to be added to my next visit!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Your face looks glowing, I am sure the spa day made you feel relaxed and revitalised

Shayla Marie said...

I haven't had a day spa treatment since I had kids, so it's been over 15 years! I could sure go for one about now.

cat uy said...

i need some vitamin s. the spa looks so comfy and relaxing.it reflects on your glowing face :)

Sushmita said...

Spa days are the best! I am completely waiting for thanksgiving to be over and then treat myself with some great spa! This looks like a great option! :)

AMY said...

I am looking for a tips like this. This is so great and so helpful resources. I am surely be guided by this. Thanks for sharing your bright idea!

Blair Villanueva said...

I am a huge fan of day spa, and if I can sleep in the spa, I will do it. We all deserve relaxation.

Christopher Mitchell said...

Oh, I am so game for a spa day any day of the week, haha! This looks like a great spot!

Anonymous said...

A spa days sounds wonderful!

Amelia Pollock said...

It`s been now a long time since I had a spa. Surely, I need a spa day soon! Your post worked as a reminder to me. Thank you.

Tina Basu said...

I had a hectic weekend and I so need a spa day, all alone! This one looks cosy and pretty.

Unknown said...

This looks so relaxing! I have never had a spa day :/ I really need to find time in my schedule for one.

Beauty and the Bump said...

That sounds great! I was just saying I need a spa day. I'm heading to Scottsdale next week and may book a prenatal massage.

Nita Okoye said...

I totally need a Spa day! I would love to visit them.