Monday, October 28, 2019

Four great books from Candlewick press for toddlers!


It is never too early to start reading to your child, they absorb a lot even before they begin speaking and reading. Candlewick Press recently sent me four great books to check out that are perfect for reading to your infant/toddler or with them as they begin to read. Two of them are perfect for when they are learning new sight words and the alphabet, and the other two are just fun to read with them.



100 First Words By Edward Underwood (Retail $9.99)

This book has an assortment of easy to learn words, most are words used on an everyday basis such as spoon, fork, bowl, etc however they also include items found on farms, at the store and more. To help make the book more entertaining and help keep your toddlers attention you'll find several fun flaps to explore within the book. The thick board pages are sure to withstand your toddler putting it through quite a bit.



Alphabet Street By Johnathan Emmett (Retail $17.99)

Candlewick Press offers a ton of neat books that offer unique ways of reading and I think this is one of the coolest books I've reviewed with them. The Alphabet Street book helps your child learn their alphabet while seeming almost like a game. The book not only has interactive flaps through out the book, but it also unfolds like an accordion with illustrations and information on both sides of the pages. Instead of each page having a single letter and an image or two of words that go with that letter, the book is set up so that each page has an entire scene with multiple words to go with each letter.  Each page is full of color and creativity, I wish I had this book for my kids when they were younger and first practicing their alphabet.


Guess How Much I Love You By Sam McBratney (Retail $24.99)

This book is a classic and it is celebrating it's 25th Anniversary with a gift set that includes a hard covered copy of the book, a thick case and a beautiful print of the cover art that can be framed and hung up. I enjoy reading this adorable book and reading about how much the baby and mama rabbit love each other as it reminds me of my own mother and of my children as well. We enjoy playing a similar game with our children, one of us will ask "Guess How Much I Love You?" and then after that person asks how much we will give them an answer such as "I love you a billon times every grain of sand in the world". This book is a great addition to any collection.



The Little Snowplow Wishes For Snow By Lora Koehler (Retail $16.99)

This story follows along with a cute little snowplow who loves plowing snow. It can't snow all of the time so during the spring and the summer when there is no snow he keeps busy happily helping out the other work equipment around town as he enjoys being helpful. Although he enjoys helping out everyone he really wishes it would snow, because he loves when it snows. The weather starts to chill but there still isn't snow, so instead the little snowplow concentrates on having a good time with his friends for his birthday. It finally snows on his birthday! So he rushes off to go plow the snow and then head back to enjoy his party. We all thought this book was cute, and enjoying to read.

Along with these four wonderful books, Candlewick Press also offers dozens of great books for kids of all ages.

♡ Which of the four books do you like the best? Do you recall any books that were a favorite of yours when you were a child?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Candlewick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

19 comments:

Searcy said...

We have guess how much I Love You but I need to look at the other books. Loving reading to my son.

My Vegetarian Roots said...

all of them are so cute, specially the Alphabet street one!! thank you for sharing!

Renee said...

These are so cute! We have a couple of these. Great collection

Nina @ Pramisbastelwelt said...

Thank you for sharing. My daughter loves books and "Guess how much I Love You" is one of our favorites!

One and Half backpacks said...

Thank you for sharing, I have never ever heard about it

Adi said...

Guess how much I love you is a forever classic for any age!

Vasundhra Gupta said...

Love how visually stimulating and interactive children's books have become over the years! These look adorable :)

play2winapps said...

those books look cool and a must have to read to your children

Marjie Mare said...

These are awesome selections. Thanks for sharing, my niece birthday is on Sunday, will try to find them for her.

Oscar said...

My kids really like "Guess how much I love you" -- I'll have to check out the other ones, they seem great although one may be too easy for them now. Thanks for compiling the list.

WanderlustBeautyDreams said...

These look so lovely for kids. I will have to gift this to my friends who have kids.

TinySodaMama said...

Those books look adorable! My kids are a little past this age category, but they would be perfect for my niece/nephew!

thequeenmomma said...

By the look of it, I can say this is a wonderful read for kids. I'm thinking of getting this right now on Amazon.

Joanna said...

These are such cute books, perfect for children to start learning words but also to listen their parents reading to them at night.

Sarah M said...

These are lovely books. Children would easily learn from it.

Amelia Pollock said...

These are amazing books. I will definitely recommend these to my sister for my niece.

Mila R said...

Finally something really nice and lovely!!! THanks!
Lately I see really bad books for kids.

Adventures with Shelby said...

These would make great gifts!

Sanjota Purohit said...

Oh, these books really great for kids.