Thursday, October 31, 2019

Fun in the art room at the CMOP!

My kids love doing arts and crafts projects so it is no big surprise that every time we visit the Children's Museum of Phoenix that they want to visit the art room. The art room is located on  the third floor of the building near the staircase on the south side of the building.



When you enter the room the first thing you tend to notice is all of the gallons of paint, and how many supplies the room is stuffed with. You may also notice that there is a giant robot in the middle of the room covered in paint. This room offers several different activities! You'll find several tables spread through out the room, there are generally at least two projects set up to complete and the projects change from time to time so you aren't always making the same thing when you visit.


Why is there a big robot covered in paint in the middle of the room? Your child is able to grab an apron and go wild painting the inside and outside of the robot using buckets of paint the staff supply. If your child doesn't feel like painting you can sit down at one of the tables to do a craft. You'll find a sign in the middle of the table that explains the craft and gives an example of what you'll be making. Everything you need to complete the project is either on the table or located in the room and the staff are pretty good at keeping everything cleaned up and organized through out the day, so you aren't walking into a giant mess when you visit the room. The staff are also more than happy to answer any questions you may have, or will assist you with any issues.


I like that the kids are free to explore and use their imaginations to create a master piece, several of the crafts such as the "Thing-a-ma-jigs" don't have a distinct end look, instead every single piece is as unique as the child who creates it. For projects like this they have a shelf with about a dozen plastic bins filled with odds and ends that have been donated to the museum, your kids get to "shop" for what they'd like to use for their project. My kids love looking through the bins to see what is new.


There are also a ton of books in this room that you can read if you want something to do with your child aside from just crafting. When you stop by the museum I highly suggest stopping by to check out the art room! The best part is that you get to keep what ever you make.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Children's Museum of Phoenix for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

21 comments:

Shayla said...

My children would love the Children's Museum of Phoenix!! I wish I could take them here. I'll have to look for something similar near us!

Cyndi Buchanan said...

I've heard such good things about this museum. I'll definitely check it out when we visit Phoenix.

Parent On Board said...

That looks like so much fun. If we're ever in Phoenix, I would definitely take my kids there. They would love it.

Lynn Armstrong said...

That's so cool that they let you just paint the robot! I love it when places allow you to truly express yourself through art.

Marysa said...

How fun when you find a great kid-friendly place like this. Sounds like a great place!

Rachel said...

This looks very similar to our children’s museum. I remember the first time i went to one still, and I was 7!

Searcy said...

Oh wow this looks like an awesome room! I wish there was something like this close to us. I will check this out if we’re ever out west.

Traci Edwards said...

Wow your space is so great and organzied!

Unknown said...

This looks like a fun place to visit!

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! We just recently moved away from Phoenix and I'm sad we never made it to the Children's Museum before we left.

Crickette, The Things I Have to Say said...

If I were a kid (and I think til today) I will surely enjoy the arts and crafts section of this place. It looks so fun!

Aliya said...

Wow, my daughter would love something like this. I definitely have to see if they have anything like this is our neighborhood. Thanks for sharing.

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Looks like a fun place to visit.. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

Amber said...

The room is surely stuffed up with lots of paint bottles. Now this is the kind of room that gives artistic vibes. :)

TinySodaMama said...

Love taking the kids to Children's Museums! I'm far from the Phoenix area, but if we are ever vacationing in the area I'll remember this place!

One and Half backpacks said...

Looks like a really fun place, thank you for sharing

Trijit said...

I am waiting eagerly to have some fun in this museum with my cousins. The giant robot is really a attractive thing.

Simon Starchevsky said...

The Children's museum sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. I am thousands of miles away, but always try to find fun places such as this to take my little ones to.

aisasami said...

Wow this is an amazing place to experience art. This Children's Museum is such a fun place for kids!

Amelia Pollock said...

I always enjoyed doing arts and crafts project in my childhood too. Sounds cool place for kids!

Rachel said...

Umm this may be the coolest thing I've ever heard of!