Friday, May 24, 2019

The Crayola Experience is now open in Chandler,AZ!



Guess what Arizona residents? We have a brand new tourist attraction at Chandler Fashion Square. Crayola has just opened the first ever Crayola Experience here in Arizona and it is packed with fun things for you and the kids to do. My family and I went to a media opening day on Wednesday and we all had a blast,  I felt like a child again. It officially opened to the public on Thursday May 23rd,2019 tickets are $14.99 per person which can be bought online or in store, so head out to see the new location for yourself.

Above: Create your own Crayon label


Above: A few of the crayons we labeled.


What do they have to offer? They have a ton to do and it isn't just the kids who can participate and enjoy the activities, adults can participate too. When you first enter the attraction there are two machines with six stations where you can create your own crayon label, first you pick which station you want based off the color of crayon you want then you insert a coin into the machine. (Coins are not included in the price to get in,they have vending machines where you can buy coins with cash. Note: only two areas require these coins). After inserting your coin it will ask you to select a symbol, name your crayon then ask if it is how you want it so it can print. Next it will pop out a naked crayon and a label that you take over to a second station where you will add on the label yourself using the machines they have. I am hoping they change out the colors every few months so those with annual passes can get different colors. They currently have yellow, two shades of green, pink and two shades of purple available to label.

The next area you can use coins to purchase bags of play foam so you can build your own creations using the cutting tools and markers they have available at each table. Each baggie of play foam cost one coin (which I believe equals out to $0.50 each), there is enough in each bag to make one small figure, my daughter bought a bag of purple and turned it into a small teddy bear. There is also an interactive floor in this area where the kids can play games on the projector.





Following the three areas mentioned there is also an area where you can color in a animal or critter then hand it to the attendant to watch it come alive and dance on stage, They had frogs for us to color, it was neat watching them dance. A giant coloring station sits in the middle of the front with dozens of bins filled with crayons and coloring pages, where you can sit and relax while coloring. If you aren't happy with the coloring pages they have at the coloring section you can make your own with YOU as the star! They have two stations where you can snap a photo in front of the camera on the background of your choice then hit print to make a coloring page with your face on it. The create your own coloring page machine was simple to use and it took less than a minute to create a coloring page. The kids each made one together and we did one as a family. The images are black and white, they will make you look slightly cartoonish.

Above: Melted Max Spin Art




They can't fit anymore into this building can they? They sure can! Aside from everything I have already listed there is a station where you can color a picture then scan it to make it come alive on the screen, you have a choice of snapping a photo on one of their backgrounds or take a photo with your creation and email it to yourself,. Above you can see the dragons my son and I drew plus a photo of mine alive on the screen, each image actual moves for example the dragons and fairy flap their wings and move their bodies. Speaking of your creations coming to life, you can color a dress, shirt or vehicle and make it come alive on the race track or at a fashion show where you can see your creation on the big screen. Next to the creation stations is a giant light peg board, a area where you can make a 3D turtle or monkey, a station where you can make a wax hand (extra charge) and a spot where you can mine for gems.




If that isn't enough for you there is still more to enjoy! There is a molding station where you can mold your own crayon keepsake to take home, our location had either a car mold or ring mold available. They had a melted spin art area, a silly selfie station, a chalk area where you could write all over the walls, a station where you could color with melted crayons as they are melting, and a area where you could run across the screen and interact with the melting crayon rain. Almost everything here is do it yourself and very simple to use, if you do need any help there are several assistance walking around the building who are more than happy to help assist you.


Hungry? No problem, they have a cafe where you can pick up drinks or food items and if you are craving desserts they have a sweets shoppe with cookies, ice cream, fudge and more! You are bound to spend at least two hours here if you want to stop by each station so I would food plan if you'd like to eat snacks here or eat lunch in the mall food court. You can get your hand stamped before leaving so you can go eat and come back if you wish. They do have a nice clean restroom to use so you do not need to leave the store to use the bathroom. Before leaving they have a large gift shop where you can shop for crayons, markers, and crayola inspired goodies. They have a giant wall completely lined with different crayons where you can build your own pack.



So what did we end up coming home with? Each child came home with four custom label crayons, a clay model, a race car crayon they created, a custom coloring page, a melted wax spin creation and several coloring pages/creations from the other stations. I also made three of my own labeled crayons, which I had a lot of fun with. I also received a goodie bag as part of the media day which features several products from their gift shop! You can see that image above.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Crayola Experience for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

21 comments:

Ivan Jose said...

This Crayola Experience got me excited. It brings back a lot of childhood memories. I would want my children to experience this, too. Hopefully something similar opens here in the Philippines.

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

This looks like so much fun! I’d love to visit with my grandchildren. Custom crayons would be awesome.

Ashli Ferguson said...

Oh my gosh that looks SO fun!! I would love to go here and we don't even have children! haha I just feel like it would be nostalgic as I ALWAYS love coloring!

Ashley said...

Oh wow! The Crayola Experience looks like such a fun, family friendly place. Making your own crayon labels and the coloring station are so cool! If it’s popular, hopefully they open more of these around the country/world.

Coffee Chaos and Giggles said...

This looks like so much fun! Wish we had one around us!

Veronica said...

I wish I had an excuse to travel from Michigan to Arizona for this! Oh wait - maybe I do - just to go! Looks like so much fun and I'm definitely adding it to my list of fun ideas if I get into the area.

Pool Operator Talk said...

this looks amazingly cool. I need to bring my grandkids, or maybe they will need to bring me �� Love coloring!

Anagha said...

I like to be in this type of places. Even though I am not a kid, I would like to experience it too. I will suggest it to the parents who have toddlers.

Abu zaid said...

I think, The Crayola Experience is great for kids that want have a challenge

Nicole Marie said...

What a great experience and activity for families! And not a bad price either!

Flo said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!! The “Loki’s rule” is definitely my fav!

https://live-cricket.info said...

I was more than happy to uncover this great site. Thank you for sharing

Jenn ➳ onehoppymomma.com said...

My daughter would love this! I hope it comes to Los Angeles

Holli said...

I live in Wisconsin but if I ever get in the area, this is something the kids would love! Thanks! Holli

siennylovesdrawing said...

Ohh my...am sure my little niece will love this, thanks for sharing this :D cheers, siennylovesdrawing

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun! I wish we had this in my state, I would take my little one! Thanks for sharing! -Ashley

Sanjota Purohit said...

Looks like a fun place for kids. I love crafting activities. They boost skills and helps with brain development in kids.

Unknown said...

This place looks so cool and colourful, would definately visit this place with my niece and nephew.

Unknown said...

This place looks so cool and colourful, would definately visit this place with my niece and nephew.

Samantha Flores said...

How fun! I can't wait until my son is old enough to take him to places such as The Crayola Experience!
*Samantha- https://herjournal.blog

Isabelle Marie said...

This place looks amazing my kids would love going here. I don't visit Chandler often because it is about an hour drive but I may make a special trip.