Saturday, May 18, 2019

See the world in a different way with these three Candlewick Press books!

I can honestly say that aside from Candlewick Press I can only name one other publishing company, why is that? I don't think there has been a publisher that has published as many books that my children and I enjoy as much as Candlewick Press has. Once again I have several wonderful books to share with you that I was recently sent! Plus I'll have more to share over the next two weeks, so keep an eye out for those as well.


I will be sharing three great books with you today, all are best suited for ages two to eight, all of them are hardcover and they have fun eye catching illustrations.



Written by Helen Frost
Retail Value $16.99

"With a lyrical narrative and lovely photo illustrations, this latest venture from an acclaimed creative team makes a perfect new baby gift — and will appeal to bird lovers, too." This book follows along with a newborn Sandhill Crane. As a bird lover this is a book I enjoy and appreciate, the photography is stunning and after the short story is over the book has an entire page filled with information and facts on the Sandhill Crane.



Written by Anne-Margot Ramstein
Retail Value $18.99

This is an entire book about the inside and outside, what does that mean? I will give you an example; a bird egg is sitting in a nest with a baby bird in it, while on the outside there is a mommy bird waiting for her baby to hatch. This book gives you a look inside of the egg and the surroundings outside of the egg. Each page features a different setting such as inside a submarine and outside of it, and more. It gives you a neat perspective and it is sure to captivate curious minds. Inside Outside is a picture book only there are no words. To spice up reading the book you could turn it into an "Eye spy" book and ask your children about different features in the "outside" photos.



Written by Ted Kooser
Retail Value $16.99

"Mr. Posey is feeling gloomy. Everything seems dull. Maybe he needs new glasses? Perhaps a trip to the Cheer Up Thrift Shop with his energetic young neighbor, Andy, will help. But when the duo try on the glasses in the shop’s barrel, they’re in for a big surprise. One pair with stars for frames shows only constellations in a night sky. Round frames reveal a world all aswirl, while a heart-shaped pair makes everything pink. And as soon as Mr. Posey puts on the cat-eye framed glasses, fierce dogs start chasing him. No, thank you! But when Andy makes a simple observation, Mr. Posey’s view opens to a whole new world — and finally everything is brighter, different, and exciting.In a charming tale of an elderly man and his obliging young friend, former poet laureate Ted Kooser and newcomer Daniel Duncan invite us to look at the world with fresh eyes."

I enjoyed reading this book, it was a fun little adventure for the elderly man and his young neighbor, the different glasses were entertaining to see what they each did. I think my favorite is the star glasses that show him the constellations, I think I'd wear them often to see the stars. This was a sweet book and it really helps you appreciate what is already in front of you.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by CandleWick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

33 comments:

Stephanie LaPlante said...

These all sound very interesting, both story and visuals.

Tia M. said...

my son has mr poseys new glasses and he loves it!

Anonymous said...

Three very clever little books that would be perfect for my wifes' classroom. I'll have to let her know about these so she can share them with her little ones. Children's books are so much more interesting now than when I was growing up.

Swagata Sen @RightsofEquality said...

My kids are at their teenage - I have very little or no influence on their selection of clothes or books anymore!! But, I found these three books so cute that I felt like having them for myself! Sometimes reading Children's books actually could be very refreshing for adults!

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

All three of these books sound wonderful. We have sandhill cranes in the woods and fields around our house, so if I could only get one, I would pick that one. The rhymes make it fun for little ones because they can guess what comes next.

Ashley | One Journey Away said...

The Inside Outside one seems especially cool! And the illustrations in Hello, I'm Here are awesome.

Jerry Godinho said...

Children books have come a long way since i was young. The three books that you have mentioned are cute, lovely but at the same time wonderful. It is aligned with children and their curiosity. Thanks

Snehal said...

My posey's new glasses is something I want to get my hands on soon! Thanks for sharing! :D

Mayuri Patel said...

All three books sound very interesting. I am so glad that they still make delightful, colorful, informative books for children. I've spent hours with my kids with books when they were young. Hoping to do the same when our grandchild arrives.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

Kids books are a basis for kids education. I am smitten by illustration here: so very beautiful!

LaneyMay said...

Adorable!

Calvin F. said...

I like those pictures.. I think that children would love it

Isabelle Marie said...

The book about the glasses sounds like a lot of fun.

Wanda B said...

Awww! These look like such great books for kids!

Shirley said...

These sound like awesome books for children

Nancy P said...

I love books that excites a child's imagination.

Melanie Borhi said...

my son would love these books

Dana Banana said...

I hadn’t heard of candlewick press before I read your review. Their books look creative and imagination sparking!

Huguette En said...

Sounds like great books, if I ever get grandbabies ;)

Bre Miles said...

Perfect for my little niece!!!

Edye Nicole said...

these are so cute and fun!

Velvetwhip said...

These would be good gifts for kids.

Zoey said...

I love the ideas behind these books. And the illustrations are beautiful and engaging.

Sandra D. said...

I love books and would love these for the grandchildren.

Marina S said...

They look beautiful.

tat2gurlzrock said...

These look like awesome books. I am making our grandson a library of books.

Antoinette M said...

These look like awesome books! I love the illustrations.

Gala said...

Great children books, colorful , educational

Ana Gonzalez said...

I love the visuals

jjmon2012 said...

These books sound so good I really like the Hello I'm Here book. May have to order it for my great niece who loves her books and she is just turning 3.

Kathy P said...

These books look great and we like keeping a stash of books in our home for our grandkids. I will have to order a few.

JoKing said...

These books are visually stunning. I would love to share these with my nieces.

lilyk said...

These books look very interesting. Thanks for sharing!