Wednesday, May 8, 2019

New Candlewick Press Books!


Throughout a person's life many changes will occur both good and bad, some can be scary such as moving to a new city and some are exciting with a bit of scary mixed in such as welcoming a new baby into the family. Each change is different and not everyone processes them the same either which is why it is nice to have books to read that go along with different situations for kids to read, giving them a better understanding of what is happening. Candlewick Press recently sent me a great book that deals with moving to a new city, they also sent a book about a couple after they've had a baby, and a book about a family who receive an unexpected pet. All three books are cute & make for a fun read, learn more about each book below:





By Tania De Regil
Retail Value $16.99

This cute book follows two children and their fears of what their new home is like and if they will like living in a new city. The little boy is moving from New York City to Mexico City, and the little girl is moving from Mexico City to New York City. On each page the kids express the same fear/worry and it accompanies a photo of their city, so as you go on you can see that both cities have the same things to offer so the children shouldn't be too worried about their new home. I thought this book had great illustrations and it covered a lot of the "What If's" that a person may have before a big move.



By Hayley Barrett 
Retail Value $16.99


This book is a short story about a couple who is enjoying their peaceful "Babymoon" after the arrival of their child. Prior to reading this book I had never heard of a "Babymoon" which is similar to a Honeymoon, but I like the name. The illustrations in this book are soft, dreamy and give you a sense of a sleepy calm home which is quite nice. I think this book would make a great addition to any baby shower gift.



By Kate DiCamillo
Retail Value $18.99

When I first read the title of this book, my first thought is that is was going to be a Charlotte's Web type book where a baby piglet was saved on a farm because one of the characters fell in love with it. Technically I was right but I was also wrong, the book starts off with a small piglet falling off the back of a farm truck and wandering into the yard of a couple who has been feeling like their life is a bit too ordinary. The couple and the neighbor all enjoy the pigs company and decide to keep her, and she is anything but ordinary. This is a sweet book! and for those of you wondering if a pig makes a good pet, if you have the room for them they are actually wonderful pets. We had a pet pig when I was younger and he was wonderful.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by CandleWick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

15 comments:

Ashli Ferguson said...

This books look adorable!! I love little books like this!

D'ondra said...

Aww, I might have to get these for a group I am a part of. They look so cute.

Janet@saygoodbyecitylife.com said...

These books look adorable. I love books. Thank you for sharing.

Haroon Ejaz said...

Books are my favorite things. And the ones you shared are very nice ones. Thanks for sharing these amazing books!

Ara Patria said...

Wow! I'd love to recommend these books to my little cousins. Thank you for sharing!

Junell said...

What cute books! We love checking out new stories.

Cendu said...

As a mama and teacher, I always turn to books for explaining new and unfamiliar things to my kiddies. These are some great examples and I want to add a few to my collection

Anagha said...

I like the brief story of these books. It helps the kid understand real life too. We need to read such books to kids , good for their development.

Blair Villanueva said...

There are good books! Perfect for school time is approaching, a perfect gift!

Brandon Carter said...

I love some of these book!

Monidipa said...

These books are truly cute. My friends would love them.

Sanjota Purohit said...

The graphics is so cool! Thanks for introducing them.

Pujarini said...

These books look so beautiful.

Yonnah M said...

These are really cute books. I know many kids would enjoy them.

Kendall Delayne Fueled by Caffeine and Cuss Words said...

So cute! I may have to get some for.my kiddos!