Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Terminator 2 Escape with Escape Westgate!


Have you ever wondered about what would happen in the case of an emergency situation such as the end of the world or a zombie apocalypse? Out of your friends and family, who do you think would be the best to have with in your survival group for the best chance of survival? We may never find out the answer for the two scenarios mentioned above, But you are able to find out who is the best at solving puzzles to help you escape being locked in a room together. Every year Escape rooms are becoming more popular and for good reason, not only are they exciting,but they are a great team building exercise and you can push yourself to your limits as well. If you aren't familiar with what an escape room is, it is a immersive clue finding game where you and a team of your choice are locked inside of a room for one hour. In order to escape and beat the room you have to search for clues, figure out puzzles and complete missions to get out. If you don't complete it within the hour time frame, you lose!


Earlier this week my husband, four of our friends and myself were able to check out Escape Westgate, which is located at 6751 N Sunset Blvd Suite E-108, Glendale, AZ 85305. They offer three themed rooms: The Hidden Tomb, Bill & Ted's Excellent Escape room and Terminator 2 Escape. Their website allows you to book the room ahead of time or you can walk in and see what the wait time is for one of the rooms. Each room allows up to ten people, you can all go as a group or you are able to join other small groups. Although they allow ten people in a room, we thought a group of six was the best size otherwise it may have been slightly cramped inside of the room. Tickets are $30.99 per person for the one hour game room. Don't completely rely on google maps to get you to their location, it will give you a general area but it doesn't lead you right to it. You will need to park and walk into the shopping center, Escape Westgate is located next to the Yard House. We all decided to go with the Terminator 2 room. The room really made us feel as though we had stepped into the Terminator movies with how they decorated the room and how they placed clues for getting out.


Before heading into the room you get to meet your game master who is watching you on camera for the hour you are in the room, our game master was named Jacob. Jacob did a wonderful job explaining the rules, letting us know a bit of what to expect and let us know if we needed help he could give us a clue on the screen in the room. Once inside we set to work figuring out the clues of how to beat the room before the hours is complete. You would think an hour is plenty of time to find clues and figure everything out, however you'd be surprised at how intricate everything actually is. Some escape rooms have it set up to where you have to work on one clue at a time in order to compete the room but then what is the rest of the group doing? This room allowed all of us to be working on various puzzles both together and separate to try to figure everything out, so it really was a team effort. Get stuck and need a hint? You do not get points or time removed if you ask for a hint from the game master, and the hint/clues don't give anything away they just point you to the general direction of where you need to go. We thought everything was extremely well done with how they provided clues/hints.

I can't give away any of the puzzles that were in the room, however I can let you know that they did a wonderful job setting up the room with ample amounts of details both in how they hid clues, set out puzzles and included references from the movie into the room. I was amazed at a few of the things that seemed to be right in front of our faces yet we didn't realize it right away. Each of us contributed towards the room as a whole and none of us felt is if the others weren't doing anything to help out. We had a lot of fun doing the room and the hour went by extremely quick! The hour was up before we knew it. I do not think that a solo player would be able to complete the room as at least one puzzle needed two people, so you would need at least two people to complete the room. So how did we do?




We completed the room with milliseconds left! Our game master told us it was one of the closest games he had seen. The entire car ride back we all were talking about the various details in the room and how impressed we were with the room as whole. All of the staff members we interacted with were friendly, happy and quite helpful with any questions we had about the facility. After our room was completed Jacob came back in and let us ask some questions about the rooms, and puzzles. We learned that two of the puzzles we managed to complete without even needing any clues! Prior to leaving we were able to pick out some signs to take a photo with including a sign to show off our game time. Do I suggest checking out Escape Westgate? Yes, I think you'd have a lot of fun whether you lose or not. Do you need to know about/be a fan of the Terminator movies to do this room? No, you don't.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Escape Westgate for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

32 comments:

Reclaiming The Smile said...

I have always wanted to try an escape room! It looks like loads of fun

Coffee Chaos and Giggles said...

This looks like so much fun!

Kayla said...

I’ve always wanted to try this. I’ll need to round up some pals and go. The location you went to is also my local escape room!

Isabelle Marie said...

This is not that far from where I live and I think my friends would like this as well I may need to book this for our next game day.

Cristina Petrini said...


How much I like these things, the experiences I dream of trying!

Stacie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love escape rooms. They're a great way to spend some time.

Chad said...

This must have been an amazing experience!!! I would love to do it, super cool.

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Reminds me of the games that I play when I was in high school. Missed those classics.

Ashli Ferguson said...

how fun!! I have never done one and I want to!

Elucidatefacts.com said...

I've completed different theme games like Escape room. Luckily completed both in second round. It really helps to clock your brain thinking.

Bindu Thomas said...

This seems so much fun. Never done one, though.

indra k said...

This is crazy idea to experience such escape room. I am so curious to try this.

Anagha said...

I never tried this. I would love to try escape rooms with my funny friends. It will be a lot of fun.

Ara Patria said...

Wow! Escape Room! I have really wanted to try this with my friends, but we don't have much time yet! Hoping to try this soon!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

Sounds like fun! Wonderful escape room. I am not fan of them with terminator I might want to try

Kalyan Panja said...

Looks a nice place to enjoy the weekend. I am looking forward to enjoying a season here.

Catherine Santiago Jose said...

I have never tried to go in an Escape Room and it sounds really a lot of fun and excitement.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This sounds like ever such a lot of fun! I'd love to do an escape room, they look like a fab group activity

Sanjota Purohit said...

Whoa! Escape rooms scares me a lot. Hence never tried.

Pool Operator Talk said...

Would love to try an escape room and this one looks fantastic. Love it!

Claire said...

Sounds like a fun activity to do with a big group! I've never tried an escape room before but I want to!!

Jessica Renfro said...

Awesome job getting out! We have been to an escape room once and did not make it out. I want to go again and take out son who is 13 with some friends.

Wren LaPorte said...

I love escape rooms! This looks like such a fun experience I would love to do it myself!

Marjie Mare said...

I went to an escape room for the first time last year, I thought it was an amazing experience. What you shared is beyond amazing.

redheadmomblog said...

This looks like such a fun experience! I would love to try this someday!

honeybunnytwee said...

I enjoy escape rooms, but I need to convince my friends to do them with me. There’s nothing like the satisfaction of solving all the puzzles

Jasmine said...

i've neve done an escape room but they always sound fun. this one sounds really good!

Sarah M said...

I have never tried escape rooms and this one sounds fun. It seems that you have had a great time.

Devyani said...

I love escape rooms and this one is even more interesting!

Krista said...

I think escape rooms are so much fun. that being said, this one looks pretty intense!

Kara said...

Escape rooms are so popular now, I haven't done one yet though

Adeola Adebola said...

Escape room is spooky yet amazing. Love it