Monday, May 13, 2019

CBD gummies helping with a good nights sleep!

I've always had a bit of anxiety and as I've gotten older some aspects of my anxiety have gotten worse and I notice it a lot more. Some days my brain just doesn't want to turn off which can lead to restless sleep, and I get grouchy when I don't get enough sleep. In recent month's I've heard quite a bit on how helpful pure CDB oil can be for a variety of health issues so I decided to check it out myself to see if it helps or makes a difference. A few questions people might have about it is, does it make you feel "stoned" or "high", will it make you fail a drug test?, and what exactly is it?. Cannabidiol or better known as CDB is a naturally occurring compound found in the resinous flower of cannabis, it is safe, non-addictive, it does not make you feel high or stoned, it will not make you fail a drug test and it is legal in all fifty states. It is sold in many different forms including oils, candies, bath bombs, vape pens and more, each one works in different ways.


I was recently in touch with a company called JustCBD, who sells a wide range of products including products for pets. I was offered the chance to pick out something to review and try out, it was hard narrowing it down to just one thing because plenty of the items seemed interesting such as the bath bombs. I ended up selected the Watermelon CDB gummies 500mg jar, the container comes with 24 gummy rings each with 24mg of CBD and it sells for $40 so it comes out to $1.66 per candy. One of my favorite candies to pick up on a road trip is peach/apple rings so I figured I would love these. The jar they came in came with a small warning that the product may cause drowsiness, so I decided to wait until the evening to try these out for the first time to prevent wanting to nap in the middle of the day.


These smell delicious, they smell like a mixture of watermelon and strawberries. The first day I tested these out I wasn't feeling 100%, I had a bit of a headache and my back had been giving me issues so I figured it was the perfect time to try it out. How did it taste? It did not have a strong watermelon flavor to it but I could tell that it was watermelon, although it did also have a little bit of a earthy flavor to them that I can't quite put my finger on, but it wasn't a horrible taste. Texture wise I did need to chew them up a bit more than your typical candy gummy ring but it wasn't a hassle to eat. I only ate one, depending on your weight, how products like these typically effect you, etc you might want two. After about 15 minutes I felt like my body was calming down and I didn't feel as icky as I had earlier in the day, and I felt like my muscles had relaxed a bit leaving my body feeling lighter and I noticed my head was no longer hurting like it was. I ate the ring just before my bedtime, so I relaxed and watched a bit of TV then I went to bed when I felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I didn't stir a bunch in my sleep and I only woke up once to use the bathroom, otherwise I had a deep and peaceful sleep waking up feeling refreshed and energized in the morning from a good nights sleep. I also felt great the rest of the week. As for the anxiety portion of it, it helped my brain wind down instead of going a thousand miles a minute which is the big part of what lead to sleeping so well.


I decided to eat one earlier in the day to see how the effects were, the other two times I tried them out was shortly before bed so it was hard to judge exactly what all it did. I ate one shortly after I got home from work, it didn't make it to where I was too tired to do anything it just helped my body feel calm and relaxed. After dinner my husband went to work on a project of his, while the kids and I decided to relax on the sofa watching some TV. I ended up getting super comfortable and warm cuddled up on the sofa, and ended up falling asleep a bit earlier then intended (about 7pm) but I had a good nights sleep. If I needed to stay awake after eating one of these, I don't think I would have any issues with trying to stay awake, I simply became comfortable in my home after eating this so I ended up falling asleep. My iron levels tend to fluctuate which makes it to where things like aspirin work differently so I think eating just one makes me a little sleepier than it would to other people so I would try out one at first and maybe move to two if you don't notice a different in your sleep. Depending on what you are looking for this could be a daily use item, however for myself this is something I think I will keep for when I am feeling extra stressed or feel like I am heading towards an anxiety attack to help me stay calm, so this jar should last me quite some time. They also offer products to help with pain, lack of appetite and more.

If gummies aren't for you, you can check out their other lines and see if something suits you better. Have you tried any CBD products? Did they work for you? If the answer is No, which CBD product would you want to try?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by JustCBD for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE supporter of all things CBD. I have used the oils for months and take it twice a day. A dropper full under my tongue in the morning and at night before bed. It really helps me to unwind and as you said get a great nights sleep. I have been suggesting CBD to so many people since I started! I will have to try out the gummy version.

Fran Jorgensen said...

I struggle with sleep, this would be a great way to calm my mind, I will be hunting my healthfood store for these! Thanks for sharing!

Despite Pain said...

I have heard a lot of good things about CBD products. If something can help to relax your body, and give you a better sleep, and is natural, I think it's good.
I really need to look into these products for myself.

Snehal said...

I knew about CBD oil used in cooking. Did not know that there are CBD gummies too. And they look so tasty! 😋

Ashli Ferguson said...

I need to tell my grandma about this - she has all kinds of trouble sleeping!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

I am blessed with no issues sleeping but the gummies sound nice. I will share it with my father who is desperate to fix this sleeping issues

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Nice! It's the first time for me to read about this product. I hope it reaches the Philippine markets.

Ivan Jose said...

I don't experience anxiety attack yet but I do feel stressed out lately at work. This product is interesting, I'll definitely give this a try once available in my country.

Motivators And Creators Women's Group said...

I have never tried any types of CBD products but if I helps you relax and have a better night's sleep, then why not?

aisasami said...

This is really interesting as I never heard such gummies before. But can you get these shipped internationally? Japan, the country I am in, is very strict with any type of drugs, even how little it is. Ther eis a certain paranoid about it here.

Live Learn Better said...

Anything to take your mind off the struggles and make you have a good night sleep is attractive to me.
I'll definitely check it out.

Nahashon Kyalo said...

Honestly speaking, I'm still not confident about consuming CBD products, but I've been researching on the matter and hopefully your posts will give more clarification.

Nahashon Kyalo said...

Honestly speaking, I'm still not confident about consuming CBD products, but I've been researching on the matter and hopefully your posts will give more clarification.

Mod L Photography said...

CBD is the best. I'll have to give these a try.

Sanjota Purohit said...

First time heard about these products. Looks like I don't like them.

Michele said...

My fiance loves CBD products. He got some inscense. I cant stand the smell of them. However, he has been looking for other products. Ill share this with him.

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

I've never tried CBD oils and didn't realize they were legal here in Ohio yet. I'm not sure that I could stop with just one gummy candy though--they look delicious!

Kendall Delayne | Fueled By Caffeine and Cuss Words said...

I have been wanting to try some type of CBD product to help with my anxiety and sleep. I'll have to check these out!

Anagha said...

I take sleeping tablets once in a while for few days. I will have to try this to see the effects on sleep.

Debra Roberts said...

I think I may order these. I am not a fan of eating sugar before bed, but if it helps me sleep, I'm willing to give these a try!

Travelwisesr said...

I must give it a try. I too am not getting good night sleep these days because am not able to switch off from thoughts.

honeybunnytwee said...

I saw your post about this on your Insta. Like I said, I’ve heard great things about the benefits of CBD

Maysz said...

I love gummies maybe I will share this to my friend because she's have insomnia and getting hard to sleep at night great suggestion!

Pujarini said...

I had not heard about CBD before. Seems like there are quite a few benefits.

Sarah M said...

I didn't know that CBD gummy could help in anxiety and sleep.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

These kinds of products are simply amazing. I had no clue they came in gummy form though. That’s a new one for me. I just buy the cookies when my sleep schedule gets too far off track. I don’t have anxiety, but it definitely helps with sleep.

Luna Moon said...

I wasn't aware they made incense! It is crazy how many products are popping up now.

Jenn ➳ onehoppymomma.com said...

Yes! They really do help me with staying asleep. However, I had to stop taking them when I cut down on carbs because all of the brands I've seen have sugar added. Now I do a tincture but I don't like it as much as the gummies.

bancell82 said...

That's awesome... my wife is considering taking something. This was very informative. Thank you!

Samantha Flores said...

Sounds like a great option for sleeping remedies! I'm a fan of CBD and I have seen the positive results on my own family members.
*Samantha- www.herjournalblog.com

siennylovesdrawing said...

Enjoy my read & learnt some tips, thanks for this lovely sharing, agreeing absolutely good sleep really important. cheers siennylovesdrawing

https://live-cricket.info said...

I have never tried but will try now

VAS said...

Candy (sort of) before bed? Yes please!

Isabelle Marie said...

I could use these to help me sleep, never heard of them before.

Eliz Frank said...

I'm not familiar with the product line but if it helps you and it is not dangerous then fine. Enjoy it.

drill said...


Your site is truly cool and this is an extraordinary moving article.This is really important for the people to get benefit from.

https://greenhusmeds.com/product/packwoods-2/
https://greenhusmeds.com/product/dankwoods-2/

Lily Victoria said...

I saw your post about this on your Insta. Like I said, I’ve heard great things about the benefits of CBD gummies.