Friday, February 1, 2019

Send a Free Valentine’s Day card to the patients at a Children’s Hospital!




When ever I get the chance I enjoy doing random acts of kindness, it always brings a smile to my face knowing a simple gesture could make someone else's whole day or even week. Random acts of kindness don't always require a ton of money to do, they can be as simple as helping someone carry their bags, offering to lend a shoulder to cry on, sending a birthday card or giving a stranger a flower.

January is now officially over and we are headed towards Valentines day, I recently learned that many children's hospitals across the US offer you the chance to send Valentines day cards to the kids in the hospital. What will it cost you? Nothing it is completely free, you just need to fill out a short form with your name, a encouraging note or joke and select which card you'd like to be given out. After all the forms are in the hospitals print out the card and distribute them evenly among the kids. Many of the children in these hospitals will not receive the chance to have a card party like many school children do, which can make them feel left out so this gives them the chance to still have a card party!

I've put together a list of some of the Children's Hospitals I've found that participate in this event. There are dozens of Children's hospitals across the US, I've listed what I could find available online so if you don't see your local hospital I'd look on their website or contact the hospital directly to see if they participate.


Arkansas Children's - Also accepting craft supply donations



Children's National (National)










21 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww that's so sweet, i wish I could donate a gift as well.

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love this, and anyone can do it.

Alexandra Pilonieta said...

I love acts of kindness. I want to look to see which hospitals participate in South Florida.

@Online Nutmegger said...

Nice intention. Helpful for those people in the hospitals. I will promote such activities. Thanks for sharing.

Samar said...

The idea is simple and genuine. Loved it.

StrongIslandSocial said...

That’s a great idea to send valentine’s day cards to children’s hospitals. I didn’t know that you could do this. Keshia Richmond

Anna said...

What a thoughtful idea! I'm going to see if our local kids hospital does something similar.

Unknown said...

This is such a nice idea! Can you send a Valentine's Day card if you're not from the US?

Unknown said...

this is so absolutely sweet! ppl like you are a real gem! :) this msg should be spread

Cyndi Buchanan said...

What a sweet idea! I might have to work on this with my kiddos!

Free Backlink Checker Tool said...

That's awesome and the pics are really great. Blog with pics make sense for me and I love reading your blog.

aisasami said...

What a wonderful and precious gesture to give to a kid! Kids, especially ones who are sick, need love and warmth, Thank you for writing for an important serivce.

vaishali said...

That is absolutely a heart warming idea.

sheqo said...

I like the idea, sometimes l put them into the dumpster because I don't want my kids to consume too much candy. I will consider this❤

Romualdo said...

Great idea. It's simple yet fun! Thanks for sharing.

Luna Moon said...

Yes! They have a spot on some of them where you can add where you live if you want, I am sure it would make the kids excited to see people sending them cards from outside the US.

The Sunny Side said...

What an awesome idea. I love it.

Sheena Moncatar said...

My brother has volunteered for kids with cancer in a hospital. Believe me every simple gift is highly appreciated! Thanks for sharing this blog.

Shelley said...

This a a beautiful random act of kindness — thank you for sharing this as I plan on filling one out.

thequeenmomma said...

What a heartwarming read. You'll be blessed tenfold. :)

Unknown said...

This is so sweet they do this I wish I knew about this earlier this year.