Thursday, January 31, 2019

Wine delivered to your door with Winc!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Winc for the review free of charge through the US Family Guide.**



I am not a very big drinker, and I am extremely picky when it comes to finding something I actually like but I do have family members that love a good glass of wine so when I was offered the chance to try out a box from Winc I agreed and knew it would make a few people happy. If you've never heard of Winc, it is a monthly wine subscription box that delivers four bottles of wine personalized to you based off of your Winc profile.




The first step to getting your wine box in the mail is to fill out a wine profile, the profile is quite simple to fill out and they ask a number of questions including how you like your coffee, if you like berries, how much you usually spend on a bottle of wine, etc. Since my husband was going to be the main person testing out and drinking the wine, I let him fill out the flavor profile. At the end of the short survey they also ask you to select how many red wines you'd like vs white wines, if you love both you would be sent two white and two red, however if you love red but don't mind a glass of white wine from time to time you could get three reds and one white. Before fully placing your order they will show you a summary of the wines they selected for you along with how much each bottle cost. If you see a bottle of wine you don't think you'd like you can easily switch it out for any of the other wines on their website. 


Which wines did we end up with? Our box included a 2018 Mercana Malbec, a 2017 Clink sparkling white blend, a 2017 Endgame Chardonnay and a 2017 Finke's sparkling Chenin Blanc. One of the wines we included in our box actually wasn't for us but for my step-fathers dad to enjoy over the holidays. The most expensive out of the four was the bottle of Endgame which goes for $28 if you are a Winc member or $32.99 for non-members, and the cheapest was the Malbec at $15 per bottle for members or $16.99 for non-members. 

After you place your order you can choose to receive text updates on when your wine ships. They will text you once when your box first ships, one the day before it is supposed to be delivered letting you know when it is expected to arrive and reminding you a adult 21+ with ID needs to sign for the box and a text when it gets delivered. I have not received any other text messages or promotions from them via my cell phone aside from the shipping update which made me happy they weren't trying to spam me. Now let's get into taste notes and our thoughts on each wine. 


 

2017 Endgame Chardonnay ($28 Winc Price); Our family eats a lot of pasta's and cheeses and this wine is said to pair well with fish, pasta with cheese sauce, cheeses and veggies. It has notes of apples, butterscotch, candied lemon and vanilla with a alcohol  percentage of 14.5%. This was actually the first wine out of the box that we decided to try out, it seemed to go over well with most who tried it and the whole bottle was finished which is a good sign.

2017 Finke's sparkling Chenin Blanc ($18 Winc Price); This wine pairs well with Thai, cheeses, cured meats and veggies. It has notes of green apple, honeysuckle, lemon and nectarine with a alcohol percentage of 12.5%. This wine was actually the favorite out of the four we received, it was slightly sweet and didn't leave a bitter after taste in your mouth. As odd as it sounds it went well mixed with a little bit of cranberry juice, I jokingly mentioned doing it to my husband so we decided why not and it actually wasn't bad.





2018 Mercana Malbec ($15 Winc Price); Pairs well with pizza, pork and BBQ. It has notes of plum, red cherry, spice and vanilla with a alcohol percentage of 14.4%. This wasn't quite as loved as some of the others and I think there is still a decent portion of the wine left in the bottle but it isn't the worse wine in the world either. Depending on your mood or if you have it with food vs drinking it alone you may have a different experience.

2017 Clink sparkling white blend ($18 Winc Price); Pairs well with shellfish, cheeses, cured meats and fruits. It has notes of candied lemon, green apples and white flowers with a alcohol percentage of 12.5%. I would say this was the second favorite out of the four wines we received, it had a unique taste that wasn't unpleasant and it had a nice fragrance as well. 




Over all we were pretty happy with our Winc box, since we don't drink often I do not see us personally keeping a subscription box like this but it would make a nice holiday gift for wine lovers.

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now this can come in real handy! Something I will be looking into for sure! Thank you I had not heard of Winc.

Financeoholic said...

I need this. Despite it making me more of an alcoholic lol 😍

Johnny Quid said...

I've always wanted a wine subscription box. I was looking at Wine of the Month Club a while back. My wife and I aren't huge wine drinkers, and I like the medium bodied stuff while she tends to like the sweeter ones, so we'd have to configure our box accordingly, but I think I may need to check out Winc!

Despite Pain said...

I'm not a big wine drinker, so I wouldn't do a subscription, but for people who enjoy their wine, it's a great idea.

Mama P said...

I'd heard of Winc, but didn't have a reason to try them. Once this baby gets here, I will!

SarahRCR said...

Definitely a fun gift idea! Even if just a gift to yourself 😜

Sharon Wu of Style Lullaby said...

since i don't drink alcohol, i don't see myself ever using this service but will definitely share with friends who do! x

Live Learn Better said...

Winc is new to me but this explanation sure give more insight to encourage me to try it out. Hope I can get my favorites though.

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

I did not know you could have wine delivered. What an interesting concept!

Unknown said...

Oh no...This could be dangerous! I dream of the day when I can sit back with a glass of wine and RELAX.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I've heard of things like this, but never really paid attention to them. I have specific wines I like, so this never even occurred to me as being a good idea. But it really is in terms of trying new wines. I'll look into this!

Megan McC said...

What a service! I always just grab a random bottle of white in my price range at the store. I would love to try others based on my tastes and pairings. Do you think they deliver to Mexico?

Lauren | My Favorite Job Title Is Mom said...

This sounds like a cool service. I have become a bit of a wine snob living only an hour from Napa and having a bunch of wine stores close by. However, if I move somewhere that wine isn't quite as accessible, I would definitely try out something like this.

sousa deb said...

i really find a lot of valuable information in this article about my favourite sparkling Chenin Blanc thanks

Hedy said...

I like your photos, they're really nice! Your in-depth descriptions of the different wines was helpful to learn more about each wine.

ArielleDeltoro said...

ooo I've never tried this but I've heard good things. This was helpful and I'm considering trying in the future

Fatima D Torres said...

I love services like this one that make everyday life a lot easier. I mean, who doesn't need a little something to get through the week? ;)

Anonymous said...

This is so great!! I've heard about these wine box things but have had a hard time finding an honest open review like this one. So thank you SO much for this info and taking the time to share!!! -- Jamie Lee

Stace Edoha said...

Those are really great prices for the wines you got. I love a good Chardonnay!

Abu Zaid said...

Actually I don't like drink wine because it prohibited on my religion. I hope you don't mind, if my comment like this. Thank You.

Bliss said...

This would be a great gift for a wine lover. For me, I wish they had a tea version!

Unknown said...

This is a cool gift idea for people who love wine. Maybe I can refer my friends who would rejoice over this fact and make the best of it.:)

Lisa said...

I'm a wine drinker, and really appreciate a Malbec. This looks like a good box for wine drinkers.

StrongIslandSocial said...

I love white wines and blends. Fruity and sweet. Keshia Richmond

iamAldonLopez said...

I love wines. Thanks for sharing this article!

Unknown said...

I don't drink personally but I know quite a few people who would be really interested in something like this!

aisasami said...

I am not much of an wine person, especially when I get sick from it, but this is great for people who like it!

Unknown said...

Sign me up!

themassagelifestyle said...

OH Baby! Bring the wine to my door? Do I have to leave for the day?? We enjoy a good glass of wine a few nights a week. And although we like different kinds, this is a great idea.

Matija said...

This is really smart, with all the things you can get, why not a wine subscription box, and you can always be sure to get the perfect wine for any occasion, although nothing beats going to the store and picking out something you like, I have started drinking more wine in the last year, till then I wasn't such a fan, I might check this out, but I don't think it will be available in my country :(

The Sunny Side said...

This looks like the perfect wedding gift! (And I have one this weekend! Done.)

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Nice!!! How I hope they have that in the Philippines. :)

Chandreyi said...

This would be such a fun gift idea or even for a wine connoisseur to try new things every month!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great service for those who enjoy their wine. I don't drink so it won't serve me. Of course,I could always give it as a gift too.
Elizabeth O

@Online Nutmegger said...

Not a serious wine drinker. But often use it on celebrations and on holidays. Wine cannot be avoided during Christmas. Thanks for sharing. Nice article.

Blair Villanueva said...

I love wine and the idea of wine delivery is so cool! I availed this kind of service and got the rare finds :D

Unknown said...

I love wine would be great to have it dropped off to me.