Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Three very unique books from Candlewick Press

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own and they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Candlewick Press for the review  free of charge.**


I've worked on and off with Candlewick Press over the last year and I am always excited to receive books from them because they have so many innovated books. I own dozens of books so you'd think I've seen it all right? Wrong! I am constantly surprised by the books Candlewick Press sells and I am going to be sharing three of them with you here today.






 A World Of Cities (Retail $25); Normally the books I receive all get get sent in one box, however this one was sent on it's own due to it's size. The book measures 10 5/8" x 14 9/16" which is larger than most infants! Along with it's large size this book is a bit different than your every day book because you have to hold it horizontally in order to read it. The book allows you the chance to visit dozens of cities around the world learning about what makes each one special all while sitting in your living room. I enjoy the amount of information and illustrations they included for each city. The colors and fonts on each page are eye catching and help keep the reader drawn to the book. My children seem to enjoy looking through this and learning more about each city. The only downside to this book is that it is hard to fit on the bookshelf.





Where's Waldo? The Spectacular Spotlight Search (Retail $18.99); When you first open this search book it may look it would be a little difficult to find Waldo since the pages are black, however this book has a magic search tool to help you out. The wand has a white star on one end and a smaller circle on the other end, when you slide the wand between the pages it highlights the characters above the white start/circle. The book makes it to where it takes a little bit longer to locate everything since it takes longer to search the page, this way the kids get more out of it. Along with Waldo each page has several other icons and characters for you to locate. Not only did the kids have a blast looking through this book, but I've had a great time looking through it as well. Where's Waldo was a favorite book of mine when I was growing up, it was always fun seeing all of the different characters and situations hidden in each image so I adore that they sent this book.





Ten Horse Farm (Retail $29.99); Almost all of us have either owned a pop-up book or have seen one sometime in our lifetime, but this pop-up books surpasses any I've ever seen. The scene on each page the most detailed and biggest pop-ups I've ever seen in a book. My kids love this book as well, and have a lot of fun flipping through it seeing all of the horses. Only one of the pages have had an accident where a horses foot came apart from the page so he no longer stands up but the kids don't seem to mind. This book is perfect for children learning how to read, it will keep them entertained and each page only has a few words on it so it will be easy for them to read. Want to see a short video featuring some of the pages being shown? Check out my Instagram to see the video I shared.

23 comments:

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

My kids used to love Where's Waldo books. This is definitely a interesting new take on an old favorite.

Monet Hardaway said...

I would love the A World of Cities Book if it were in smaller dimensions. It would be the perfect book for my cocktail table in my living room!

Yonnah M said...

I’ve been hearing about Where’s Waldo so much these days, but I’ve never actually read one. I’m going to have to see what all of the fuss is about.

Mathew Alexander said...

A world of cities seems a great read.
Thanks for share

If you like motivational blogs checkout
http://therigas.com

Renee said...

Thanks for sharing these fantastic books. Will look into getting for my kids.

Totallymomsense said...

These all look like great reads. Would definitely look into it

kelly said...

When I was a kid, I used to love the Where's Waldo books. Thank you for a reminder of my past

Justice Eziefule said...

I'm a great lover of books. I'll definitely try these out.

siennylovesdrawing said...

thannks for this lovely sharing, love the last book the most especially the craft made with it. cheers, siennylovesdrawing

StrongIslandSocial said...

I would love to receive some books from Candlewick press too they look so interesting. Keshia Richmond

Unknown said...

The Where's Waldo books are popular with my kids!

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Nice!!! I gotta have those for my kid! :) Thanks for sharing.

chadden2001 said...

These books would be amazing if I had kids... Actually, scratch that. My boyfriend acts about 5. He might appreciate them ;)

Unknown said...

Where's Waldo! My twins cant get enough of it :) thank you for sharing your opinion on these books!

@Online Nutmegger said...

Nice article. All of them looking good reads. Gonna recommend to my cousin kids and friends. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

It's nice to know that there are kids who love to read. In this generation, it's so difficult to get the phone out of their hands.

Luna Moon said...

Where's Waldo is great for any age! I still have fun looking at new search pages and my grandma was a big fan of them as well up until she passed away.

Luna Moon said...

I agree! I am big on making sure my kids read often and do plenty of hand's on activities (Lego's, Clay molding, etc) that don't require the use of a TV or Tablet/Phone. Helps build their minds and imaginations!

Luna Moon said...

I agree, it is a pretty large book. It would be nice if they could find a way to make a smaller version of it, however they do offer similar books in smaller sizes. They have a ton of great books for all ages!

Tom said...

Love the new take on Wheres Waldo!

Lord Rama Bhakt said...

this book's size is really big. i have some books of this size. and sometimes i love to read kids books. it brings me back to my childhood time.

Ladystitch said...

My kids would love these!

Unknown said...

Where's Waldo has always been a favorite of mine.