Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Feeding the wild birds with Chewy.com


I've always adored birds, I enjoy photographing them, hearing them sing and learning about them. I am fascinated watching them and seeing their unique personalities, however I've never really wanted to own a bird so instead of owning one I pamper the wild birds that visit my yard. I am a Chewy Influencer and I work with them on a monthly basis to review and promote different products from their site, when I saw the Kaytee basic blend wild bird food on the list of possible review items for the month it made me pretty excited.



Chewy sells this 20lb bag of bird seed for $11.99 which is a pretty fantastic deal! This mix of bird seed helps attract several different types of birds, depending on where you live and the type of birds in your area you may see several of the birds listed on the bag or you could just see the birds native to you. I generally get a variety of finch, sparrow, doves, curve-billed thrashers, starlings, woodpeckers, and northern mocking birds that stop by for a bite to eat and a dip in the bird bath.



This mixture has a combination of grains, corn, stripped sunflower seeds and black oil with added supplements  such as Vitamin A to help the birds during harsh winter months or even dry hot summer months. I have four different bird feeders in my yard all with various sized feeding holes and this mixture does well in each feeder, and as you can see all the wild birds are enjoying the easy meal. As always my shipping from chewy.com was extremely fast and it helped save me from having to lug this bag of bird seed from the store to my house! The bag was a little bit of a pain to open, I had to use scissors to cut it open otherwise I have no complaints about this product.

Do you feed any wild animals in your yard? If yes, what kind of animals visit your yard?, If the answer is no what is your favorite animal to see out in the wild?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Chewy for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.


34 comments:

Winter said...

I would love to see some cat walking around in back yard, they are so cute

Ashli Ferguson said...

We live in town so we don't have any wild animals - unless you count our 2 dogs that are hyper and wild haha and we do get their food from chewy!

Dani said...

I've heard great things about Chewy, and we have bird feeders too, so I should check them out!

Laura Lately said...

I'll have to try this out. We get a lot of wild birds around where I work. I love to watch them, especially in the Summer when they are nesting everywhere. thank you!

Samar said...

I must say, you made my day with an article on wild birds.

Thanks for sharing.

Hoang Vi Fessenden said...

Oh wow, this is interesting I'm going to share with my grandparents! They'd love this!

Folabest said...

I have come across so many wild animals but I don't like cats, they scared me

Cendu said...

This is so cute! Lovely little birdies. My mom loves feeding birds too, I'll recommend this one to her. Thanks for sharing.

Johnny Quid said...

Love bird watching. Before it finally got too cold for them, we had a bright Blue jay and a pretty red robin who would fly back and near our back balcony. My cat Joan Jett LOVED watching them. I'm thinking about getting a feeder to hang so that she can watch them when they come back for the spring.

Unknown said...

I'm big fan of little birds! I like watching them in my garden! Especially at spring!

Scott DeNicola said...

We used to feed the birds alot more than we do now mainly because of all the squirrels and raccoons who were stealing the food or knocking it down. I need to come up with a better system for this! We do have a nice bird bath so that brings some really nice cardinals and orioles around the yard. I do love CHEWY.com though!

kelly said...

I'm the total opposite! I hate birds, especially the seagulls at the beach. They can be so mean.

Jessica Lyles said...

I occasionally go to a nearby park and feed birds and the geese. I'm not going to life I normally take bread and cheap seeds lol

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Nice! I think my pet ducks would love those as well. :)

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome deal! My pet duck needs to try this out.

Lindsay Rae said...

My gardens attract all types of critters to our back yard. Which isn't always great because some mornings I wake up to find missing produce in the garden! Yesterday morning I woke up and went to let the dog outside and there was a huge deer walking about two feet away from my front door! It was crazy! But I didn't want to try to feed him because, although I like seeing the deer from afar I'm not a fan of them hanging out in my front yard lol

Ash said...

This is pretty cool, that the birds have a safe place to come and feed. Chewy.com is pretty amazing.

chadden2001 said...

I won't feed pigeons, but I'd definitely feed any other bird.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I don’t feed outside animals. I used to have a newspaper customer who left pie tins of cat food outside on her porch. I encountered squirrels, cats, raccoons, bunnies, nutria, ferrets, and god knows what else in the middle of the night. Ever since I just steer very clear of feeding animals that aren’t my cat. My neighbor feeds squirrels and they’re kind of cute running around the yard.

Travelwisesr said...

Nice product for bird lovers.We have many options that we have in our country but this one is yet to reach.

Candace said...

I live in the city and the only birds I see near me are pigeons, so I try to stay away. lol.

debora sousa said...

cool ! great idea to help the birds during harsh winter months or even dry hot summer months

aisasami said...

What a wonderful product for the birds. I hope it is all natural?

Live Learn Better said...

This is a wonderful and experience. Thanks for sharing

Matija said...

Sadly I live in an apartment complex and can't have bird feeders, at my vacation home we have a garden but since we aren't there for the majority of the year we can't have a feeder, although one time I found a fawn in the bushes it was like, how did you get here xD

Elizabeth O said...

Some months ago I was feeding birds at the terrace. Thanks for sharing information about this product. Now I will try this one too

Swagata Sen @RightsofEquality said...

I love bird watching in our backyard. I will try Chewy for sure.

Nina Nichols said...

We have a bird feeder outside the house just because my husband loves watching the birds!

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

We used to have a seed bird feeder, but stopped after a bear got in it. We still put out hummingbird feeders in the summer, but that's it.

honeybunnytwee said...

I don’t feed the animals, just a bird feeder. We live behind a park so we see plenty of woodland friends

Megan Kerry said...

I don’t have a bird feeder but I would love to get a hummingbird feeder this year! We have a lot of blue jays, crows and magpies here. And squirrels of course!

Style High Guy said...

My grandparents bought me a bird feeder for christmas. As lame as that sounds i love it!!

Angienh86 said...

I'll have to try this out for my bird feeder soon! Thanks for the review

Unknown said...

The price seems pretty good compared to what is at the store.