Friday, February 8, 2019

Goliath Games Review!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Goliath for the review free of charge.**


We are a big board game family, we usually play a board game every few days and sometimes we will play a game each night for several days depending on what we have going on for the week. We have a huge game shelf but we are always looking to add to it so when I was offered a chance to work with Goliath reviewing some of their board games, I couldn't say no! My kids and I were sent two different board games to test out together.





Wordsearch (Retail $17.99) - This game is recommended for ages seven and older, however my son who just turned six was able to play it just fine. I think this game is a lot of fun and it helps my youngest (who is in kindergarten) with his spelling and word recognition. Each person gets their colored tiles which fit perfectly into the half bubbles on top of the game board to highlight the words as you find them. The game features different inserts that have an assortment of words so you can switch which sheet you are using. How do you play? You slowly turn the outer wheel to reveal a new word then all of the players race to find the word on the board, at the end of the game the player with the most tiles on the board wins. If you have younger children and they don't want to race for the words, you can just have them take turns looking for each word. We kept our tiles in the bags but you can also place them in the corner pockets of the board to access them easier.





Googly Eyes (Retail $19) - This game is recommended for ages seven and older but again if your child is able to understand the game and are younger they are more than able to play this game. This is a big favorite for when we get together with extended family for a family game night because it is pictionary with a twist. Instead of just getting a word and having to draw it out to make people guess, you have to wear a pair of glasses with inserts that slightly distort your vision so drawing and guessing are a bit harder. This game needs to be played in teams of at least two, however you can have up to sixteen people playing. At this point though we've played the game enough that we know all of the words so it is easy to guess what everything is, I wish I could find re-fill packs for this game so we can keep playing. Some of our doodles didn't look anything like they should have which produced a lot of laughs and good times, the glasses have a Easy, Medium and Hard inserts to make the game exciting. When you are wearing the glasses you will kind of look like a mad scientist! The glasses can fit over regular glasses but depending on how comfortable the fit is you may want to take off your regular seeing glasses when using these. I like that they have different categories to draw such as characters or objects. If you win or not is up to how well you and your partner can doodle and guess! It is always fun to see who ends up winning. Depending on how many people are playing and how the dice rolls go we can get through a round in about half an hour.




41 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also look for games to play as a family. Wordsearch looks like a game that we would enjoy. Thanks for the blog.

Scott J DeNicola said...

It's good to see an article on board games as this seems to be portion of time that was lost. My family will pull out some board games every now and turn off our electronics. Word Search looks fun.

Johnny Quid said...

Nice! I love board games, and I'm also a big fan of word searches, so that first one is right up my alley. I actually miss playing board games with my sister when we were younger. Used to play Life all the time.

Despite Pain said...

Board games are so much fun. Boardgames were a big part of my childhhood. Great family memories. I think a lot of children miss out on that nowadays, so it's lovely that you're doing this with your family.

Lauren | My Favorite Job Title Is Mom said...

My husband and I love playing board games, and these look like some fun ones to try! I've never played either one.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I love playing board games with my husband and friends. We have friends over frequently, and board games are usually part of our evening. It’s such a fun time to spend together and enjoy the company of friends.

Travelwisesr said...

Board games are fun and has been since my childhood days.Now board games are used with simulations for training Managers in large Corporations.

Andrea (2oddravens) said...

My family has never really been into board games, but we did play one on Thanksgiving. It was SO much fun, and we couldn't stop laughing as we played. I can't even recall the name of it, but it was some type of movie trivia game.

Lindsay Rae said...

Word search looks like so much fun and I like how it would help with spelling practices with the kiddos. We love playing board games in our family too!

Unknown said...

The googly eyes game sounds like a lot of fun! One of my favorite "board" games is Telestrations. You alternate between drawing and writing what the person before you drew, then drawing what the person before you wrote. It's like broken telephone but with drawing, and the results are often hilarious! It's a good family game, but after the kids go to bed it can get adult pretty quickly!

Megan McC said...

I love boardgames and time with the family! It's so great to turn off the TV and just be silly together. Thanks for sharing!

Live Learn Better said...

Boardgames have always been a bonding game for me and wifey. Will look into this one too.

debora sousa said...

amazing ideias to have a great familt time! thanks

Mary said...

These look like a blast! I can't WAIT til my babes are old enough for board games!

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

We love board games. I think my grandson would enjoy Googly Eyes.

melissarumao said...

loved tour writing! will play this one soon

Ashli Ferguson said...

I love board games - but I don't know if we could play the word search one hahaha my husband is so good at them I'd prolly get mad and quit! haha

Folabest said...

These board games look so amazing but am addicted to Candy Crush and Dream League.

Anonymous said...

I love these board games! I may have to buy the Word Search one...as it kind of reminds me of Boggle and that was one of my favorite games to play with my grandma as a kid!

Angienh86 said...

These sound so fun! I’m going to have get that googly eyes game for thanksgiving this year!

Yonnah M said...

That word search game seems really fun for a game night. Great review.

The Sunny Side said...

Word search looks awesome-- even without kids! I live for games and am pretty sure I'll be a big hit when i'm old and working the retirement communities! ha

Ayanda said...

I absolutely love board games. We have a board game every week. I'm definitely going to look into getting word search. It looks very fun to play. Thank you for the recommendation.

Monidipa said...

Here's something we don't see very often these days… it's a toy that doesn't require an app or a user account in order to use it.

Unknown said...

These look like fun games! My little one would especially love the googly eyes game as she loves to draw!

Binge on Basics said...

I love playing board games because they are so much fun

@Online Nutmegger said...

Never heard about this game before. So it's new for me. My friends loves to play board games. I will suggest this one to them. Thanks for sharing.

Ivan Jose said...

Wonderful ideas for a family bonding. I can't wait for my son to grow up so we can play these.

Samar said...

My cousin is going to love this one.

thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great ideas for game night!

Glorious Heights said...

Oh I would love to try some of these thanks for sharing

vaishali said...

Wordsearch seem like something that my family would enjoy

Ishani Nath said...

Board games sounds very interesting. One of the best ways to bring the family together and spend some quality time. Loved reading the post.

Shirin said...

I love to play board games, nice ideas, than you

Aakanksha said...

Love your writing..might give this boardgame a try.

The Amazing Tea Company said...

We love word games, especially as a family. Board games are a dying art. More families need to rediscover them.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to introduce game nights with my son when he is old enough to play! These games mentioned in your post seem like they'd be ideal in creating memories.

Sheena Moncatar said...

Wordsearch seems fun! I want to have this in my life. LOL. I just love word games. I play word games on the internet but as much as possible I want to avoid staring at my laptop for a long time.

Luna Moon said...

It is indeed a lot of fun, and can get a little crazy!

Ladystitch said...

These look like fun! I want that word search game!

Unknown said...

Googly eyes looks like a bunch of fun.