Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Purina Muse cat food review with Chewy.com!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Chewy for the review  free of charge.**


There are a few surefire ways to tell if your pet is spoiled, it could be a giant pile of toys or it could be getting fancy foods. This post is about the latter and a rather special box of cat food Aleister received from Chewy. We received the Purina Muse creatables variety wet food pack which retails for $22.24. As always my shipping was extremely quick, I ordered on the morning of the 7th and I received my package the following evening.



This variety pack comes with four bags of crunchy bites, six pouches of gravy sauce and six containers of tender filets. It also comes with a small recipe book which you can use to customize your cats meals or you can customize your own. If you follow along with the recipe book two of them will include just the sauce and meat, however if your cat prefers it mixed in with dry food you can always cut the dry food portions in half or add it to the dry food you already have on hand.


All of the food in this pack is grain free and made with real fish + poultry, there are no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives and it is also free of corn, wheat and soy. Each item can be used together or you can give them to your cat as a treat or meal topper such as adding the sauce to their favorite food. For it being cat food it doesn't smell all that bad and if you were to just look at the meat cups without knowing it was cat food, you could mistake it for just a cup of shredded taco chicken. Aleister has been getting a bit of the royal treatment and won't eat it until everything is stirred up to his liking which gives us a chuckle. By the way is tail swishes from side to side as he eats and from the noises he makes while eating, we can tell he has a fondness for this cat food.

This pack is easy to use and Aleister is eager to try each of the flavors included in the pack. Price wise I don't think it is too bad if the pouches are spaced out a bit, though if you use all three pouches together as a meal you'll get six meals which comes out to about $3.66 a meal which can be a bit much on the wallet after a while. Aleister has enjoyed this brand quite a bit but I think we will stick with something a little more wallet friendly for now.

Do you have any pets? If yes, have you tried out Chewy.com? Their prices are pretty great and shipping is quick plus their product selection is massive. If no, what type of pet would you like to have if you could?


45 comments:

Junaid Iqbal Mohammed Memon said...

Thanks for this ideas, this is what I need today!

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Great thanks for the review. Now I know what to buy in case I get a pet cat.

Tanyi Melvis Bechemnyo said...

Thanks for the review. Chewy is a great brand. I'll try this muse pack for my cat

Unknown said...

I should share this review with my friend who owns a cat. He will love this product. :)

Lauren | My Favorite Job Title Is Mom said...

I have two cats, but I've never tried Chewy.com. I have heard good things about them and their shipping and customer service though.

Scott DeNicola said...

Chewy.com is awesome for any pet need. Glad you are giving them the props they deserve. More people should be using Chewy.com!

Johnny Quid said...

I may have to check out Chewy.com for my kitty. Joan Jett is pretty content with Friskies seafood pate, but I'd really like to get her something that's a bit healthier. We used to feed her Newman's but she was picky and wouldn't eat it (she's pretty rock n roll).

Candace said...

I always see those Chewy advertisements in the subways in NYC. I think I might give them a try after reading this review.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Chewy. You can't beat their subscription prices, and delivery is always right on time!

Folabest said...

This review is highly great. Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay Rae said...

Great review! I've never tried Chewy, but I think we might have to after you mentioning that the smell isn't too bad. That is my biggest gripe about cat and dog food, the smell! We will have to check this brand out!

Yonnah M said...

I have not tried chewy.com. I have a cat, so I need to try it one of these days. Great review, thanks.

StrongIslandSocial said...

I’m sure cat lovers everywhere would enjoy a review on Purina Muse. You give a lot of great reasons for why someone would want their cat to eat this. Keshia Richmond

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE Chewy.com. Their customer service is unsurpassed, and having my pet food delivered right to my door makes life so much easier!

Nina Nichols said...

This cat is INDEED spoiled! You're absolutely right that you can tell pets are spoiled when they get pile of toys and food just like our chihuahuas. Every time my husband goes to store, he grabs another treat!

Live Learn Better said...

Great post and information. I will pass it along to a friend who has 4 cats.

Melody said...

Great review. I no longer have a cat but I'm going to share the information with some friends. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Andrea (2oddravens) said...

First, I'd like to say that I have heard nothing but great things about Chewy! 2nd, Aleister is a handsome gentleman! I'd love to get our cat something a bit healthier, but she definitely likes what she likes!

Tracy @ Cleland Clan said...

We don't have a cat, but two of our kids do. I'll have to tell them about Chewy.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

My cat is spoiled rotten! He’s kind of a jerk because of it too. Lol. But we overlook that part because he’s so cute. I’ll have to give Chewy a try. From your review and many of the comments, it sounds great.

Swagata Sen @RightsofEquality said...

Thank you for sharing the review. I don't have a cat but know what to buy in case I have one.

Maysz said...

This review was really great now I will find this Chewy.com food! for my cat :) thanks for sharing

aisasami said...

This is amazing for cat lovers. Cats will love this too!

Matija said...

Great review, but judging by my friends cat, that fluff ball was probably a queen in her past life because she only wants to eat the best food that is available, they tried with Whiskas, and other brands but nope xD unless it's cooked or steamed, the cat won't touch it xD

myweethought said...

That's an amazing review! Will recommend this to all my cat lovers friends.. :)

Travelwisesr said...

Wonderful review.So very useful for cat owners.

The Sunny Side said...

Your cat is spoiled for sure! (No judgement, so is my dog!)

This Love Filled Life - Kim said...

I love Chewy! We use it for our dog food! Thanks for sharing.

Diana said...

I will try this for my heather. My cat! We use some organic stuff but I think I want to ween and switch.

Nina Nichols said...

I heard a lot of good reviews about this company. We haven't tried it yet because my husband hoards food for our pets from every store he visits. lol

@Online Nutmegger said...

Beautiful cat. Loves to have a cat as my pet. Informative post for all the cat lovers. Thanks for sharing.

Urban Wows said...

I wish we get these products in India as well Soon. Purina Muse cat food looks promising

Anonymous said...

Don't have cats except for strays but will pass this along to my cousins!

Samar said...

This is one of the most interesting blog that I have read about purina muse cat food

Thanks for sharing.

Monét Hardaway said...

I’ll have to share this with my cat owner friends!

chadden2001 said...

I only have a dog but I'll pass this along to the neighbor as she has three cats and probably could do with something new.

prabashi said...

Oh I am
Glad they are shipping. I recently got a cat. I wonder if the brand of the food mattered for him not to eat. I’m gonna try chewy and see

Sheela Khadgi said...

I don't have pets but when I do, I will definitely check it out.

Elizabeth O said...

Thanks for sharing your review for this product. I don't cats yet but I know many have and this review will help them

Glorious Heights said...

I don’t own a cat but I’ll share the reviews with my friends 👍🏻

Luna Moon said...

They have one of the best shipping speeds I've ever experienced with an online company!

Ladystitch said...

I don't have pets, but if I did I would totally order from chewy.

beautyfoodymom said...

Okay definitely saving this for when hurricane season comes and we’re stuck in the house

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cat, his fur is such a nice color. Chewy sounds great.

Anonymous said...

This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! pet food reviews