Wednesday, January 1, 2014

SinfulColors Holiday Tinsel & Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats Review

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by SinfulColors for the review  Free of charge.****

Everyone that knows me personally knows that I am not a big glitter fan, It gets everywhere and is usually hard to wash off the one exception I have to my "No Glitter" rules is Nail Polish [And some Eyeshadow/Eye liners]. I see glitter in polish and I automatically want it, I was recently sent an email about the two new lines from SinfulColors and was attracted to the glitter so I agreed to a review. The first line is called Holiday Tinsels.Bring on the bling! These Holiday Tinsel shades from SinfulColors offer a festive flourish that's worth celebrating. Each holiday-inspired shade is infused with glitter that gives nails a just-tinseled touch. Choose from six shimmery shades for all-out shine. Last but not least their second line is called Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats.These glitter shades are designed to be worn over any SinfulColors nail polish to add extra bling to any look. Holiday Tinsel & Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoat, cost $1.99 exclusively at Walgreens for Holiday 2013.



The Tinsel line includes the following colors: Silver Rainbows: Slivers of silver,Spiked Ice: Black dazzle,Pink Icicles: Confetti concoction,Cold As Ice: Winter white,Tinsel Town: Blue sparkle,Gold Tinsel: The gift of gold. All colors can be seen above.



The Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats include the following colors: 24 Karat: Gold Gilt,Diamonds Are Forever: Silver confetti,Top Me Off: Prismatic Frills,Girls Best Friend: Pink Baubles,Sapphired Up: Turquoise glitz,Glittery in Pink: Psychedelic Blush. All colors from this line can be seen above.


For my review I received Silver Rainbows: Slivers of silver,Spiked Ice: Black dazzle,Girls Best Friend: Pink Baubles & 24 Karat: Gold Gilt. My favorite out of the four I received is the 24 Karat: Gold Gilt it is a very capturing color it shimmers but looks matte at the same time I could get lost looking at it all day perfect for any Egyptian look. My second favorite is the Silver Rainbows: Slivers of silver which is perfect for Parties, New Years, or any other celebration it has large chunks of Silver "Tinsel" which really pops on the nail. The Girls Best Friend: Pink Baubles is perfect to use as a top coat or by itself, I noticed that the bigger glitter chunks in the  Silver Rainbows: Slivers of silver & Spiked Ice: Black dazzle should only be used as a top coat in my opinion, They look best over another color. Sadly I didn't like Spiked Ice: Black dazzle as much as I thought I would, it was too Chunky for me and the "Tinsel" felt like small pieces of chopped up brush hairs in my polish it made me cringe to touch. I know not everyone will have the same option on these polishes or any polishes for that matter as everyone else, so you may love this polish and are upset I don't like it but please remember this is only my personal opinion not anyone else. I plan on looking for the Sapphired Up: Turquoise glitz at my local Walgreens wish me luck that they aren't all gone already! Which of the colors above is your favorite? Below are some Swatches I took of the polish on Black Plastic nails. 



The pink nail has Spiked Ice: Black dazzle over it, The Orange nail has Silver Rainbows: Slivers of silver over it. The Second & Third nails are 24 Karat: Gold Gilt & Girls Best Friend: Pink Baubles. Feel free to follow SinfulColors on Twitter or Facebook to keep updated on all of their new upcoming shades.

12 comments:

Karla said...

Top Me Off is pretty! I love nail polish!

Irina G. said...

Would love to try SinfulColors nail polishes.
24 Karat looks beautiful!

Tiffany said...

I love girls best friend!!!

Petra said...

Spiked Ice looks very pretty. I'll have to look for that one

Sally said...

I love nail polish and these are very beautiful colors thank you for the review I will definitely be getting some of these!!

Unknown said...

Sinful Colors just gets better all the time and I love how affordable they are. 24 karat looks amazing!

Unknown said...

You can't beat the price of sinful colors! I get 'em at Walmart and Walgreens. LOVE em!!

Unknown said...

I love their price and I am liking how that 24 karat looks

Unknown said...

i love glittery in pink!!!

Unknown said...

I don't have any of those glitters but Silver Rainbows looks gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Sapphired Up is gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

i like the second line colors,and i think glittering colors look nice!