Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Reduce plastic waste with Viori hair care bars!

 

I have always been curious about shampoo & conditioner bars so when I was given the chance to work with Viori on a review, I was excited & looked forward to trying them out. Why go with a bar instead of a traditional bottle? This is a great way to help cut back on waste, not only from the amount of plastic that is saved but you'll be able to save some of the product itself as it can be a pain to get 100% of the product out of the bottle. They currently offer three different scents & one unscented option for their bars, they also sell body wash & bamboo bar holders. 

I was gifted a bamboo bar holder along with one shampoo bar + one conditioner bar in the scent Citrus Yao. The products are 100% Vegan, cruelty-free, ethically sourced, plastic-free and sustainable. The bars are $18 each for a one time purchase or you can set up a subscription to get the bars at a discounted price. So we've covered the basics, let's get down to the actual review. The bars are made using traditional longsheng rice water which is purchased directly from the Red Yao women in China.


The bars smell lovely, the scent is well balanced & not overwhelming. It works exactly how a normal bar of soap would, you can get it started by running it under the water then rubbing it in between your hands, or simply apply the bar directly to your hair by rubbing it in small circular motions around your scalp. I find that the shampoo bar suds really well & only a little is needed to get a good application, however I find the conditioner much harder to get a good application. I do not know if it is just due to the different formulas or the shape of the bar. I generally only use shampoo every so often, because my hair always gets extremely puffy & frizzy after I use it and generally seems to do better with just conditioner. However that is not the case with this shampoo. It does give my hair a slight amount of volume, but it still looks good & styled after using this hair care combo instead of just looking messy. My hair can get a bit oily and this has been a big help with that as well. The scent of the bars will stay in your hair for two days or so and even after it fades, your hair will still feel clean.


I have used these bars several times now & it hasn't made a large dent in the bars. I can see these lasting for quite some time which hopefully will also help down costs if you are not buying shampoo & conditioner as often. If you are looking for a new routine for your hair & want to start cutting back on waste this company is a great starting point. 

Disclaimer-  Viori provided the product above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

These hair bars are so clever! We are always on the lookout for products which reduce waste and this is a great option. Stephanie

alita said...

This is such an eco-friendly choice! I cannot wait for mine to arrive.

Beth said...

I love to try out sustainable products! Most shampoo and conditioner comes in plastic bottles, and that’s a big problem.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hhhhmmmm...I haven't used a shampoo bar in a while. The last one I used really had a good scent I fell in love with. I look forward to using this one, too.

Stephanie said...

I've always wanted to try shampoo and conditioner bars, too. I have been hesitant since my hair is picky but I do love the idea of cutting out the plastic bottles. I just buy my shampoo in the biggest bottle possible to last as long as it can.

Monidipa said...

Your article on reducing plastic waste with Viori hair care products was a great read! I appreciate your commitment to eco-friendly alternatives and your thorough review of the shampoo and conditioner bars. Your writing style was engaging and made the content very enjoyable. Keep it up!

Gervin Khan said...

This shampoo and conditioner bar looks great, such an awesome idea! Totally love the packaging too, it's so minimalist with style!

Mila Osman said...

I love finding sustainable, eco-friendly alternatives to what I would normally buy in the grocery store. I'm most interested in trying out soap - but shampoo and conditioner would be an easy hack too!

Maryann D. said...

I have never heard of Viori hair care bars before this. I would really like to try it.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Nicole Bertrand said...

I don't think I've ever heard of shampoo bars but it makes sense! I'll have to check out my local grocery store to see what I can try out!

Nyxie said...

I love hair and body bars. I've been using both for a while now and just find them so much better for my skin than regular bottled wash. And my hair even feels healthier.

Live Laugh Love said...

These products smell amazing and my first time using a shampoo bar it was pretty neat and very different.

Heather Swanson said...

Love to try very interesting

Levi Ackerman said...

Very innovative, I love it! Those bamboo holders are adorable too <3