Friday, March 10, 2023

Wireless Motion sensor cat fountain by Uah Pet!

 

As a pet owner I am always on the lookout for new products my pets may enjoy, one of the things I have been thinking about getting for my cat lately is a cat fountain. A lot of cats like drinking from a running water source such as a sink faucet or shower & my cat is no expectation to that. At the moment we just have a normal bowl for water near their food dish, but I thought if we had a water dish that offered filtered running water it might encourage my cat to drink more water. So when I was given the chance to work with Uah Pet to review their wireless automatic cat water fountain, I knew I had to say yes. This cat fountain can be purchased directly on their website or through Amazon, & you can get a discount on it by using code "LUNAUAH15" during checkout to get 15% off  your Amazon purchase or "LUNAUAH20" to get 20% through their website. The fountain is currently at $39.99 on Amazon (at the time of writing this review 3/9/23). 

The instructions for the initial set up & charge were simple and easy to follow. We let it charge for the required amount of time & gave the filter a pre-soak prior to setting everything up. All of the pieces clicked together easily and quickly, so set up was a breeze. Some of the bonuses I noticed right away when placing this down is; It isn't easy to tip over, even if your cat put their front paws onto this to drink it won't tip over so there is no worry about spills. It is battery operated & according to the website it will run for up to 120 days on a single charge, We've only had it set up for a few days so I can not 100% confirm this however I haven't noticed any drops in the battery charge yet and have had no issues with it. Being able to charge this separately from the fountains means there are no wires leading to the fountain so there is no risk of your pet chewing on the wire, tripping over a wire or other wire related hazards. 

I also like that it is taller so pets won't have to lean down as far to get a drink of water, my cat seems to enjoy that it is at chest level. There are also two different modes you can set this to, the first is a motion sensor which will detect your cat from 5-8 inches away, it could be due to how open our kitchen is but I have found it to be a little more sensitive than  that & it can detect me from further than eight inches away. The second setting will release water every fifteen minutes which can further help keeping the water circulating & filtered allowing for cleaner water. It does make a very soft noise when on, but most people won't notice it, the only reason I did was I happened to be in the kitchen when it was extremely quiet in the house and could make out the slight noise it made. It holds quite a bit of water as well, so if you go on vacation for a few days you can be sure your furry friend will have plenty of water.

It may take your furry friend a few days to get used to the new fountain, but once they get the hang of it and realize what it is they will start to use it more. My big guy took a little bit to get used to the new fountain in his food area, but seems to be getting used to it now and I've seen him use it a few times. Over all this fountain feels like it will be a great fit in our home! If you feel like your cat could benefit from a fountain like this, or you have a cat that doesn't like drinking from bowls this is a great option to look into. If you aren't in the market for a cat fountain, but want to see what else Uah Pet has to offer they also sell grooming tools, toys, and more for both cats & dogs so check out their website or look them up on amazon.

Disclaimer- Uah Pet provided me with the product mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

15 comments:

Beth said...

This is such a great idea! I have a friend whose cat absolutely refuses to drink water from a regular bowl. She has to leave the faucet dripping!

Samantha Donnelly said...

TThis is so good and something I would have considered when I had my cats

Jupiter Hadley said...

Ohh we have a water fountain but it is not motion activated. That sounds like a good upgrade and a better feature - especially as ours is always running!

Lisa said...

This is a great invention for your cats! I don't have one but I would get this fountain for them if I did!

Chad said...

We do have a water fountain that keeps on running. But for some reason, our cat stopped drinking from it, he now drinks from a bowl of water.

Tammy said...

This is a great idea actually! And it looks nice too. Thanks for sharing all about this!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

My cat loves to drink from a running tap, so I think she would really benefit from a cat fountain too. It looks great

Melanie Edjourian said...

This sounds like a really good product. The fountain would be useful for my parent's cat. I'm glad that it's easy to set up and use.

Anonymous said...

This wireless fountain looks like a great product for all pets, especially cats. I need to gift one to my bestie who has a cute cat :)

Everything Enchanting ❤️

Celebrate Woman said...

Pet fountains are so important for our cat's health. And constantly rotating water is a healthy way to ensure a fresh water at any moment of time for the kitty.

Paula Richie said...

I like instructions that are simple and easy to follow. Always good.

@Paula Richie

rhian westbury said...

We have a fountain like this for our cats which is always circulating water and it definitely has been encouraging them to drink more. Then we just turn it off at the mains if we're ever away and they're at the cattery x

StarTraci said...

Having two kitties, I think this is brilliant. We often have left the tap on because they like running water but I hate the waste. This is a great solution.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! My cats would knock the water bowls over sometimes so this is a great idea! - Yaya

melissa cushing said...

This is great and love that it turns on when he is near! Love that and will have to check this one out as my cat needs a new fountain. Love it!