Friday, March 24, 2023

Tyrannostorus - Visit the dinosaur themed store in Mesa,AZ!

 


We recently had a dinosaur filled afternoon when we went to Jurassic Quest live, but that wasn't the only dinosaur themed stop we made that day. We have a dinosaur themed store in Mesa that I've been wanting to check out, so while we were in the area we stopped by on our way home. I also love the dinosaur pun name the store has, it is called Tyrannostorus and it is located at 1816 W Baseline Road Mesa,AZ 85202 it is located near where the loop 101 & US 60 meet. This store has a lot to offer, even if you just go to look you'll see a ton of awesome products & I could honestly spend a fortune here given the chance. Not only is Tyrannostorus a store, but it also feels like a mini museum. I do enjoy dinosaurs, but I originally wanted to stop here because I saw online that they have a selection of framed butterflies & insects, so being a collector I wanted to see what they had to offer & I was pretty happy with their selection.


This store is packed! Everything is well organized and has it's own section that it is sorted into. They have framed butterflies and critters as mentioned above, fossils, mine your own gem bags, replicas, stuffed plushies, purses, local treats, and more. There wasn't a section of the store where I didn't spot something I would want to buy. One of my favorite parts is for gem collectors & small children who like hands on activities, you can purchase a bag of sand which contains gems and use their mining station located in the middle of the store to see which gems you ended up with. While we were in the store there was a family who had purchased a bag & there was a friendly and knowledgeable staff member assisting them & telling them all about the gems in their bag. They also have a fossil dig inside of the store that kids can do. Depending on your budget they have small bags starting at $4.99 all the way up to a 25lb kit that cost $79.99. Price wise it depends on what you are shopping for, some products are average/normal and some products I found to be a big higher than other spots I visit for similar items. The store also offers birthday party packages & private party events that come with a number of take home products. 


When you check out you can also be added to a mailing list to receive future discounts/coupons to use in the store & the staff were great. The store has an open layout so it makes it easy to browse without running into other customers. We got lucky when we stopped by & there were only four other guests in the store, you can check them out on google to find when their slower times are if you don't want to deal with a larger crowd.  The giant dinosaur skulls they have on display in the middle of the store are also pretty cool to see. I did not work together with this store on a review, this is just a spot we visited & wanted to share with my readers as we all enjoyed our visit. If you live in Arizona or plan on visiting, feel free to check out my "Things to do in Arizona" section by clicking on the link in this post or the link on the right hand side of my blog to find more cool stores, restaurants, activities & more! 

27 comments:

Desserts With Stephanie said...

This park looks like a blast and I know my kids would love it. They are dinosaur obsessed!

Monidipa said...

I loved reading about your adventure at the dinosaur-themed park! The descriptions of the different exhibits and activities were so vivid, I felt like I was there with you.



Chad said...

That is so so cool! I would love to spend a few days there with my kids, that would be amazing...

Anonymous said...

Now THIS place just looks cool! My family and I have been to Arizona in I couldn’t even tell you how long! This might me a reason to go back! Thanks so much for sharing!

-Whitney Stewart

Stephanie said...

This sounds like such a cool store! My boys would want everything in there.

Abiodun said...

What a cool store! I'm particularly intrigued by the gems. They are so pretty, and would love to add to my collection! Will have to visit next time I go to Arizona.

Becky, Cuddle Fairy said...

What an ideal store for any dinosaur lover. It looks quite educational as well which is great And I'd love to visit those huge crystals!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Oh wow! What an amazing shop! My kids would love it. I have never been to Arizona before but I really want to.

Lisa said...

What a fun place for the kids. I know my niece would like to see this.

Melanie Edjourian said...

The store sounds fantastic. It's perfect for anyone that loves dinosaurs like my son. I think we would easily spend a small fortune in there.

Christianforemost.com said...

This is such a cool shop! I bet I'll be buying lots of unique items here if I visit

Anonymous said...

What an awesome looking store. I'll definitely have to visit if I am ever close by x

Beth said...

The store is great! My kids would love to visit such a place.

alita said...

Indeed, this store is packed with everything my kids love. I wish we live closeby though.

Nyxie said...

I was a dinosaur kid so this is right up my street! I wish we had something similar local. Now that I'm an adult with my own disposal income, it would be very dangerous to let me roam free!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnnniiiicccceeeee....this is my jam! I long to see the tyrannostorus up close. It always fascinates me learning all these things about it. I shall be visiting here, some day.

Tammy said...

Looks like a really cool place to visit with the family especially the little ones. Gift shops are always fun to stop by afterwards too ^_^

Marysa said...

What a neat place to explore; so unique! Lots of great goodies to check out there.

Amber said...

This looks like an awesome store. I am sure my kids and I could get lost in there for hours.

mail4rosey said...

This is right up our alley. I have four dinosaur loving grandkiddos. :)

Chloe Arnold said...

oh my goodness my boys would LOVE this! We aren't too far- since we're in southern california. We night ahve to make the trip over sometime!

Paula Richie said...

I hope enjoyed themselves during your dinosaur filled afternoon when you went to Jurassic Quest live.

Neely said...

My son would absolutely LOVE this! What a fun experience!

Prajakta said...

That is such a fantastic store and my son would love it. I just wish it was closer to our place.

Zab Zaria said...

I'm so impressed! Taking my kids there would be so much fun.

Nish said...

My son is a huge fan of dinosaurs. He would simply love this place! I wish I could show it to him!

Heather Swanson said...

Love to see the minerals