Wednesday, March 22, 2023

STMT DIY Geode Canvas Review!

 


Summer is quickly approaching which means the kids will be out of school & looking for things to do, that is where Horizon Group USA comes in. They have several different product lines that offer engaging craft kits for kids of all ages, and best of all most of the kits cost under twenty dollars. I have a few kits I will be sharing with you soon, but today I will be focusing on the STMT D.I.Y Geode Canvas kit which can be bought from amazon for $19.99 it can also be bought at retail stores such as Target, Walmart, Craft stores, Etc. This kit is for ages 14+ which I recommend sticking close to the age range if they are doing it on their own, otherwise if you will be supervising children slightly younger can do this kit as well.




The geode canvas is a resin pouring kit, it can get a little messy so make sure you are using proper protection over your work space. I laid down a table cloth & we also used one of the plastic pieces the kit is packaged in to do the actual pouring over so no drips were on our workspace or table. The kit comes with three different colors of paint, a paint brush, glitter, glass crystals, a canvas, plastic gloves, resin parts A & B along with stirring sticks. You will still need some mixing bowls or cups, a pencil & something to protect your workspace. I recommend using disposable cups or bowls to get mix the resin.

Instead of going with a traditional geode look my daughter went with a design from one of her favorite anime, the project turned out a bit messy but she had a lot of fun doing the project. The steps are easy to follow & the colors included in the kit are nice. Even with the resin on the canvas, the canvas still remains light weight.

Disclaimer- Horizon Group USA provided the product above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

19 comments:

Becky, Cuddle Fairy said...

I love how creative your daughter is. She made such a cool design. This is a fun kit, I'd love to make it myself!!

Anonymous said...

This looks like such a fun project. I love kits as they include everything to finish a project. Thank you for the suggestion!

Debbie

Cinny said...

OH neat, that looks like a really fun art project. That is a kit I think my preschooler would love.

alita said...

What a cool design. I love fun projects like this one.

Beth said...

This is something my kid needs. Spring break is here and we need something creative to do.

Celebrate Woman said...

What a beautiful way to create! And also to gift. I adore this creation with gems and beautiful colors.

AscendingButterfly said...

This looks fun for a slumber party! I bet my nieces would love to do this one.

Lisa said...

This looks like a cool crafts activity, I wouldn’t mind trying it for myself.

mail4rosey said...

I have a 15 year old. I think this would be fun.

Fransic Verso said...

This is great art and loves how you made it. Thank you for sharing this lovely art.

Monidipa said...

I stumbled upon your blog post about the DIY Geode Canvas and found it fascinating. Your review was thorough and informative. I'm curious to know, did you enjoy making the canvas? And would you recommend it to others? Looking forward to your response!

Lavanda Michelle said...

I absolutely think that this craft activity would be ideal for my nieces during spring break - we're all looking for some exciting and imaginative projects to keep us entertained! The activity looks so cool and captivating, I'm sure my nieces will absolutely love it - and honestly, I wouldn't mind trying it out myself!

Tammy said...

What a cute art kit! Love projects like this that inspire creativity...the colours are so pretty too!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Hhhmmm....may I say that I love this kind of messy art? I am not sure if it's just luck on her side but the colouring at the bottom of the project blended perfectly. So good.

Rose Ann Sales said...

Wow! This looks like a really great and wonderful art kit! My kids are going to love this for sure!

Annette, 3 Little Buttons said...

What a fab craft kit. Love the final effect your daughter has managed to create. Gorgeous!

Zab Zaria said...

It looks like a great kit for those who like this. Kids would definitely love it

Levi Ackerman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marysa said...

This is such a neat idea for a craft kit. I would personally enjoy trying this!