Friday, October 14, 2022

Body Exfoliation just got easier with MicrodermaMitt

 

Exfoliating can help make quite the difference in your skin, plus it can help prevent ingrown hairs from shaving. A company called MicrodermaMitt wants to help make exfoliating easier + faster so they created a unique mitt designed to help remove dead skin cells from the top layer of your skin.  Have you ever noticed that when you are drying off after a shower & rub your towel back and forth in one spot that you can see the dead skin coming off? This works the same way, you will use this mitt in a motion that helps create a small amount of friction to help exfoliate. The mitts cost $30 via their website or $26.99 on amazon. 

It came with instructions on how to use this & that it needs to be washed with water then air dried before your first use. When needed you can hand wash it in the sink with some water & soap, which I did however I didn't like how this smelled when I first received it so I threw it into the wash. I let it air dry after & it is still in the condition it is supposed to be in. Some beauty & skincare products can seem a little gimmicky such as those clear pimple patches, but end up working amazing, so I was curious to see how well this actually works. 

I am impressed with the results! Using the right amount of pressure & getting used to the best motion to use, you'll start to see instant results in the form of all the dead skin coming off. Yes you'll be able to physically see it, it can be a little gross but also pretty satisfying knowing your skin will be softer after. My skin can be a little sensitive sometime so even with a light amount of pressure certain areas of my body such as my chest & neck will be slightly pink/red after using this, however it doesn't last long. The mitt I received is a body mitt which is good for all over, but I found it can be a little rough on the face so if you want something specifically for your face they sell a mitt that is just for your face & is a little softer. It would be neat to have a mitt that is more like a glove that you can slip on for a snug fit as the mitt is a little large so I usually end up using one corner of the mitt on most my body. 

For the best results they recommend using this 1-2 times a week, I like using this before I shave. The mitts are dermatologist recommended & they are also hypoallergenic which is a big plus. If you'd like to learn more information they have a great FAQ page that covers exactly how the mitt works, how to use it & more. I look forward to adding this product to my weekly skin care routine & enjoy using it, the results with this have been better than several body scrubs I've used in the past. 

Disclaimer- MicrodermaMitt provided the products above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

4 comments:

Melissa Greene said...

I could use this for my legs, I will look to see if they have a mitt just for legs.

Chrissy said...

This is a must try! Our skin surely needs some pampering and one way is getting this done all over, hopefully I won't get skin allergies as sometimes I do especially if the product is not good to my skin!

our home kong said...

smooth skin is great for a self love pamper day :) this would be good for the legs!

Lyosha said...

sounds like a must-try to me. My skin could totally use some extra moisture