Friday, October 21, 2022

Sprout & Blossom Kids Gardening Subscription Box!


Sprout & Blossom is a company based out of Redlands, California that offers a monthly gardening activity class for anyone who lives in the area & even if you aren't in the area, you can still participate by signing up for their monthly subscription box that allows you to complete the activities in the comfort of your own home. Each box comes with five to seven activities & is geared towards children ages three to ten years old. You can purchase a onetime box for $48.90 or get a small discount for buying a longer subscription. Every box includes a craft, a book, a gardening or science activity, links to educational videos, & a free gift from a small business/etsy shop. 


For this review my nine-year-old son was the one who used the box & completed the activities inside. One of the crafts had you make a worm "mud" pile by using the brown paint included to paint a paper plate, then use glue & nature items you've found in your yard to create a home or playground for the fake worms included in the kit. My son opted out of gluing the worms down so he could still play with them after. His only negative comment on that craft was that the paint being in a zip block bag made it a little difficult to get the paint out properly using the paint brush, we ended up cutting the bag in half & doing a smash paint type of motion with the baggie itself. 


Our gardening craft was to plant some peas! I love that everything needed for this is included we were given a baggie of soil, a planter, lava rocks to help irrigate the bottom of the planter, three pea seeds and a popsicle stick that says "peas" to use as a marker. My kids enjoy gardening so this was an activity he enjoyed & was excited to watch the peas grow to see how big we can get them to grow. As you can see above, it is already growing quite well. However, you may need to remind them to water it, my kids might like gardening, but they often forget to water the plants & I end up doing it to keep everything alive. 

The science-based project was to create some colorful wiggling worms/caterpillars using markers, water & paper towels. You'll need some markers, some water & a bowl or plate to place your critters. This is a fun little activity I have seen online before but haven't done with the kids yet, so we had fun with this. You'll wrap the paper towels around a straw, then scrunch it up & slide it off which will leave you with a small caterpillar looking critter. Once you add a few drops of water to it, the critter will start to expand and wiggle. This is particularly fun for small kids to watch & participate in. 

It also came with a number of paper activities to get your kids brains active & engaged while they learn and have fun. The book is a nice addition, I am always encouraging my kids to read more so I love that the owner includes a book that has to do with the theme of the month. Also included is one or more free gifts, our box game with some stickers that smell like cherries (it smells so good), a magnet that looks like corn & a stuffed veggie toy. 

This is a cute subscription that I think would be good for any kids interesting in gardening or for parents who do home schooling as this could help fill in some extra activities & hands on learning for the month. You can do everything in the box in one day or you can spread them out to get the most out of your box.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Sprouts & Blossom for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

19 comments:

Beth said...

This is such a great way to get kids excited about STEM and the natural world. I love this idea!

Dr. Elise Ho said...

This is such a great idea. If kids were into gardening from a young age THEY WOULD GROW UP AND TAKE BETTER CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT.

Anonymous said...

How cute does this look! My daughter would love something like this

Lyosha said...

it must be so fun for kids or city-raised adults. I think I would LOVE such a kit for when my baby is older.

Stephanie said...

This is such a great idea for a subscription box! I like that it teaches something as practical as gardening to kids in a fun way.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

This would be a perfect Christmas gift for anyone with kids of that age range! My nephews aren't quite there, as one is too old and the other too young. But I'll certainly keep this in mind to recommend to friends with kids as the holidays are right around the corner. This subscription box looks like it would be a lot of fun.

alita said...

Gardening activities are great for the kids. It fosters creativity and is a better way to spend time rather than just playing games. It's an awesome subscription.

Sonia Seivwright said...

For a Subscription box, this is an excellent idea. Kids will love this.

Rose Ann Sales said...

Wow! This is a really great and awesome idea for a subscription box! This could be a really great gift idea!

Marysa said...

This looks like such a cool box. It is nice to have some creative things for kids to do, and this kit makes it easy.

Kat said...

This looks like a very fun gardening activity for a great bonding time with the kids. It encourages a lot of creativity and so simple at the same time.

Laura said...

I love this so much. I would sign my kids up today if we had something like this!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Nnniiccceeeee...I love gardening so much. It keeps me occupied and relaxed. I wish I lived in the vicinity to receive their box.

Fransic Verso said...

This is actually cool that it gives plants for the kids. I will try it for my little brother. It should be fun gardening for kids. Thank you for sharing!

Chad said...

That is awesome! A very interesting way to get our kids interested in gardening, that is amazing...

Tammy said...

This looks like such a fun kit for kids and adults alike. I love starting indoor gardens during the winter..such a fun way to get kids involved and inspired!

Yaya said...

I've heard of so many types of subscription boxes but this is new to me. This is super cute!

Kushigalu said...

WHat an excellent idea for subscription box. So cute

Anonymous said...

This looks like a fun idea for kids, I'd love to try it with mine.