Monday, June 20, 2022

Turn Psycho Killer into a drinking game with Bloody Mary!

Last year I found a card game that quickly become a favorite in our household, that game was called Psycho Killer by Escape Tabletop Games. I did a review on the base game which can be found by clicking HERE. We also did a review on two expansion packs that come with the game, that review can be found HERE. Now I am going to share another of their expansion packs with you that takes the base game and turns it into a fun drinking game for you & your friends. The game can get a little intense and will create a lot of laughs along the way!

The name of the expansion pack is "Blood Mary" which is quite fitting for it being a horror based game and a drinking game. You will need the base game in order to play with this expansion pack otherwise it won't work, the base game cost $29 and this expansion cost $14.95. The base game is recommended for ages 13+ for 2-6 players, however it depends on the parent, my son is nine and he loves playing this game with us. We have also played with more than six people at a time by playing with the base game and mixing in the other two expansion packs at the same time. For Bloody Mary, you can choose to play it strictly as a drinking game or you can come up with another way to play it if you aren't a drinker such as eating candies or drinking a normal drink. 

Bloody Mary will replace some of the cards in the base game so be sure to check the rules & instructions before playing. The Psycho's will be replaced with Bloody Mary and a few of the other cards will be swapped as well to turn it into the drinking game version. 

Some of the new cards in this edition include "Book of the braindead" which tells you to finish your drink in order to be able to pick up a card from the discard pile. "The Priest!" This is a fun one, it states "Each time you make the sign of the cross, the last player to copy you must take a drink". This is the first card where the other players really need to be paying attention after it is played so it adds an extra layer of intensity to the game. As you can tell with the right combination of cards you can get buzzed pretty quickly playing this game and it adds a new twist to party games. Like they always say in alcohol commercials drink responsibly, and have fun while playing the game!!

Disclaimer- Escape Tabletop Games provided a box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

20 comments:

Natasha Mairs said...

I love playing card games. This one sounds like a great one to add to my collection

Chad said...

I love it especially the name. Bloody Mary is my favorite cocktail...I will check the game for sure.

Beth said...

This sounds like a lot of fun. It's just the kind of game I loved to play when I was younger.

Cristina Petrini said...


As creepy as it is super cool a game that is impossible not to want to try!

Samantha Donnelly said...

We love games in our house, I have not heard of this game before but sounds like fun

Talya Stone said...

Oh my this looks like so much fun! I haven't played a drinking game in forever but like where you went with this...

Melanie Edjourian said...

I've not heard of the game before. It does sound like fun. I know a few friends that would really enjoy playing this.

Risa Lopez said...

That sounds so fun! Our family love games!

Lavanda Michelle said...

My besties have been wanting me to play this game since her birthday in April. I think I would enjoy it this way!

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh what a game! Haha this sounds like a fun game to play with friends at some point...love the design of the cards.

Kat said...

oof! this is something that I would be willing to do without hesitation back in my uni days - this looks like so much fund!

Brandon Sparks said...

This looks so fun...

mail4rosey said...

I know the perfect person for this game!! She will be happy to hear about it.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Such an interesting card game, one I think which would be perfect when I head out on a girls trip away. Seems like it is going to be such fun yet scary game

Stephanie LaPlante said...

This would be a fun card game to play with my siblings. We all love weird things.

Laura Linklater said...

Oh brilliant! I will add this to our list. Thanks for sharing!

Erica (The Prepping Wife) said...

I've been looking for a new card game for the holidays, and this sounds like it would be a very interesting and fun one. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time I go shopping.

Riyah Speaks said...

I’m such a horror creep fan. This is right up my alley, I’m definitely going to add this to my game collection.

WebTickets.com said...

Who does not love a good drinking game?

Jupiter Hadley said...

Oh wow, what a fun twist on this board game! It sounds great for a party.