Thursday, June 30, 2022

Monster art by Johnathan Paine.

 


At the end of May I did a review on the brand Not Another Rubber Ducky, in the review I spoke about the creator Johnathan Paine. Johnathan Paine is a 3D character artist whose name you have seen in a number of movies & may not even have realized if you aren't someone who frequently pays attention to the credits. He has worked on films such as UP, Cars, and more! Now you can own a piece of his signed artwork through his Etsy shop called Me and My Monsters. He sells a number of greeting cards & art prints featuring his creature artwork. His studio is located in Canada, but my package arrived quickly and in excellent condition. 

I recently received one of his funny zombie greeting cards & an art print of Lonely Lionel who is a creature from the black lagoon. The greeting cards are 5 x 7 with a blank interior & comes with a white envelope. The cardstock used it thick, sturdy and the print looks fabulous on the front, full of color and fine details. It looks so nice, it is almost a shame to gift it or write in it because you'll want to keep it looking the same. The back of the card has a bit of info on the artist printed on them so whomever you gift it to can learn about the artist behind the print. The zombie is a little zany which adds a lot to his personality, he looks like a zombie that you might see as the role of a pet or friend zombie in a animated movie verses just being a crazed brain eater. Your card will arrive in a protective sleeve to keep your card looking crispy, clean & vibrant ready to be gifted.

I absolutely love lonely Lionel, the art print has a lot of fine details shown within the creature itself & in the background. This print also arrived in a protective sleeve and also had a protective sheet in front of the photo so nothing rubs off onto the plastic of the protective cover. The art print looks like a photography taken under water, I had bought a frame for it, however I had bought the wrong size. Once I get a proper frame, I can't wait to have this hanging up on my wall with my other slightly spooky home decor. Inside of your package, you'll also find special instructions on how to care for your print & frame it properly, so the ink doesn't get smudged or ruined. As a bonus the print has been signed & dated. So if you are a fan of his art, or are looking for a unique gift for a loved one stop by his Etsy shop to see what he has in store for you.

Disclaimer- Me and My Monsters provided the products mentioned above for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

17 comments:

Stephanie LaPlante said...

Wow, I absolutely love this. These pictures are amazing. Now this is the kind of art I would put in my house.

Chad said...

oh wow!!! I looooove the details, amazing amazing...I will check the website.

Beth said...

Those are so cool! He has some major talent, for sure. I really love "Knock Knock!" It has a great combo of creepy and whimsy.

mail4rosey said...

Smart that instructions are included so it doesn't smudge. That would be heartbreaking to get it and inadvertantly have that happen. He's super talented.

rhian westbury said...

Oh wow I love this artwork. For some reason it reminds me of Tim Burton work a bit and he's my favourite director x

Melanie Edjourian said...

The greeting cards and print are certainly something I've not had before. I love their creativity.

Tammy said...

The art is super cool and amazing. What fantastic prints...love the colors and style.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

how cute are these! I would love to have such prints for myself. Cute, quirky and a little spooky: steals my heart away

Sissy said...

The zombie one is Super cute!

Heather Swanson said...

What a super imagination!

monique s said...

the detail on these is amazing. So cool

bn100 said...

looks cool

Riyah Speaks said...

The detail on these cards are amazing! I’m definitely going to shop his Etsy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Laura Linklater said...

Oh wow! This is just incredible... such talent!

Erica (The Prepping Wife) said...

I love Jonathan Paine's artwork. I'm definitely going to visit his Etsy shop and pick up some stuff for Christmas gifts.

Sandra D. said...

My daughter would absolutely love these.

pippirose said...

What wonderful art! The work is amazing.