Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Birdcall - One of Arizona's newest Restaurants!

 


A new restaurant just opened up their first location in Arizona & we were lucky enough to head over and see what they are all about. Birdcall is a restaurant that specializes in chicken sandwiches, chicken strips, salads & milkshakes that originally started in Colorado. The first ever location in Arizona is located at 7204 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 with a second location in Phoenix coming soon.

This restaurant is a great place to check out for anyone who wants to try new foods, and it is also a good spot for introverts who want to go out but don't really want to interact with anyone. How do they manage that? They have an automated system set up for ordering your food, and grabbing your food which cuts down how many people you need to talk with, in fact if you didn't want to talk to anyone you don't have to. When you first enter the restaurant there are four different kiosks where you will place your order, everything is set up in an easy to navigate fashion to make ordering quick & painless. Once you are finished ordering, there are cups right at the kiosk so you can take one if you ordered a drink with your meal and the screen will also instruct you on how to pick up your food. 

The kiosk will have all of the prices available directly on the screen along with the possibility of completely customizing your sandwich, you can change what kind of bun you want and all of the ingredients on the sandwich so you can add or remove anything you don't want. To pick up your food, you'll find another section beside the fountain drinks where there is a large monitor and several cubby holes. The monitor will show your name, how long of a wait your food will take & then once it gets placed into a cubby it will reflect which one it is in so you can grab it. The only time an employee had to call out a customers name to pick something up is if the customer ordered an alcoholic beverage that needed to be grabbed from the bar or the order had been sitting in the window for a longer than normal amount of time. 

My husband and I choose to leave our sandwiches how they are, but my children enjoyed having the option to change one or two things on their sandwich. We went with a gluten free bun for my son, and my daughter removed two of the items that came on the sandwich she selected. The kiosks give you the option to turn your sandwich into a meal which then allows you to add a side & a drink. Depending on your budget the sides range in price, the Brussel sprout salad is about half the price of a sandwich while the fries are only $3.14.  We ordered four meals and the total came out to $62.40 pre-tax, we were using two gift cards so to make ordering easier I placed two orders and had the receipt email to me so I could show you a break down.

We all really enjoyed the sandwich we picked out, the chicken was well cooked it was crispy yet juicy with a nice bun and an assortment of ingredients added on. The sandwich is big enough to fill you up even without a side, however if you do add on a side they have plenty to select from. We tried three different sides; fries, Birdcall tots and the shaved Brussel Sprout salad. We all agreed that the tots were pretty awesome, I'd stop by just to grab some tots! The fries were great as well, my kids aren't big fans of Brussel sprouts so my husband and I tried it out. I liked it, but would prefer it with a little less cheese and my husband thought it was perfect the way it was. Fountain drink wise, they had several store brand flavors and some regular fountain drinks, we decided to try out some of the store brand flavors. My husband and kids each found a flavor they enjoyed, I tried the one I grabbed and a sip of theirs but I personally wasn't a big fan of any of them so I will stick with normal soda choices the next time we visit. 

After you are finished with your lunch/dinner they have several milkshake flavors to order and a delicious sounding cookie! If you want to add a bit of adult spice to your milkshake they will add vodka for an extra $3 or you can purchase a mixed drink or beer from the bar area. One of the things we liked most about Birdcall is that they have two old school arcade machines that are Free to play! One of them has Mortal Combat and the other has an assortment of games, you are free to play them while waiting for your food or after you are finished. I didn't need to use the restroom while we were there, but my daughter let me know the bathrooms were quite clean & even had fancy lotion that smelled nice for you to use after washing your hands. The restaurant itself was very clean as well, a staff member was going around wiping off tables after everyone left and wished everyone a good day as they were leaving. 

I managed to get lucky & we arrived at just the right time. When we arrived there were only a few other people in the restaurant so we mostly had free reign of seat choices & I was able to snap a few photos of the inside of the restaurant without having a lot of the other guests in the photos as I always feel a little bad snapping photos of strangers that will go online. The seating area has table & chairs (which are pretty comfortable) and booths. Not too long after we got there a huge rush of people came in & almost every seat was taken so you can tell a lot of people want to stop & try it out, or are back to visit for a second time because even as I was getting up from our table with our drinks to leave someone had asked me if we were finished with our table and swooped in to grab it before someone else could. So depending on what time of day you arrive you can always opt to get your food to go if the inside of the restaurant is full or they have outside seating as well. Over all it was a great experience & the food was great. 

Disclaimer-  Birdcall provided me with two $25 gift cards for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase. 

26 comments:

Beth said...

That food looks absolutely delicious! Those sandwiches have my mouth watering.

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the place looks absolutely gorgeous! I like the design and the chairs and the Brussels sprout salad made me curious. burger looks appetizing as well. But old school arcades are the thing that would have gotten me hooked to the place and would have made a regular have I lived not far. Lovely review!

Jazmin Williams said...

This looks amazing and I love the interior design!

Victoria said...

The food looks really great and the decor is very beautiful. If I’m ever in the area, I will most definitely check this place out!

Samantha Donnelly said...

The food looks amazing, I do love eating out and trying new restaurants as well, I can see they will be very popularr

Chad said...

This looks so so good! I would love to try Birdcall next time i am in Arizona...

Anonymous said...

Those burgers look soooo good! Teamed with the milkshakes for the win. Looks like a great place to eat out at.

Tammy said...

As someone from NY I'm mostly at awe of the prices! Haha that's such a good price for going out to eat and the burgers look insanely delish! Wow wow wow...I wish I could try Birdcall!

Dan Rey said...

This sounds like a nice resto to try. The foods in the pictures makes me hungry too.

Risa Lopez said...

I love the restaurant's interior designs and the food looks so good, too.

Fransic Verso said...

This is interesting, it looks awesome and lovely place. I will keep it in mind to visit it when I go there. Thank you for sharing!

Manisha said...

The food looks delicious and the ambience so warm and nice, must visit for sure.

Jessica L said...

What a cool restaurant! I love the atmosphere, and your food pictures have my tummy growling! Yum! I will definitely have to check them out next time I'm in the area! :)

Chrissy said...

Working with a hospo industry make me salute to these owners and staff since it's not easy to have and maintain one! This is a great place in AZ, thanks for sharing :)

aisasami said...

That is super cool that the restaurant was name after an arcade game and that they had the game too! A perfect place for retro gamers with yummy food!

Knycx Journeying said...

The burger looks juicy and the restaurant looks hip and modern, thanks a lot for your recommendation and I would love to visit there some day!

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I wish there was one by me. That food looks scrum-ditily-umcious!!

Jupiter Hadley said...

Wow the food here looks so good, those tater tots look really crispy! I like the game too - what a fun idea.

Riyah Speaks said...

The food looks amazing and I love the interior design.

Britt K said...

The food looks great and I love that they have the arcade games. That's such a fun way to add a unique touch to a restaurant and make it fun for the whole family.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

I'll check back and see if they've opened up the Phoenix location this fall when I head that way. It looks like a great place to stop and eat before I head east from there, as I have a two-ish hour drive when I leave Phoenix.

Laura Linklater said...

This sounds like a great place! I love the arcade game too!

Jeannie said...

This place looks fantastic. I would love to visit and sample some of their great looking cuisine. Honestly, we have been going to the same places over and over again - not that they are not good - but a new restaurant is very welcome, especially one that serves food like you have shown us. Thanks.

bn100 said...

food looks tasty

Maryann D. said...

This looks like such a fun restaurant to visit. The food looks wonderful also!
twinkle at optonline dot net

Live Laugh Love said...

I like the restaurant name it's something different and I love a good healthy chicken sandwich. I like the atmosphere there it looks lovely & cozy.