Friday, July 1, 2022

Sips & Samples - July Review!

 


I recently received the chance to check out a subscription box from Sips and Samples, as soon as I got it open, I loved it! I've tried out quite a few subscription boxes and this has jumped to the top with some of my favorites. Every month Sips and Samples sends out a subscription box filled with some new drink products to try out along with snacks & full-sized beauty products. I was able to review the July box, it had a lot of amazing goodies a few of which I already know so it was nice to see some familiar favorites in with new products. There was a lot packed into this box, more than I was expecting. You can purchase a one-time box for $64.95 or purchase a longer subscription which gives you a slight discount each month.

My July box came with twelve products, five of them were to drink, two of them were snacks & five of them are beauty products. Let's break down what was included in the box;

Sparkling black & white teas from Trader Joes - Each box contains one black tea with peach & one white tea with pomegranate. I have not tried these as of yet, I am not always in the mood for tea, but will try to get to them soon. 

Cold brew coconut cream latte from Trader Joes - I let my husband try out this one, he wasn't a fan of it as he said it tasted like it had gone sour. We enjoyed the chance to try it, but we wouldn't buy this one in store. 

Smoothie mix from Fresh Success - We received the banana flavor mix. This is actually a product we already know & love, in fact when this arrived, I had a banana mix already in the kitchen. The kids and I love making smoothies with these for a quick treat. 

Light lemonade powder packets from Wylers - This is another product we are familiar with & have bought to use in our house. I like how easy the packets are to use and that I can toss some in my purse for when I am on the go. This box came with five packets to use. 

Cheese Crisps from Whisps - We love these in our home, we buy them frequently to eat as a snack or add onto our salads for a cheesy crunch. This was a smaller sized snack bag which is good for on the go, or a small snack at home. 

Coffee Bombs from Nudge - I enjoy drinking coffee, but I am not huge into coffee flavored snacks to I wasn't sure if I was going to like these or not. They surprised me and are actually quite delicious, both my husband and I like snacking on a few of these at a time for a little pick me up of coffee flavor. 

Handmade beach boho headbands from Scettar - This headband is beautiful; I love the floral pattern and how soft it is. It is a nice way to help keep the hair out of your face in summer, or a quick way to make a messy hair do look better. 

Mini aromatherapy balms from Scentered - What a neat little set of aromatherapy balms, this comes with six different essential oil-based balms to use for a variety of reasons. I like the tin they come in & that they can fit into your pocket. I will however be putting this into the July Beauty & the book giveaway which will be up soon as I don't see myself remembering to use this.

Natural sunscreen from Mamalu - An easy to carry around sunscreen in a solid form with a reusable tin. I like the smell of this sunscreen, the application process and carrying method are alright I think I'd prefer this in a stick form though, so I don't have to rub my hands into the tin. 

Mini moisturizing facial cleanser from Simple - I've seen the new packaging for this product a few times online & have been wanting to try it out as it is designed to help you easily get all of the product out of the package without wasting what you can't reach. This cleanser lathers well & leaves my skin feeling soft, I do wish it was a different scent though (but it won't stop me from using it).

Daisy facial toner from Beauty Papier - On looks alone this is a pretty neat product, it has actual daisy petals floating around the inside of the bottle like small dancing fairies. As with the product above I haven't tried this out quite yet as I don't like opening too many cleansing products at once, so I will use this once my other toner is finished. 

Overall, I am pretty happy with the collection of products this subscription box came with. The boxes are just under $65 a box which can seem a little pricey when read or said out loud, so is the box really worth it? I went through each of the products included in this to find out how much they retail for, give or take a few dollars based on where you purchase all of these products from the total retail cost of these products came out to $96. So, you are saving about $31 if you were to outright buy all of these products. This box is a nice way to treat yourself to a nice surprise if you don't get to splurge on yourself often, I enjoyed the nice variety I received & was happy I didn't end up with random stuff I wouldn't use. 

Head over to their website to learn more about their great subscription box, see pasts boxes or sign up to receive their next box. They also have an option to build your own box based off of extra inventory they currently have on hand, so you get to shop at a discounted price. Want to see other great subscription boxes I've reviewed? Type "Subscription box" into the search bar to bring up my past reviews.

Disclaimer- Sips & Samples provided me with one box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

32 comments:

Samantha Donnelly said...

I do love subscription boxes, I have not heard of this one before but love the contents and love all things beauty, also the drinks as well a perfect combination

Anonymous said...

I really need Sips and Samples July subscription box! I love everything in it! - Lavanda Michelle Appetizers & Entrees

Anonymous said...

What a good mixture of products. I love things like this where you get to try out a load of brands and things x

Anonymous said...

From Rhian x

Motherhood: The Real Deal said...

What a lovely selection! I'm familiar with Trader Joe's from our recent visit to Texas and they are a gold mine of all sorts of yummy things there so great to see you get to sample some of their produce there.

Stephanie said...

Wow, this box seems to have a little bit of everything. I like the variety in it!

Chad said...

Super love the box! Tea, cream and so many good stuff...Amazing and rich...

Melanie Edjourian said...

Oh how exciting, I do love a subscription box. This sounds like a good one with a lovely selection. That coconut latte sounds wonderful.

Risa Lopez said...

Wow, all inside the box looks good! I would love to have a subscription box as well!

Marysa said...

What a neat box. I haven't tried a subscription box in a long time, and it would be a treat to get something like this in the mail.

Forever My Little Moon said...

It sounds like a fun box for trying new things!

Kat said...

This looks really exciting! This is the first time that I heard about subscription boxes. I'll hunt for one the soonest! love love love the skin care products.

Anitra-chroniclesofamomtessorian.com said...

Wow, this box has so many amazing goodies in it

Dragon Mama said...

I have a whole box of whisps parmesan and I tried one bag and didn't like it plain. Im glad you gave me the salad idea. This books like a cool treat for a self care day...drinks, snacks, beauty products. I'm in!

Jupiter Hadley said...

I have not seen the brands in this box - it sounds really delicious! I would love to try these samples.

Akyn Fullhouse said...

Amazing with loads of brands included on it! I should check out Sips & Samples because I wanted to try their samples,too.

Amelia L said...

So something to eat and beauty products? This sounds like a great box for girls night! :-)

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Such an interesting subscription box with so many items which I would love to try myself.

Anonymous said...

I love subscription boxes! This sounds like a must have. I’ll look into it.

Riyah Speaks said...

This is such an interesting subscription boxes, and it has everything a girl could ask for.

Clarice said...

This looks like a great box! I would love to try the cheese crisps. It's nice that they included a headband too. I prefer some non-consumable items on my subscription boxes.

Melanie said...

Ooo I am loving this! I like that there are both edible treats and also pamper products too what a perfect mix x

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the box looks great! so much to enjoy and dig into! I am particularly interested in drinks there, looks promising

Erica (The Prepping Wife) said...

Sips and Samples sounds like a neat and really fun subscription box to check out. I can see it as a great gift for a couple of hard-to-buy-for family members as well! Which always makes me happy. Lol. Thanks for sharing this great service!

Sissy said...

Coconut creme latte sounds scrumptious! Great goodies in this subscription box.

Heather Swanson said...

Such a good selection of products

monique s said...

so wonderful to have healthier goodies come every month

Stephanie LaPlante said...

This definitely contains my kind of goodies. I would love to try this subscription box. Thanks for sharing the info.

bn100 said...

looks tasty

Sandra D. said...

Looks like a great box to subscribe to.

J Renee W said...

That's such a great idea for a subscription box!

pippirose said...

It looks like a great subscription box. Thanks!