Sunday, January 31, 2021

Cat Lady Box Review!


My cats are like my kids, I like to randomly pick up a toy or a fun treat for them when I am at the store so when I found out about the Cat Lady Box, it sounded like something I had to check out. There are plenty of subscription boxes out there that are either for a human or specifically for a pet, what sets this subscription apart is it is for both! Each month you'll receive a few adorable cat themed gifts for yourself plus a few toys or treats for your cats.


I managed to get the box open and remove one item from it before Bones came over and wanted to check out what I was doing. She spotted the small stuffed penguin and went right for it! It made me laugh when I saw the penguin inside of the box because she actually has another small stuffed animal she stole from one of my kids that is a penguin as well. 


There are two different subscription options you can select from, the first is the CRAZY Cat Lady box which is the box I described above it comes with 3-4 items for yourself and two items for your cat OR the second option is a Cat Lady box which has 3-4 products just for you (nothing for your cats). A Crazy box is $39.99 a month and the Cat Lady box is $34.99 a month. You can purchase a single box or you can let it renew every month and keep getting purrfect cat themed items.

So what was in the January box and was it worth the $40 price tag? Let's get into the details of what was in the box:

Brilliant Cat Glasses (Retail Value $29.99) - This was a cute set of two glasses that feature cat faces and a star pattern. They kind of remind me of whisky glasses due to their size and shape, they are great for really any type of drink. I think these would be perfect for when we have cookies and milk! The design is cute and they seem to be pretty sturdy, they are easy to wash and they dry quickly.



Mew Year 2021 Shirt (Retail Value $19.99) - How cute is the design on this shirt! It is a great way to welcome the new year and show off your love for kitties at the same time. The shirt fits well and it is quite comfortable, I think this will be a shirt I will end up wearing often. I like that it didn't have a funky smell when it arrived, I always hate ordering shirts online and they show up smelling like hot plastic. 

Fluffy Snowball Cat Pen (Retail Value $5.99) - Pens are one of the office supplies I have the most of, I always like getting new pens and I have them literally all over my house because you never know when you might need a pen. This pen is great for a child or an adult, it adds a little extra pizzazz to your office supplies. 


Petie the Penguin Catnip Toy (Retail $5.99) - When Bones had first come over and tried taking off with this I thought it was because it reminded her of her other toy, or because she loved stuffed animals. I didn't realize at the time it was a catnip toy, but now I can see why she was so excited about it. Along with being just the right size for your cat to drag around the house, the flippers have some crinkle paper in them so they make noise when your cat is playing with it. This is well made and feels like it will last for quite some time especially since Bones never tears her toys apart, she just likes flinging them around and hiding them various places.

Flurry Snowballs Cat Toy (Retail Value $6.99) - Another great cat toy! Both of my cats enjoy chasing this around the house, and the kids love it because it is one of the only types of toys both cats love playing with. The kids can be a little rough on this type of cat toy because the strings that attach the toys to the stick are usually pretty thin, but I have a feeling this toy will last a lot longer than the others.

Cardboard Box (Priceless) - If your cats are anything like mine then the box itself is a present to them, because of the catnip being inside of the penguin my big cat went nuts rolling around in the box and having fun jumping in and out  of it. 

The box also came with a post card that features a Cat Lady Artist, and a Cat Lady sticker! I may be more inclined to like this particular kitty postcard because it kind of looks like my cat Aleister. So as you can see the total retail value of the box is $68.95 which is almost double the price you paid for the box. I personally loved all of the items that came in this box and so did my cats so it was a win-win situation for me. 



I think that this is over all a fantastic idea for a subscription box, What animal owner doesn't like buying special treats for your pet? And as a bonus you get gifts too, heck yes! This time around I also took some clips of my cats helping me do an unboxing of this and I will be uploading a few clips into one or two reels over on my Instagram page.

😻 What do you think of this subscription box? Do you have any pets, if you do leave me a comment letting me know what type of pets you have.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Cat Lady Box for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

23 comments:

Forever My Little Moon said...

I need to get this box for our cats! They would love it!

Jazmin said...

That is such a cute idea for all of the cat lovers out there!

danielle_ridgway said...

This is such a great gift for all cat owners!

Samantha said...

I love the shirt and the cup. What a cute little gift.

Monica Simpson said...

What a fun box! I also love picking up things for my pets when I'm out at the store. They are just like my kids!

Sarah Cox said...

That box is adorable! I don't have cats (my husband is allergic). :-( But I have a couple of friends that would love it for sure.

Desiree said...

What a fun box!! And a great gift idea!

Cathy said...

I'm not a cat lover. But my friend did! I'll share this post with her and can imagine she would feel woww of this box!

Rikki Ridgeway said...

I know what I'm getting one of my friends for Christmas this year... She would absolutely love this.

Stevenmoores said...

I love the box set it's great for the cat lovers. I have a friend that is the mommy to six little fur balls. That gift set is just for her.

Sonia Seivwright said...

Really nice box. My cat lover friend will love this.

Heather B said...

I love that there's a subscription box for everything now! This one looks really great for cat families!

Aryanne Padilha said...

This is just adorable! I do have a dog which is also my kid but I never thought of getting her a subscription box, something i should try! The box is super cute and I loved the tshirt and glass!

Erica Webster-Russell said...

Now this is a subscription box for me! After reading this review, it is definitely worth trying out. I love giving my cat new toys and treats. He is a bit spoiled, I must admit. But what's the point of having a pet if you can't spoil them?

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the box sounds lovely! I wish I knew about it earlier, it would have made a perfect gift for my bestie who is a crazy cat lady

Melanie said...

Oh wow how cool is this!! What a great idea and would be a fab gift x

Britt K said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love it! I am going to have to check it out and see if they ship to Canada. While Pippen would LOVE to get some new toys, Jinx would definitely be all about the box lol

Nkem said...

Haha, I know several people who would LOVE this box. Very cute.

Kimmy said...

What a fun box!

Catherine said...

What a cute subscription box idea! I know lots of people who would love this...do they also offer something for dog owners?!

Lavanda Michelle said...

Cute box, I wanted to get a cat but didn't this would've been great. Thanks for sharing!

LuciWest said...

Such a brilliant idea to get a box with gifts for your pet AND for you. And those glasses are really cool.

monicazyoung said...

What an amazing box to get your cat and your cat lover friends, so many cool products