Saturday, January 23, 2021

Aveline Razors - A unique addition to your shaving routine.

 
Like most men and women who shave, I wish the process was slightly easier, sometimes it is hard finding a razor that is just right for you or you might have a hard time looking for a product that is just right for your skin. I personally experience razor burn often even if I exfoliate and then moisturize after so I like trying out different shaving creams to see if they help. I recently stumbled upon a unique looking razor from a company called Aveline Razor, I read some of their information on their website about how it helps provide you with a close smooth shave so I reached out to see if I could test them out.

The razor catches your eye right away with it's very unique look, I've seen some small travel razors that were made for small bags but I've never seen anything that was quite like this. The razor head swivels easily which helps it glide effortlessly along the curves of your body giving you a close smooth shave. Notice the three little metal balls on the razor? Those are designed to be a secondary contact point on your skin giving the razor an even smoother glide because of how the balls help it move. 

I noticed when I was shaving with this how well quickly and flawlessly the razor moved, sometimes when you shave certain areas like your knee or your armpit the angles can be pretty awkward with a razor head that doesn't move which could lead towards Knicks and irritated skin. When I was shaving my underarms I didn't have to go over any areas multiple times and I didn't have to try to get a different angle to fit the curve of my underarm. I even tested out making a slightly "S" shaped pattern while using this to shave my legs and had no problems. They have also helped with the issue of dropping your razor! I've dropped my razor a few times while in the shower because the handle gets slippery, with the Aveline they added a finger ring that helps you keep the razor in your hand instead of on the shower floor. The finger ring also allows you a chance to hang your razor up on a shower hook for better storage, or if you prefer not to hang it up you can place it on the ring finger side to use it as a stand to keep your blades in better condition.

Removing the razor head to replace it couldn't be easier. There is a small button at the bottom of the razor handle that releases the razor head when pushed, the razor head simply pops off and a new one can be slipped into it's place. I like that this is small enough I can put the cap back on the razor head and pop it into my travel bag.



Aveline isn't just a razor brand! They also sell a beauty line to help with your skincare routine, it is a three step line which you can see above. The first step is a salt & sugar body scrub, as with most products of this nature I wish that it was stored in a jar verses a squeezable container. The only reason I prefer a jar is because this product is a little thick so it can be hard to squeeze out especially with wet hands. The scrub itself is nice, it has a slight mint scent due to the spearmint used. I felt like the scrub was just right, it gives you enough grit to get dirt and dead skin off without it being so rough it leaves your skin red, it leaves my skin feeling prepped and clean. It could just be from the friction of rubbing the scrub onto your skin, but when you are applying it you'll feel a slight warming sensation that is lovely. I feel like this scrub has helped prevent razor burn and has helped/will help with in-grown hairs because it is good to exfoliate before shaving. You can buy a full set of these products or buy a each 5oz tube of your favorite for $8.


Step two is a shea butter shave cream and is hands down my favorite of the three products. I feel like this tube is going to last me several months because you only need a small amount of the cream (the photo above shows more than I typically use). The cream almost feels like a whipped foam, the formula is silky smooth which allows it to spread out evenly over your skin. The scent of this product is a mixture of lavender and oranges, which makes for an interested but lovely combination. The scent isn't overwhelming and it actually smells pretty calming. 


The third and final step is their botanical body lotion. The lotion seems kind of thick when it is coming out of the tube, it is kind of similar to the body scrub where you really need to squeeze it to get it out, but it doesn't apply in a thick manner. When you are applying the lotion it absorbs pretty quickly into your skin and it spreads out in a nice thin layer covering a large amount of skin. It has a cooling affect that leaves your skin feeling smooth and moisturized. The lotion is packed with a number of helpful ingredients that give your skin the love it needs. The lotion is so gentle that even when I applied it to my arm where my little kitty was a bit too rough when we were playing leaving scratches behind, it didn't burn or irritate my skin when I applied lotion to my arms. I also like that it doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy, oily or slimy. 

You do not need to use all three products every time you shave, the scrub and lotion can be used anytime you'd like! If your skin is feeling dry you can use the scrub to help get rid of dead skin and use the lotion to get it back into looking it's best. I like keeping the lotion on my desk to use when ever my hands are feeling dry. I work in a healthcare facility and wash my hands frequently so my hands tend to get dried out which is why I like keeping lotion handy so I can use it through out the day. 

To get started I recommend buying one of their beauty bundles and maybe thinking about signing up for the blade replacement subscription to help you save some money along the way. 

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Aveline for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

30 comments:

Hang Around The World said...

This is a brand I don't know maybe because it is not so famous in my country or it is not sold here... it looks so good by the way, and good to know. Thanks for sharing it. - Amalia

April Kitchens said...

I've never heard of this brand before. I like the unique razor design and the awesome products that come with it!

Agnes Dela Cruz said...

This is the first time I saw this kind of razor, this looks nice and very efficient to use. Will check this product brand.

Marjie Mare said...

I did not know that brand. I will try to get them as they seem great.

Ashley T said...

I've never heard of this brand but it sounds like its an amazing product. I love the design of the razor.

Kenneth said...

i mentioned it to my wife,,she will check it online stores.i hope it is affordable

Rok said...

I'm an "stick to routine" guy by shaving... Same gear since the day I started ��

Leah said...

Thanks for this review. I've never heard of Aveline before. But, really like the look of their razors.

Gervin Khan said...

I have never heard this brand before but it sounds like a good one for me to try.

Tia Jade said...

I love that it is so small! This would be perfect for a travel razor. it is quite the unique razor, I have never seen anything like it!

Kimmy said...

Oh wow Ive never heard of this so I enjoyed the review

Silvana said...

Oh wow this little razor looks so cute and so unique! Will check out their stuff including the beauty items!

Desiree said...

I have never heard of this brand! Thank you for the review- so much great info!

Marysa said...

What a neat little razor! I've never heard of these, and they sound like a great design.

Sonia Seivwright said...

oh wow. This is something I need for my hairy arm. Thank you the review

bye:myself said...

This razor looks so handy. I'm sure it's perfect for an avid traveller like myself.

Sarah Cox said...

I need to try this out! I like the design of it and am always looking for anything to help with the razor burn.

Lady In Read said...

never heard of this.. but definitely will keep an eye out as all the products look good

aisasami said...

This looks really interesting and different! Can you get this shipped worldwide?

Melissa Greene said...

That is a pretty crazy looking razor, I like the finger grips it has to help hold onto it better.

Fransic Verso said...

Great review! The way how to grab it is different from the regular ones which is something new to me.

Monidipa said...

I've never heard of Aveline before, but looks good for me to try!

Angeline said...

Products that come with a set is always something worth trying! I’ve used an epilator before but I’ve read in the product info that it’s not safe to use when you have varicose veins and this looks like a great alternative

Our Redonkulous Life said...

I have never seen a razor like that. I might have to try it. I need to up my shaving game. Its so time consuming but I like the smooth legs.

Heather B said...

I've never heard of this brand before. I'll have to look into it!

siennylovesdrawing said...

ohh woow...the shaving tool so cute lovely looking, I am gonna exploring & wish it delivers to my country here. cheers, siennylovesdrawing

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the kit seams super useful to me. I prefer shaving myself. I need to take a closer look

Jessica Radford said...

This looks and sounds pretty useful, I also like that it seems like I could just toss it into my purse and go if I were in a hurry.

Unknown said...

I've never heard of the brand but I love the design of the razor. I personally prefer waxing, but occasionally I'll shave instead and something so tiny would be perfect.

Terry Poage said...

I've never heard of this brand of razor before. Need to check it out. I prefer shaving to waxing.