Saturday, January 16, 2021

Great Middle School Reads from Candlewick Press!

 


A lot of the books I receive from Candlewick Press are better suited for younger children, however sometimes a book comes across my desk that is great for older readers as well. Today I wanted to share a small assortment of those books with you!


Anatomicum: Welcome to the Museum (Retail $35) - This book is not only great for teens, but many adults will love this book as well. In fact I gave this book to my brother during the holidays because it is right up his alley. He likes things that are creepy, spooky and relate to human anatomy so this book was perfect. 

This 112 page book is packed full of information and illustrations of the human body broken down into sections, you can see how the muscles are laid out or see how some parts of the brain work. A book like this is quite education and interesting to read through, a younger child can read this as it is easy to understand however it is up to the parent and their level of comfort as some of the genital photos are detailed and many of the images in this book are realistic in nature. I also want to note that this book is big! It measures in at almost 15 inches tall and 11 inches wide.

The book is over all quite fascinating, the amount of illustrations and information packed into this book make it a worth while buy for a classroom or personal collection. 

Lost in the Imagination: A journey through nine worlds in nine nights (Retail $19.99) - I have to be honest with this one, when I pulled this out of the package and started flipping through it I became pretty excited. This is the type of book I enjoy reading! The illustrations in this book alone are worth purchasing it, the illustrations are beautifully detailed, packed with color and textures. This book is filled with some magical worlds and creatures. There is a lot packed into the pages of this book, my daughter and I look forward to reading this one. 

The adventures in these pages take you to nine different worlds, each with their own unique qualities. I've always been interested in strange creatures, other realms and fantasy books so this is the perfect combination between those. Some of the illustrations give me a bit of an old time/steam punk vibe as well due to the type of art style and colors used.



The Language of the Universe; A visual exploration of mathematics (Retail $24.99) - While I have never been a huge fan of my math classes, this is a pretty interesting book that shows math in a new light. Not only is this a good book to have at home but I think this would fit into a class room setting quite nicely and may help a child who doesn't like math interested in wanting to learn more about what this book has to offer. This book explores how math fits into the world around us and not just in the sense we are used to, through out the pages you will discover how math fits into the world in ways you may not have realized before.


Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Candlewick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

22 comments:

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the books seam so awesome! My niece who is a middleschooler would love to get the anatomy book. I am ordering it now for her

Sonia Seivwright said...

I would get this for my little sister. She's loves books like these.

Erica Webster-Russell said...

You have given me some excellent Christmas gift ideas for my nephew! My husband and I buy him books often, and love finding educational ones that are neat as well. I would also read the Anatomicum: Welcome to the Museum book, and so would my husband. I know I'm buying it ahead of time so we have time to read it too.

Britt K said...

These books look great! We have a tradition in my family where we specifically buy books for my brother's children each year for Christmas. I love that it encourages them to read more. Their passion for books and reading never fails to bring a smile to my face!

Melanie said...

Wow what a good looking book. this would be perfect to give as a gift as well as buy for yourself. Thanks for this x

Morgan Paxton said...

Wow, these books are stunning! Artwork is often overlooked in books. But it seems like they have a great balance and style. I think they would be good for both children and adults. Thanks for the great recommendations!

Tia Jade said...

I love the first book! Anatomy is such a fascinating subject to me! I will have to check that one out!

Melissa Greene said...

Those books look awesome, the anatomy book sounds extremely interesting. I love learning new things so it sounds like it is perfect for me.

Jessica Radford said...

My teens would love the first two, I will have to see about getting these for them!

Jessica w said...

I would actually love these

Edye Nicole said...

my cousin would like this!

mia2009(at)comcast(dot)net

tammy ta said...

Books are the greatest gift. These look good.

teresalynn5 said...

Always love to give and get books as gifts

Lisa said...

This is so cute and unique!

Sandra D. said...

I love books from Candlewick they are all amazing.

debs said...

These books look great

J Renee W said...

Lost in the Imagination: A journey through nine worlds in nine nights looks really interesting.

Unknown said...

These books look really interesting

Patsy said...

These are great looking books,super review!

tat2gurlzrock said...

These sound like wonderful books for kids. Thanks!

Susan Ashcraft said...

great review

meganelizabeth80 said...

This would be great to read, also for my kids as they get older!