Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Skin care products by Skin Nation! Review part 1.

When I am looking at skin care products I like looking around for companies that create their products using natural ingredients and I love and support currently-free brands! So when I stumbled onto a brand called Skin Nation who creates products that are Cruelty-free, Organic and  natural. They create a large line of products for your face and body, and they also have a Men's line!


I was recently sent four different products to test out and review, I will cover two today and in a week or so I will cover the other two once I test them out a bit more. Today I will be covering the Scrubalicious Exfoliator and the Magic Masque, They also included a free scrubbing pad that is the perfect size.


The Magic Masque is designed to help keep your skin looking smooth, hydrated and dewy. It is made with natural ingredients and is gentle enough on your skin that you could use it on a daily basis. This product comes in a 2oz jar and retails for $40, 2oz isn't always a lot of product so is this product worth the price tag?

I was surprised just how smoothly this product applied, you need very little product to cover a large area of your face which means the product will last you a while depending on how often you decide to use it each week. The amount of product I used on my face only left a small area where you could tell product was taken out, you could apply the product with a brush if you wanted or with your finger which is how I applied it and I didn't have any issues. The mask is silky smooth and has a nice light scent to it that won't irritate your senses. It is also light weight so you'll hardly be able to tell you are even wearing a masque, the instructions say to leave it on for 5-7 minutes so I like using this before getting into the shower. I didn't have any skin irritation and the masque was easy to wash off with a bit of warm water and a cloth, my face was left feeling smooth and refreshed. When I woke up the next morning I could still note that my skin looked smooth and dewy.


Normally when it comes to "Scrubs" I like scrubs that you can actual feel the scrubbiness to it so I can feel the dead skin being washed away. This one doesn't really have that scrub to it that I look for, However even though to me it feels like more of a wash it does a really great job at cleaning my face. In fact instead of going for my favorite face wash recently, I've found myself reaching for this instead. As you can see in the photo it has a bit more of a face wash consistency to it than a scrub.

The scent is similar to the masque, it is a light fresh smell that helps you relax. My skin doesn't feel oily, tight or weighed down after using this product. Generally when "Aunt flow" comes to visit, I end up with a small break out like a lot of women experience, this time it wasn't so bad, I still had a blemish or two but they are easily controllable. It should be noted that this specific product has a note letting you know they use glycolic acid in this product which can make your face slightly sensitive to the sun, so you should use a light facial sunscreen while using this product (sunscreen is a great idea to use on a daily basis anyways!). I personally don't use this on a daily basis because I like having a day or two where I clean my face with just water so my pores can breath, but when I do use this my skin feels nice afterwards. This product comes in a 4oz bottle for $32, I do wish I had slightly more of the product in the bottle because I enjoy using it.

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Skin Nation for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

20 comments:

Jody said...

I also love to support companies like this. Cruetly free and natural products feel so much better all around!

Raksha Solopassport said...

When buying any product, whether be it skin products, it is important to care for environment and be cruel free. I just love these kinds of products and love to support them.

Jessica said...

I love cruelty free and organic beauty products especially skin products didn't know about this company.

Joanna said...

I like all natural and cruelty free products. For me, I like a scrub that is less harsh to the skin.

Brandi Jo Little, Author said...

I’ve not heard of this company before! I’ll have to check them out. They look so soothing!

Buyingstylewithmeg said...

I love trying new face masks - great review!

siennylovesdrawing said...

1st time hearing this beauty brand ~ skin nation from your sharing here. it seems so soothing & comfy beauty care to use. Love cruelty free products
cheers, siennylovesdrawing

aisasami said...

Oooh, by what you describe about the scrubs, I would love to try them! I want to feel refresh!

Vasundhra Gupta said...

Thanks for experimenting for us, and letting us know what works! I'm very careful with what I use on my skin and a cruelty free option definitely matters more to me :)

Adriane said...

Such a great review. I'm always looking for skincare products where someone just tells me what to buy!

Jamie Tutson said...

I'm really interested in the masque. I've been looking for a new skin care regimen!

Neil Alvin Nicerio said...

Amazing. Well written article. I learned something from reading it. Thank you for sharing.

Atlas said...

Superbly written i also choose companies using natural things inorder to produce a product

Marysa said...

I have never heard of this line of products. These sound like they are good to try. I need to take better care of my skin.

Monica said...

I love when products are light and you don't need a lot to go a long way. It's nice to get more bang for your buck.

Shayla said...

I try hard to only use natural bath and beauty products for my self and my family too! The data on generic products is too frightening. I'll have to check this out!

Unknown said...

I am a skin care product junkie and never heard of this so looking forward to trying it.

SincerelyMissJ said...

Never heard of Nation skin care but thank you for sharing. Will look them up right now.

Lisa D. said...

That scrub sounds pretty great for skincare, I will look into their products some more I could use a good new scrub.

Maria Blake said...

The mask sounds nice and I like how it looks, I will check this out.