Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Some of our favorite CMOP spots!


As part of the Playfluencer team at the Children's Museum Of Phoenix, I write a blog post each month featuring different areas, events or programs at the Museum. This month I wanted to highlight a few of our favorite things and spots at the museum.


The first stop on our trip is always the giant play structure when you first enter the museum. It is large enough for adults to fit in, but I want the kids to explore so they are free to play in it on their own. The play structure runs all the way to the top floor of the museum, and it has lots of different areas you can visit. Oddly one of my favorite parts about the play structure is a boat they have that has a bunch of legs/feet with different socks on sticking out from it, I also love the flying bathtub. You can see the bathtub in a photo on the post I made of 10 Reasons why you should buy a CMOP season pass.



My oldest is too big for this year now and my youngest is starting to get to that point, but they have a section with a "car wash" where the kids can ride a bike along a set path through a car wash. The whole area is really cute, and well done. There are lots of bikes in a few different sizes so your child is sure to have a lot of fun in this spot.


The reading spots! There are a few different reading nooks and spots to stop to enjoy a good book. They have this really cute mushroom shaped reading spot on the second floor near the fort building area. They have a small selection of books in the room, and more books in different areas of the museum. Upstairs is a small library area that has more seating and cushions to relaxing.


Okay so technically this next spot isn't a favorite spot for us, but I am sharing it because I love that they have the space for those who wish to use it. On the top floor near the library tucked away in a corner that is normally not as noisy as the rest of the museum, there is a nursing corner. The corner is a small room with a chair, table, etc and a curtain to pull across if you are in need of a spot to nurse your baby.


Puzzles, games and interactive spots. Through out the entire museum you'll find dozens of spots that are interactive along the hallways. You'll find musical instruments to play, a look and find spot, fake food carts and more. There is so much to do you'll want to spend more than a day here really enjoying everything.

Check back again next month and I will explore more of the museum with you! There is so much to see and do, I can't fit it all onto one post.

Disclaimer- I am part of the PLAYfluenster team at the museum and I was provided a year membership by the Children's Museum of Phoenix for a monthly review, free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

17 comments:

Dasha said...

This is a great place for photo ops! I love it.

Cyndi Buchanan said...

I love that car wash and reading nook. This looks like a fun museum!

StormBug said...

Goodness, this looks like such a fun place! I absolutely love the reading mushroom! I think everyone should have the opportunity to read in a little nook like that :0)

Unknown said...

This looks like such a fun museum! I just did a post highlighting things to do with kids in my area and museums are a must. Great read!

Joanna said...

I like that this is such an interactive museum where children can learn but also have fun. The car wash looks so funny.

supermompicks said...

My children would love this place! It looks like even my older children would enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Looks like an amazing place. My Grandz would love this.

Dominique B. said...

What fun! I like that big ship as well -- it caught my attention right away. I like the reading nooks too! A great place for kids to play and explore!

Vasundhra Gupta said...

Aw, how fun! This made me nostalgic of my playdates at such kid zones :)

Fransic Verso said...

This seems a nice place, the big ship good, but I the reading spots are more interesting haha.

danielle rice said...

This place looks so fun. My little one would love to visit here.

aisasami said...

Wow, what an amazing place to bring the children. There is so many cool activities!

Adi said...

I have always loved museums for kids and the Children's Museum Of Phoenix seems like a totally fun place to visit.

Trisha said...

What a cool place for kids. Education & Fun at the same time.

Adventures with Shelby said...

This looks like a fun family activity!

Lisa D said...

I've been here with my kids and we all love it too.

Maria Blake said...

I think my kids would love this, we've been to the science center but I never realized this was next to it as well.