Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Three new adventures with Candlewick Press.


We are a family of book lovers, I am always picking up new books for the kids and myself, and we also visit the library once every other week. Any time we get the chance to review new books with Candlewick Press we always jump on it and wait patiently for our box of books to arrive. This time around I have three great new books to share with you!





What Does an Anteater Eat? - (Hardcover. Retail Value $16.99)

This is a fun and silly book to read with your children, the book follows along with an Anteater who is trying to figure out what he eats. On his journey he asks several different animals if they know what an Anteater eats, several of them suggest he eats what they do and it doesn't really work out. Towards the end of the book the last group of animals he asks this question to is a colony of ants that take off running as soon as they see him. While I do think this was a cute read and it had strong illustrations with vibrant coloring, I was left wondering why he didn't know what he ate in the first place, and if he ever found out what he really eats.





How to Be on the Moon - (Hardcover. Retail Value $16.99)

This book follows two best friends on their quest to reach the moon. Anna and her best friend Crocodile worth together to practice the skills they need in order to reach the moon. Patience is a needed skill for a long trip, so they practice having patience since they know it will be a long trip, they also work on other helpful skills together which is sweet to see. After building a rocket ship themselves they embark on a trip to the moon. I enjoyed that quite a few of the illustrations had grey tones for the background image and bright colors for the characters themselves which I enjoyed.





Firefly Home -  (Hardcover. Retail Value $14.99)

Florence the firefly is lost and looking for her home. In order to find her home she follows the bright lights that she sees thinking they are her family, but she finds that they aren't what she thought.My kids both enjoyed reading this book and loved Florence! I enjoyed the book itself as a whole because it was a cute adventure but I also enjoyed it because it reminded me of when I was really young and lived back east, because I used to catch fireflies all the time.

Which of these three books looks the most interesting to you? Do you have a bookworm who would love these books?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Candlewick Press for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

16 comments:

Florid Forest said...

I love the illustrations in the firefly book!

Joanna said...

I would like to get the firefly book for my nephew, for his upcoming birthday. It looks like a great book, very positive and with a cute story.

Sandra D. said...

I think my granddaughter would love the Firefly book because she sees them in our yard.

MissMisanthrope said...

The anteater book looks so cute! I bet my son would love it.

Finding Joy said...

Those look adorable! I'm intrigued by "How to be on the Moon". My little one and I love to read.

Oscar said...

Looks like I need to buy this for my nieces. Thanks for sharing!

Mohini Singh said...

Great set of books with some great lessons to teach the children.

Yatiana said...

I was defintely intrigued by tge title of the book, What does an anteater eat. Thanks for sharing

Mirela | The Travel Bunny said...

I don't have kids, but I'd love to check these out by myself. I loved that at my previous workplace I could check out the books the teachers used with YLs <3

Aanya Jain said...

I have recently started reading books and I know the importance too. But the thing is it should have been cultivated from our childhood. Really nice!

Evan Petzer said...

My little one is at the stage where he is curious to start reading, great books will definitely have to start stocking up.

Polly said...

"How to Be on the Moon" reminds me of that book that my mom used to read for me (which, I forgot the title). I even thought about being an astronaut when I was kid. These selection are great - it's actually the first time that I've seen them and I find them interesting. I'd love to read it to my future kids someday.

Elizabeth O said...

These books are a perfect gift for toddlers for them to learn the love of reading.

Sanjota Purohit said...

Looks like lots of fun for kids..

Adventures with Shelby said...

These are adorable! I'll have to get them for my nieces and nephews

Danielle said...

We are always looking for new books for my little ones. thank you for the recommendations.