Monday, August 19, 2019

Come explore the Children's Museum of Phoenix.


If you live in or around the Phoenix,Arizona area and have small children I highly suggest heading to downtown Phoenix to spend a day at the Children's Museum of Phoenix for a day of fun and adventure. The museum is located inside of the historic Monroe School building found on the south east corner of 7th street and Van Buren, parking is free and found on property so there is no need to park in one of the downtown parking garages. I've always thought this school building was gorgeous so I am glad it wasn't torn down and instead turned into something new, so I think it adds to why I love visiting the museum so much. The museum is filled with three floors of fun for you and your children, their goal is to engage your child's imagination during their visit. Several of the locations allow the parents to interact with their children as well which is nice for parents who want a hands on experience with their kids at the museum.

I was recently invited to join the PLAYfluencer program at the museum, so over the course of the next several month's I will be sharing highlights of the different areas of the museum along with special events and activities they offer for your children. The museum is geared towards children ages 1-10 however I think that you could go a year or two past that as well with a few of their offered programs, any older than that and I don't think they would be able to do much, as most of the museum is geared more towards the younger children. There is a ton of museum to cover so for my first feature I am going to discuss just the first floor with you/entry area with you.




When you first walk through the museum doors you are greeting by the front desk area and the gift shop, taking a left takes you into the start of the museum. You are instantly greeted by a play area and a giant play structure that children (and adults) are allowed to explore, they even have a small gated off area located near the bottom designed for babies who aren't able to fully explore on their own yet. You can also find one of my favorite features of the museum when you first walk in which is a giant wall decorated with dozens of old CD's/DVD's which look quite pretty with the light reflecting off of them.





The whole play structure is quite imaginative, in one spot you'll feel like you are in the sea when you are near all the sea creature decorations, and in another spot you're in a winged bathtub! Where else are you able to hang out in a "flying" bathtub? The structure is also quite large it reaches all the way up to the top floor, so when you are at the top you can say hi to everyone on the way up. Around the base of the climbing structure you'll find several piles of building blocks ranging in size along with some other hands on activities.



For the parents who don't want to play on the structure there are several places to sit while keeping an eye on your children. This front entry area has a long hall way that offers lockers for your belongings, a restroom area and a eating area for kids visiting on school trips. You'll also find an elevator, a large stair case that takes you up to the next floor and a photobooth for anyone wanting to snap a few photos. (this costs extra, it is the type you typically find in the mall). The museum is open Tuesday-Sunday from 9am-4pm, Admission is $14.95 per person or you can purchase a membership and visit as often as you'd like for free. (They do offer senior discounts and babies 1 and under are free).

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Children's Museum of Phoenix for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

22 comments:

Nia said...

I've been meaning to visit family in Phoenix, this sounds like a great day plan!

Stephanie Stebbins said...

This looks so awesome and definitely going on my places to visit in Phoenix!

Sanjota Purohit said...

That first picture is eye catchy! I'm sure it is fun for kids roam spend time in such interesting museums.

Arun said...

Oh wow. This so so beautiful and engaging. I am sure my little sister would love to visit it .

Erica Webster-Russell said...

This looks like such a fun museum to visit! I’m excited to see your follow up posts about it because you’ve got me hooked already. I love that the museum is an old school building. There’s character in the building and adds to the experience.

Smita said...

Looks like a fun place! The CD wall was really cool, great idea to use worthless junk!

Gina (Love, Auntie) said...

Wow! What a fantastic place. It def looks enjoyable for adults and children! I love places that can engage the whole family. Thanks!

Julia said...

Hello Luna,

The Children's Museum of Phoenix sounds like an excellent place to spend time with young children. Even the first floor you described in this post seems to have many activities for the whole day. The activities offered to children are very beneficial for supporting the imagination and creativity of young children. I hope that parents love this place and come back often. The pictures look very impressive.

I wonder if you could reveal to us how the Children's Museum of Phoenix deals with accessibility issues in your following posts. Some children have disabilities, and I hope that the museum remembers these kids and offers activities for their young visitors who are blind, deaf, or use wheelchairs.

Thank you for this virtual tour of the first floor of the Children's Museum of Phoenix.

~ Julia

Rudy said...

I don't recall children's museums when I was young. They look to be a cross between museum, activity center, and playground. How exciting. I think mostly what we visited were those that wouldn't really appeal to children as much as they do the adults.

Maysz said...

This place looks totally fun and enjoy I love to go there and play even I'm not a kid !! HAHHAHA

Itsasweetsweetworld said...

The museum of Phoenix seems like a great place to take the kids. They seem to have a lot of fun activities.

www.itsasweetsweetworld.com

WanderlustBeautyDreams said...

Totally didn't know about this place. Looks like a fun place to bring kids over the weekend!

Snehal said...

Wow...! This place looks like so much fun for kids! I would like to visit this someday with my lil cousin! 😃🤭

Melanie said...

Wow love the look of this fab museum for sure. so much to keep all the family entertained for the day while learning too x

Live Learn Better said...

Another great marketing of the state of Arizona. Thank you for sharing and I plan to visit soon.

Dalene Ekirapa said...

WOW! This museum is amazing! I've never known about any museum with a kid's play area. And with how big this one is, it's such a good hangout spot with the kids.

Adventures with Shelby said...

Very interactive! Looks like fun

vaishali said...

Children's museums in all cities are pretty amazing, and this seems no less

Alexandra said...

This actually looks quite amazing! We have something similar in the Dyatona Beach area but it isn't quite as big!

Blair Villanueva said...

This is an awesome museum, a good place both for kids and adults. That CD installation is impressive.

Sonia Seivwright said...

I love the pictures. The museum looks fun.

Debra Roberts said...

I love Phoenix and took my kids there once when they were little...would've been cool to visit this!