Saturday, March 10, 2018

Kidtopia 2018!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. I received four tickets to the Kidtopia 2018 through Entercom Communications in exchange for the promotional post below featuring the newest section of this center.**


Sometimes in the morning on the way to work if I am not listening to my MP3 player I enjoy listening to 94.5 Kool FM and for the last week or so I've been listening to them more and heard them talking about an event catered completely to kids for kids. My kids were very excited when I told them we were going to be headed out to the Kidtopia event today March 10th! The event was held at the Gilbert Civic Center out in Gilbert,AZ so it was about an hours drive for us but the kids didn't mind. The event was outside and the weather today was absolutely perfect for this event.



Once we started getting closer to the civic center the event was very easy to spot because they had a long row of giant inflatables and amusement park rides set up so we knew exactly where to go. The parking lot was easy to manage and we found a spot right away which was nice since we arrive about an hour after it started. Entrance was a breeze as well, they did a bag check and a wand check then we were on our way to having fun. They had dozens of sponsor tents set up for local businesses and brands that signed up for the event, some had crafting tables, others had spinning wheels where you could win prizes. My kids had a lot of fun with the spinning wheels because you never know what you might win!




Along with some smaller craft tables they also had one big crafting area, a dance zone, selfie galleries,  food trucks, games and more for the kids to enjoy. A few special guest starts such as In Real Life and Evie Clair stopped by to perform for the crowd and everything was set up pretty well allowing plenty of space for everyone to move around while enjoying the festivities.




I really like that they made this event suited for kids of all ages, there was something for each age group to do and enjoy plus they had some fun characters there (Spiderman & Elsa) visiting with the kids and taking pictures. It was also nice that all of the rides and activities were free to do with the entry ticket instead of having to pay to get in and then paying again for rides and games. Everyone was really friendly and helpful if you needed anything, I thought as a whole this was a great family related event to attend. I hope they decide to do another Kidtopia event next year and I look forward to seeing what it has to offer!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sad I missed this, I live in AZ too but was out of town this weekend.

Ladystitch said...

This looks like bunches of fun! I wish they had something like this where I live.

Unknown said...

Wow!It looks like an amazing event. I love it when they do a good job having activities for all the different age groups :-) We go to a bike festival that's near us, and it has similar kinds of activities (plus biking haha), and we always really enjoy it!

Alyssa said...

This sounds like so much fun! I'm sure the kids loved getting to see the characters. I often find that events either are suited to younger or older children so it's great that this one was a fit for all ages!

Unknown said...

My kids and I were at this event as well, I think they had a nice assortment of activities.

Sandhra John said...

Wow.. Its so nice for kids.. Wish we had something similar here..

Kai said...

This looks fun! I never had the chance to go to events like these as a kid. . .

Gwendolyn Jordan said...

Sounds fun

Unknown said...

Such a fun day!

Zoey said...

This seems like such a fun event for kids!

Diane M said...

I could think of some adults that would enjoy something like this too. Lol

tat2gurlzrock said...

Oh wow! That looks like it was so much fun!

Unknown said...

This is when I wish to be a kid again

Melissa Storms said...

That looks like a great event. We have a local artisan event that has a large section geared towards kids but nothing like this.

Unknown said...

Really cool wow!!

Marina S said...

It sounds really cool!

Gala said...

What an amazing event, your kids had a blast