Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The AZ Renaissance Festival is open until April 1st!

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. I received four tickets to the event mentioned below in exchange for promotion of the event. Tickets were provided by the Arizona Renaissance Festival and USFamilyGuide.com **


When I was younger I used to love when we had the chance to visit the Renaissance Festival when it came around. I remember when my cousin worked there helping out at the wax hand stand, It is a memory that stands out most in my mind because I remember my younger brother trying to bite his wax hand on the way home. I sadly hadn't been to the festival in several years so I was excited to be offered the opportunity to receive tickets to this years festival in exchange for promoting the festival. The festival opened on February 10th and will remain open until April 1st and it is located off of US Highway 60 in Gold Canyon,Arizona.



The Renaissance Festival offers a wide range of stage shows, shops, food and magical creatures. You are free to come dressed up or come in your daily wear, no one will judge either way. We chose to dress up and we had a lot of fun doing so. We made sure to arrive when they opened so that we could get a parking spot up close to the entrance because the parking lot will be quite full later on in the day so it is best to come early. From the time you arrive until the time you leave you will see dozens of fare staff wandering around entertaining people whether it is with singing, dancing or being a living statue there is no shortage of things to see or do.





When it comes to the Renaissance Festival the only thing I wish was different is that I had more cash to spend! There are so many amazing shops that are selling artwork, clothing, footwear, jewelry, hair accessories, pet dragons, unicorn horns and more that you are sure to find several things you will want to take home. Along with physical goods you'll also find a wide range of delicious aromas coming from the food vendors, speaking of food I had some of the best cheddar broccoli soup in a bread bowl I've ever had while we were there.



There was a large amount of stage shows and street performers that there simply isn't enough time in the day to see them all so I suggest taking a look at a map when you first arrive to see the daily schedule and pick out the shows you'd like to see. My favorite has always been the birds of prey shows, but this year we found a new street performer we really love as well and that is Fire Flicker the dragon. If dragons are not your favorite magical creature there is also a Unicorn, mermaids, and more! Come out to the Arizona Renaissance Festival to explore and see which magical creatures you stumble upon.  Tickets for this event are $24 per adult and $14 for children 5+, ticket costs include entry into the festival and free parking. I highly suggest wearing comfortable shoes and bring sunscreen + water if you plan on being out all day.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

My family and I go every year, it is a fun family event we will be going next weekend.

Ladystitch said...

Oh how I miss the renaissance festival. Always so much to do and see!

Unknown said...

My wife and I want to do this one of these upcoming weekends, our kids have never been.

Zerimama said...

How fun! There's a Renaissance festival here in Colorado that's very similar! I use to live in AZ. That looks like so much fun. The turkey legs are my favorite! Ha

Evelyn Lo Foreman said...

I love Renaissance fairs! I think I went to a few in my childhood and it always represents community and nostalgia for me. I am grateful however, that society has progressed and I can take showers as I please (and not wait a whole year =). You all look like you had a FAB time!!! <3 xo, Evelyn, PathofPresence.com

Unknown said...

this looks so much fun! I have never been to one of these fairs!

Paulette said...

This looks like so much fun, I've always wanted to go to one.

Unknown said...

It used to be a family tradition to go to our local renaissance fair every May! It was so fun and I’ll never forget it!!

Unknown said...

This looks so fun!! I love renaissance fairs, but I don't think there are any near where I currently live. :'(

Unknown said...

This is great for family bonding, I wish me and my kids can attend this kind festival someday. :)

Unknown said...

I have yet to visit a renaissance fair, your post makes me want to go to one. I will visit one this year!