Sunday, March 18, 2018

Farewell to Parragon Books.

**This was not a paid post. My honest opinions were used, they are solely my own & they may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by PaRragon for the review free of charge.**


This will sadly be my last post for the book buddies program with the company PaRragon books. I recently received a farewell email letting the reviewers who have worked with them know that PaRragon will be closing it's doors in the U.S which means the book buddies program will be ending as well. However they do still have locations in Europe, Asia, Australia and India if you live in those locations you will still be able to purchase books through them.

Knowing the company is closing in the U.S is a bit heart breaking for me, I've always been a big book worm. I remember reading often as a child and loved going to the book store with my grandma when I was young, I've always made sure that my kids enjoy reading as well. PaRragon has a great selection of books suited for every age so it is a bit sad to see them go. Any how let's get onto the goodies that were in the last box.



The last box I received was given a space theme and encouraged you to reach for the stars and follow your dreams. The first two books in the box are from their new Stem Stars Series by Discovery and the titles are as follows;

Women Who Rocked Space (Retail Value $4.99) - This book tells you about nineteen wonderful women who all contributed to astronomy in one way or another. Each women has a two page layout that tells the reader a bit about each women along with what they contributed and it features their photo. This is a great book not only for little girls but for young boys as well, my daughter is a curious learner and she knows a lot of the big male names when it comes to astronomy and the space program but doesn't know any of the women (neither did I to be honest) so this is a nice book to have.

Women Who Rocked Medicine (Retail Value $4.99) - Just like the Women who rocked space this book is all about many of the women who made an impact in the medical field. This book features another nineteen women who made various contributions to medicine such as Florence Nightingale and  Virginia Apgar. Each lovely lady has two pages with her story, a photo if one was available and what they did for the medical field.



Dream You'll Be (Retail Value $9.99) - This is a rather cute bedtime rhyme book which goes over a variety of things your child might dream about becoming from a superhero or a pirate to a vet or school teacher but at the end it let's them know what no matter what they dream of being that they are already the most important thing to you the parent reading the book. I think all of the illustration in this book are fun, eye catching and charming they are quite colorful and drawn in a soft manner so everything flows well.



The Learnalots Preschool Thinking Skills (Retail Value $3.99) - My son is starting kindergarten this year and although he already knows everything this book covers this will be a good book to do a bit of work in daily to give him a re-fresh course to make sure he is ready for school and it will give us some one on one time while my daughter is doing her homework. It includes two pages of stickers as well to be used as rewards!



Bountiful Bowls (Retail Value $12.99) - While this book isn't related to space it is technically related towards goals of being healthier since it features dozens of recipes for different food bowls that use fresh ingredients like avocado, grapes, cabbage, lettuce and more. All of the recipes give you a list of ingredients for the bowl and any dressings you may need plus step by step instructions on how to make the bowl and a photo of each completed bowl. There are a lot of great bowls in this book, I look forward to trying some of them out.



24 comments:

CelebrationBug said...

So sad to hear about a book company closing! I love reading with my kiddos and my son would love these space books!

Jen @ Jenron Designs said...

I am so sorry about the company closing, I worry that with most reading being done digitally these days this will not be the only one to go. I personally like turning pages and reading from really books I think it will become a luxury soon.

Melanie said...

How sad, this looks like such an awesome company,

Unknown said...

Last book's cover looks amazing! I bet there are so many delicious recipes inside!

Unknown said...

How sad it is closing!! They look like such good books!!

Amy D said...

Wonderful books. I can't believe it's closing. :-(

cute said...

I was heartbroken when I heard they were closing their US location.

Sandhra John said...

The books seem to be great.. Its sad they are closing down in US.

Unknown said...

The thinking skills looks like a great book. Sad they are closing though, seems more and more places are.

Audrey Stewart said...

We love books. I come from a long line of teachers. Sorry to hear they are closing. (jozywails@gmail.com)

Kai said...

I wish I had books like these when I was a kid. Sad to hear that they're closing there. . .

Shakeia Rieux said...

These would be great books for my nieces. I’m sorry to hear that they’re closing, we need companies like this around.

Anonymous said...

Nice books to boost imagination

Gwendolyn Jordan said...

My daughter love the books

Unknown said...

Really bummed that it's closing.

Zoey said...

So sad to see this program closing down.

Diane M said...

Sad to hear. I worry about actual books that we can hold becoming obsolete. We don't even have a bookstore in town anymore.

tat2gurlzrock said...

These look like great books. That is too bad they are closing :(

Unknown said...

It is my first time hearing about them.. It is sad that it was closing T_T

Unknown said...

Sad they are closing, more and more places are disappearing.

Unknown said...

It saddens me that they are closing :(

louisamay29 said...

that's always sad when a book company is closing

Marina S said...

Book-related things closing is so sad

Gala said...

I am so sorry about the company closing, nowadays most reading being done digitally , yes it's convinient but nothing can compare with a real book