Wednesday, November 16, 2016

ThinkFun Review!



****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by ThinkFun for the review free of charge.****
 I have two very active children who are always wanting to do something that keeps them engaged and entertained, you can say they don't like to sit still for very long. ThinkFun is a company that offers board games for children that keep their minds active and their hands busy, we have played some of their games in the past and they are always a big hit in our house. I was recently sent one of their newest games called The Yoga Spinner, it comes with one large spinner and 54 yoga pose cards.





Yoga Spinner not only offers a fun game for your kids to play but it also keeps them physically active at the same time. The game is simple and easy to play, before you start you will want to divide the cards up into the color groups they come in and give them a little shuffle then put them face down. Next all you need to do is spin the wheel and select a card for which ever color you land on, this card will be the yoga move you need to do. If you can hold the position for 10 seconds you get to keep the card, the first player to get one card in every color wins! As you can see the white cards require two people so this game is best played with 2+ players, once you start getting used to all the yoga moves you can even increase the time that you have to hold the pose for. This game has an age recommendation of 5+ years old but my three year old son also likes to participate.

I like that this game allows your child to learn yoga as they are playing through the game, I recently started doing yoga myself and find it is quite relaxing and helpful so my daughter has been asking me to do it with her. The yoga I am doing is more of a weight loss thing and the moves I believe would be a little too much for her so I am very happy to have this to do with her now because we can play it daily if we wish. This game sells for $14.99 on the Thinkfun website, I also included a photo of one of their other new games called Clue Master which helps your child t develops the skill of deductive reasoning, a key ability in math, science, computer programming. Head over to their website to see what other interactive and educational games they have to offer.

6 comments:

Nancy Loring said...

I like that this is not a video game. The whole family could play this and have a bunch of fun together.

Unknown said...

Fun games for the whole family to play!

BethElderton said...

These kinds of games are so good for developing brains.
Mary Beth Elderton

Angela Saver said...

We love fun board games! The Yoga Spinner looks like a good time!

Edye Nicole said...

This looks like fun! :)

Unknown said...

Great game to get the kids off the sofa!