Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Desert Breeze Hummingbird Habitat in Chandler, AZ - Free to Visit!

 

It is finally the time of the year when the weather is going to start cooling down, so I want to share a spot where you can watch hummingbirds along with other bird species and small critters. Best of all, it is free! In Chandler, Arizona there is a small hummingbird sanctuary that sits next to a public park. There is plenty of parking at the park, you will just need to walk across a small street to reach the sanctuary which is called Desert Breeze Hummingbird Habitat. It is located at 4700-4724 W Desert St, Chandler, AZ 85226. It is tucked away near a neighborhood so aside from a little noise from the park next door or the occasional car that drives by this spot is quiet and relaxing. 

The area features an iron archway, a lovely pond with mini waterfall feature, a large iron tree with seating along with a small walking area with seating. We visited back in early May, it was the start of the hot months so we didn't see as many birds as you could on a cooler day, the time of day you go is also a big factor. This would be a great spot to visit whether you are by yourself or with your family. Families with small children could even use it as an opportunity to teach your children about some of the local wildlife & plants. 

We enjoyed sitting & watching all of the birds and the stroll around the habitat was lovely. All of the plants and flowers are kept nicely trimmed and maintained. This is a great spot to go sit with a coffee in one hand and your camera in the other, it can be quite calming just sitting and enjoying the nature around you. I enjoyed the variety of flowers that were planted here, it gave us a chance to see the cute little bees above rolling around inside of the flowers. If you happen to be in the area, I recommend stopping by to check this spot out.

🌵 If you live in Arizona check out the "Things to do in Arizona" (Click here or locate it on the right-hand side of my page) section of my blog to find entertainment, restaurants, vacation spots & more. 

16 comments:

Jackie at The Wildflower Wifey said...

I would love to check this out if I lived in Arizona! I can’t believe that it’s free. What a fun and educational way to spend a few hours, especially for the little ones!

Beth said...

That looks so beautiful! We've been talking about taking a trip to Arizona in the next year or two. If we go, I'm making it a point to go here!

Ben said...

This would be so awesome. I have no less than three feeders on the property, so I would love to go to a hummingbird habitat.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

This looks so beautiful. I love it when there are free places to roam around and see some nature. What a great place!

Lisa said...

A hummingbird sanctuary sounds so lovely. It's also a perfect place to take the kids and a way to get outdoors and enjoy the nature too.

Samantha Donnelly said...

I do love birds and nature so this would be an ideal place for me to visit if I lived closer

Anonymous said...

Who doesn't love a hummingbird!? Thanks for the introduction to this sanctuary - my family would love this.

Marie Cris Angeles said...

Wow! This is a beautiful place, humming of birds really calming my mind. And the place looks so relaxing.

Chad said...

omg these are the cutest ever! I've never seen humming birds in their environment! So cute and beautiful.

Sue-Tanya said...

What a hidden gem in Chandler, Arizona! 🌵 Watching hummingbirds and other wildlife in a peaceful sanctuary next to a park sounds like a delightful way to embrace the changing seasons. Thanks for sharing this little slice of nature with us!

Celebrate Woman said...

This is a phenomenal sanctuary! I would love to spend a day there exploring and learning.

mail4rosey said...

It really can be calming to sit outside and enjoy nature. I'm a big fan even though I don't do it enough.

Marysa said...

What a beautiful habitat! It is nice to see hummingbirds enjoying some nectar. We try to make our yard pollinator friendly.

Alexa Nernberg said...

My favourite horror movie is “Candy Man”. That movie scared me silly when I first saw it. It kinda gives me the creeps when I think about it now.

JeannieD said...

I think hummingbirds are so neat. I love to watch them flutter around the flowers - to me they are amazing. I have tried to entice them to come to our home, but no luck. I bought several different hummingbird feeders, but they didn't seem too interested and flew away after a day or two. I guess they preferred the real thing over the feeder food.

Ckrusch said...

I would love to check this out ! It is awesome that it’s free. What a fun a great way to enjoy the day with the kids!