Monday, October 16, 2023

Eczema Honey Review!

Once or twice a year depending on the weather, my daughter's hands tend to become extremely dry. When they are going through their dry periods they can start to peel & crack in certain spots which can be painful. So, although it is not eczema, I decided to that we should try some various eczema creams & see how it turns out. With regular lotion it helps a little but doesn't always seem to help, depending on the lotion type which is why I thought a cream may be better. I was lucky enough to be sent two products from Eczema Honey Co to test out with my daughter for a review & see if it helps her hands. 

At the moment her hands are only slightly dry, so it is currently more of a preventative measure to keep them from getting to their cracked stage as we are slowly headed into cooler weather here in Arizona. We were sent the Oatmeal hand cream & the Original Skin soothing cream. Their products are dermatologist tested and leaping bunny approved. 

The Original hand cream comes in a 4oz jar that sells for $29.95 a jar, it comes in two version one with almond oil and a nut free version. My daughter does not have a nut allergy, so we received the version which has almond oil in it, along with other natural ingredients like olive oil, honey, sunflower oil & more. This cream has a thick almost peanut butter like consistency. Smells wise, it is hard to describe it almost has a waxy smell to it. It isn't a gross smell but it also isn't the most pleasant smell in the world if that makes sense, it isn't strong enough to smell after application unless you have the area you applied it to right under your nose. The formula might be thick, however when you apply the cream it smooths out nicely & absorbs quickly while leaving your hands feeling refreshed, soothed & it creates a barrier to help keep the moisture in. 

The oatmeal hand cream also comes in a 4oz tube that sells for $24.95. I personally like this cream the best out of the two choices, there is almost no scent to it. This says it is for hands, however you can use it on other areas as well if you are having any issue spots. The cream is about the same consistency as lotion, it absorbs quickly and gives instant relief. After just a few uses you will start to notice a significant improvement.

She has been alternating using both creams, she uses only a little bit each day as that is all you need with these creams. So far it seems to be doing a wonderful job & the little bit of dryness she did have is almost gone which means good news for this winter & combating painful skin. These products are fantastic for full blown cases of eczema & great for regular skincare issues like dryness as well. Along with the two products I've shown here, they offer a number of other products as well such as body wash. If you suffer from eczema or dry irritated skin you should check out what they have to offer. 

Disclaimer- The product mentioned above was provided by Eczema Honey Co for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

15 comments:

Claudia said...

I absolutely need this! My skin is so dry in the winter. It actually cracks!

Beth said...

This is perfect for me. My skin is on the dry side to begin with. When winter hits, it's all over.

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Both of these products sound very nourishing on the skin. I don't suffer from cracked skin but mine does sometimes become a bit dry.

Samantha Donnelly said...

My skin suffers in the winter, and forever putting creams on. This is a product I have not tried before

Marie Cris Angeles said...

Feels like I need this Eczema Honey, my skin has been dry these past few weeks. And your review made me decide to try this product!

Melanie Edjourian said...

These sound like they are great products for anyone suffering with eczema. I might need to try the oatmeal hand cream for one of my girls.

Chad said...

oh wow, this seems a very good product! A friend of mine suffers from Eczema, I will get it for her. Thank you so much for the recos.

Sue-Tanya said...

It's wonderful to see your dedication as a parent, trying to find the best solution for your daughter's dry and sensitive skin. Exploring different options like eczema creams is a thoughtful choice. Eczema Honey Co's products sound promising, and I hope they provide relief for your daughter's hands. Your review will undoubtedly be helpful for others facing similar challenges.

rhian westbury said...

That's so good that the cream has helped as I can't imagine how tough it is to have super dry hands. Honey is such a nice nourishing ingredient x

Tammy said...

I've heard a lot about this brand and it sounds really good for dry skin...definitely something to stock up on with the long winter ahead. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I get terrible eczema on my hands and nothing really helps. I've never hear of eczema honey before but will give them a try as I do like products the make use of the wonder that is honey.

Elizabeth Williams said...

Thanks Elizabeth Williams

Elizabeth Williams said...

This looks and sounds fantastic. I'll have to check their products out as both myself and my son suffer with eczema.

Jupiter Hadley said...

I also prefer hand cream that doesn't have any sort of scent. Thank you for sharing.

Melissa Greene said...

My hands can get kind of dry in the winter this would be good for me too.