Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Jurassic Quest - A Dinosaur Experience!

 

Over the weekend we went to check out Jurassic Quest for a family day! We were originally going to visit back in 2020 when they were in Arizona. However, the pandemic had just hit so all the shows were cancelled, so we didn't get a opportunity to visit again until now. What is Jurassic Quest? It is a fun dinosaur adventure & mobile dinosaur museum. They have life sized dinosaur statues, baby dinosaurs & their trainers, interactive kids activities, ride on dinosaurs and more. If you don't have any kind of dinosaur attraction near you, this is a great way to get to experience something similar when they stop by to visit your state. 

General admission is $22 which is for ages 11-64 and children 10 & under had two different purchase options, general admission which is also $22 or Kids unlimited which is $36. I definitely recommend the unlimited wrist band for smaller children, it will save you quite a bit of money since you won't need to buy rides and activities separately and your child will be able to get back in line for the rides & bounce houses as much as they'd like. They are in each location for three days & tickets can sell out so get your tickets early. Many of the time slots of our location were sold out for Saturday & Sunday, the line was a pretty decent size when we first arrived but the staff were quick at getting everyone through and into the event. Everything is self guided & is pretty easy to navigate where you are going.

This event is fantastic for small kids (under 10), it is an exciting space for them to explore and all of the bounce houses plus the ride on dinosaurs will help burn off some of their extra energy for the day. While we were there we saw seven or eight large dinosaurs the kids could ride on, three off them actually walked along a set distance while the others were in place like the one shown above but still had hands & heads that moved to make it feel alive. There were also several bounce houses, a fossil dig area where kids could use a paint brush to uncover bones in a large sand pit or they could go to the table area and break apart a fossil dig block. I think the only thing I would have changed about the location where this was hosted at here, is that the space was bigger. Based off of what I've seen online it felt like they weren't able to fit everything into the space at Bell Bank Park.

If you get snackish, they had a small concession stand with food and drinks. They also had a gift shop set up where you could buy shirts, light up wands or dinosaur shaped balloons. Trainers were walking around with adorable baby dinosaurs in their arms that you could take photos with, they also had a raptor show where kids could watch a raptor do a few trips and touch it. Before leaving they had a few photo opportunities set up where you could take a photo inside of an egg, or with a baby dinosaur. While it definitely felt geared specifically for small children, this was still a neat event for adults to see some massive dinosaurs & spend some time with the family. We enjoyed walking around and talking about the variety of dinosaurs they had on display and were able to see a baby dinosaur as well. 

I think they did a great job with setting up the large dinosaurs and the backgrounds that go with them. There are a lot of great photo opportunities in front of the dinosaurs & they had a variety of signs with information on the dinosaurs which is always fun because you might learn something new. This is a traveling event so they are in a new city every weekend, if this is an event that your family would love head over to their website to see which city they are headed to next. They will also have Canadian stops this year as well! 

Disclaimer- Tickets to the event for my family were provided by Jurassic Quest for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

24 comments:

Barbie's Beauty Bits said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We actually watched one of these movies last week. How funny!

khoingn | The Broad Life said...

Wow, looks like the Jurassic World is now a trending theme in many places. There is a Jurassic coffee in my city.

beth said...

This kind of place gets popular easily. My kids would love to visit here too.

Sincerely, Alice said...

Very smart to advise the unlimited wristband in order to save money, I know for a fact that as I child I'd be the one wanting to ride everything two or three times at least! I think the general admission is fair as this place seems to be jam packed full of things to do, and definitely a fun family affair for the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I would love to take the kids in my life to this dinosaur park. Thanks for introducing us to it! Stephanie

Dana Vitolo said...

My daughter loves dinosaurs and would love to go visit the Jurassic Quest! I enjoyed reading about your review and experience!

monique s said...

My kids are such dinosaur fans they would love this. Looks so engaging

Sonia Seivwright said...

This looks like so much fun. Even I would be excited to attend this place. My brother would love to attend too.

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Wow...in this life, I so badly want to see a giant dinosaur like those ones. I am so ready to part with the 22 dollars for this experience.

Bryan Carey said...

Little kids love dinosaurs. My two are teenagers now, but when they were younger, they loved visiting our local museum of Natural History, mainly to see the dinosaur skeletons.

Kimberly C said...

Looks like it was a great visit. I always love when there are activities like these to do with the whole family. Educational and great for photo ops also.

abzstylz said...

This will be the best place for a school trip! Looks like so much fun and educational.

alita said...

I will surely bring my kids here. It's a fantastic place.

Indu said...

Such events are lots of fun and learning as well. Kids will love being there.

Samantha Donnelly said...

What a great experience to visit, all my kids loved dinosaurs and would have loved this

rhian westbury said...

I had no idea something like this existed, it looks so cool. Sounds like a really fun day x

Stephanie said...

This looks like a great adventure. It took a couple of years but at least you finally got to go while they were still young enough. The wrist band sounds like a great deal and what we would probably do, too.

Tammy said...

Looks like such a fun place for the family! If my brother and I were younger we would have loved a spot like this...wonderful memories ^_^

Chad said...

That is so so cool! I love going to places like these with my son, he loves Dinosaurs.

Fransic Verso said...

This seem cool place to visit, love exploring places and would cool to see and experience this Jurassic

Neely said...

We took our son in Dallas a few years ago! Such a fun experience!

Anonymous said...

We have been to one and it is so fun! Great for younger kids.

moonlightmel said...

my kids and I love dinosaurs, so I am sure we would love this!! Looks like so much fun

Elise Ho said...

I have very much enjoyed all of the Jurassic amusement. I would imagine this one I would enjoy as well.