Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Vinebox - Date night wine tasting at home.

 


If you enjoy trying new wines, but don't live near a spot where you are able to do a wine tasting or you simply don't feel like going out to do a wine tasting Vinebox makes it super simple to do a wine tasting at home. They offer a collection of wine tasting boxes that are curated for specific events or occasions such as Date Night or a dinner party. I was recently sent a set of their Date Night boxes which is perfect for two people to try out three different wines. The date night set can be purchased for $78, you can also purchase a full bottle of wine on their website. 

How does it work? Once you decide which box you would like to try out, simply make your purchase & wait for your wine to be shipped to your home. Since it does contain alcohol, you will need to sign for the package upon delivery so if you are able to, I'd try to schedule it during a time you know you will be home. The Date night set comes with two boxes, each one has three tubes of wine - each tube equals one glass of wine. Inside you'll also find a small pamphlet that will describe each wine to you. I like the tubes the wine came in themselves, but I do not like the lids as much. One of the boxes we received the white wine was coming out of the cap a bit, so the bottle made the inside of the box a little wet.

The presentation is nice, especially if you are surprising your loved one with this as a gift. The box has a small pull-out tab & all of the tubes are cushioned to protect them from breaking. They are gifting ready upon arrival, if you prefer chilled wine, you can put the whole box into the fridge before enjoying. I personally enjoy wines that are sweeter & have notes of fruit, so I was very happy to find that the wines in this box fit with what I usually look for when trying new wines. 

What wines were included? In our boxes we received the following - Casual Blanco. Described as having white peach aromas with green tea + fennel flavor notes. Carignan La Galiniere. Described as Strawberry + Plum Aromas with a tart cranberry flavor. La Garganta Del Aguila. Described as having herb aromas with a Raspberry + Wild Strawberry flavor notes.


I think this is a fun way to spice up an at home date night, it gives you the comfort of being at whole while still trying something new. You could set up a charcuterie board to snack on, help each other cook a new recipe you haven't tried before while sampling this wine then relax with a movie. The wines were a little too strong for my taste, but it was fun trying them out with my husband. Each box has the perfect amount for enjoying a relaxing night at home, you can either try all three in one night or if want you can space them out and have one new glass of wine three nights in a row. 

What kind of wine do you enjoy drinking? Is this something you would do for a date night?

Disclaimer- The products mentioned above were provided by Vinebox for the review free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchase.

25 comments:

kywave said...

What a wonderful idea! I love the 'test tubes' they come in! Did the box come with the cute decor?

Ella English Author and Illustrator said...

This idea is so adorable for a cosy valentine's day evening.

Stephanie said...

This is such a great idea for a home date night! And a great way to try something new, too.

Gina Ferrell said...

This sounds like a fun idea to do with your loved one on Valentine's Day! My drink of choice is a good Pina Colada.

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun post. I love the idea of wine for a date night. I love a good Cabernet but enjoy trying other wines, too.

Debbie

Samantha Donnelly said...

What a great date night idea, I have not heard of this before. A great way to try new wines

alita said...

Wine tasting at home. This is the perfect activity for Valentine's.

beth said...

This will be a good surprise for my partner. A date night with a good wine is romantic.

Rose Ann Sales said...

Wow! This is a really great and lovely romantic date idea! I love it!

Ntensibe Edgar said...

Aaahhhh....the old me that enjoyed drinking wine would have loved this a lot. Thank you for sharing about it.

WanderlustBeautyDreams said...

What a cool concept! This is a perfect gift idea for valentine's day or for anyone whose a big wine lover!

Chad said...

A test tube!!! I love the idea, this is awesome! I will try to get it for sure. Thank you so much.

Melanie Edjourian said...

Doing a wine tasting on a date night sounds like a nice idea. It would be fun trying out the different options.

Lasonia said...

This is such a fun way to celebrate Valentines Day with your sweetie. I may try this myself.

Tammy said...

Oh I think this is a fabulous idea for date night or really just a fabulous gift in general! It's a nice way to discover new wines too.

Janice said...

Such wonderful ideas for romantic date nights, to be able to stay home and relax with a glass of wine is golden. Nice article!!!

Yeah Lifestyle said...

Oh I love this! Such a great idea to get some little taster bottles of wine. I would definitely do this.

Marysa said...

What a cool idea! I've never heard of this and it would be fun to try sometime as a treat.

melissa cushing said...

That is a great way to try some wines before committing to an entire bottle! Love it and may have to check it out for myself!

Blair Villanueva said...

This is also a good gift idea for someone who is a beginner in wine tasting. It saves you money and wine!

Christina Ferguson said...

I love this idea so much. Not only would it be great for a hubby date night but also for a BFF get together.

Maryann D. said...

This is a really a super idea. A wonderful gift for my sisters also.

Neely said...

What a fun date night idea! We love wine tasting!

Fransic Verso said...

This seems fun idea and would be good for people drinking alcohol. My partner and I don't consume that much.

Side Street Style said...

I love the idea of an at-home wine tasting! Such a cool way to spend the evening! Also these wines sound great

Laura x