Thursday, December 8, 2022

Wormholes the board game!

I was recently gifted a copy of the board game Wormholes sold by Alderac Entertainment Group (AEG) & it has instantly become a hit in our house. This fun game is a race across the galaxy trying to connect planets via wormholes while picking up & dropping off passengers to each planet. 

This is a one to five player game recommended for ages 14+ & the play time is 45 to 60 minutes. Both of my kids are younger than the recommended age, they are 9 & 13 however neither have an issue playing this game. The game is very easy to set up, you'll have everything put together and ready to go in less than ten minutes. All of the rules are easy to follow, simple to understand & everything is straight forward.

Depending on how many players are participating you'll have eight to ten planets ready to have wormholes set up to travel to them. Once all of the planets have had a wormhole connected to them there will only be three additional rounds before the game is over. The first person to connect a wormhole to a planet earns a point chip, however since the game will be coming to an end shortly after all planets have been connected the group may want to extend waiting to connect all planets to earn a few additional points by dropping off as many passengers as you can.

To pick up passengers you'll need to be directly next to a planet or the space station which is when you can pick up four passenger cards. There is a small catch to picking up passengers, you can't pick up cards that match the planet you are picking up from so they will need to be discarded & while at the space station you can only pick up cards that have been discarded. After picking them up, you will need to make your way across the board to the planet that matches the passenger card so you can drop them off at that planet. Each passenger is worth two victory points per passenger dropped off. 

There are chances to earn extra points through out the game as well. Once you reach the final round you will tally up all the points & who ever has the most is the winner. During the first few rounds of the game, I won each game but as we continued to play everyone started catching on to how to space out their wormholes better to rack up points so now it is anyone's game. This is a fantastic game to pull out when we are wanting to play a quick game that is fun to play. The board & game pieces are well made, bright in color and go together quite well. You can purchase this game on the AEG website for $49.99.

Is this a game you would enjoy adding to your game board collection?

Disclaimer- Alderac Entertainment Group provided the products mentioned above for the review  free of charge no other compensation was provided. However, no product compensation will influence the outcome of any review. My honest opinions are used in all reviews, they are solely my own & they may vary from others. My reviews are posted for readers in order to provide an informed decision before purchasing the product.

25 comments:

Chad said...

This is so so cool! I am getting it for sure, I love board games, they're perfect for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This looks so much fun, not to mention the board set up is a feast for the eyes! This would be the perfect gift for any space lover or just people who love board games, which include my family! Thank you for the recommendation!

-Whitney Stewart

Beth said...

This is the coolest! I think my family is going to love this. We've been getting tired of the same old board games over and over.

Julie Ann Shahin said...

My husband loves all things space! I need to get this right away for his Christmas present!

Motherhood: The Real Deal said...

What a cool and very unique concept for a game! My daughter is also 9 but I think she would really enjoy it too.

alita said...

This is such a cool game. I'm definitely getting this for Christmas. It looks so fun to play.

Simplyfood said...

This looks like cool game. I have not come across it . My family love board games so I will definitely check this out.

Tammy said...

Looks like a really great game for the family and a lot of fun! I think this would be a wonderful gift to give for Christmas.

mail4rosey said...

I love that it's unique. It's hard to come up with new concepts because there are so many games!! This one sounds cool.

Elizabeth Williams said...

We love playing board games as a family especially at Christmas time and are always looking for new ones to add to our collection. This game looks like one we would enjoy playing.

Angela Ricardo said...

That sounds like a wonderful board game to play with the family. Love how interesting it is and the design and mechanics are great.

Knycx Journeying said...

it looks fun and I always enjoy playing the colorful board and share the games with my friends - thanks for introducing this and I will keep this in mind - knycx journeying

Sonia Seivwright said...

I can see my family and I playing this game at my dad's house on the evening of boxing.

Jennifer Prince said...

This looks like such a fun game to play! I love the colors and the shapes of the pieces. It's so visually interesting!

Jasmine M said...

I have never heard of this game before, but it looks like it is a lot of fun. I may have to get this to play with my family this holiday season.

Kira said...

I’ve never seen this same before but looks a great Xmas present :)

仙妮 said...

This is really a nice board game to keep at home or school to enjoy brain exercise with it. Thanks r

仙妮 said...

This is really a nice board game to keep at home or school to enjoy brain exercise with it. Thanks for this , it's gonna be my gifting to my little niece. Cheers Siennylovesdrawing

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

the game looks so much fun! perfect as a weekend treat. very interesting and bright. I tend to navigate more towards board games during the winter, I think I need to buy this one

bye:myself said...

I love to play board games - and Christmas is knocking at our door. However, I'm afraid, an order won't make it in time. But next year, I need to get this for sure.

Justin said...

That looks like a really fun game. I saw it the other day and thought about buying it. Thank you for your views on it.

Lady In Read said...

I truly love the games you feature!! This game - the name + the looks - is definitely so very apt.. and I am sure will be a great hit with many

Kushigalu said...

This sounds like a really fun game. Thanks for sharing

Antoinette M said...

This looks really interesting and fun. I think my daughter would enjoy playing!

Melissa Greene said...

I love how this board game looks and it sounds like one my family would enjoy too I need to get this.